Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to skip Aquaman, but this looks like it picks up where things left off there.
    Aquaman goes to make Alec answer for Seeder filling the oceans with algae, they fight, Swamp Thing is all "lol, you can't beat me" then learns of why Aquaman is actually mad because there's some form of sentient red algae or something in the ocean, Alec goes to investigate.

There you go.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Aquaman goes to make Alec answer for Seeder filling the oceans with algae, they fight, Swamp Thing is all "lol, you can't beat me" then learns of why Aquaman is actually mad because there's some form of sentient red algae or something in the ocean, Alec goes to investigate.

There you go.
    Slight change to that. It was Alec not Seeder that filled the oceans with algae to convince the Parliament that he should be the Avatar again and make the world green as the Parliament really wants. Alec admitted as such in Aquaman, but it was just a ploy by Alec to be the Avatar again and seal off the Parliament.

All-New Member

Can't wait to pick this up! As others have said, I don't think you need to read Aquaman 31 to get what's going on here. Part of the problem is that Aquaman wasn't quite new reader friendly; half of the issue was Aquaman vs. Swamp Thing and the other half was about Mera's unrelated story. Though I hope this crossover does convince more people to start reading Swamp Thing.
    Pull List: Swamp Thing, Gotham by Midnight, Robin: Son of Batman, Batman, Detective Comics, Darth Vader, Batman '66

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Slight change to that. It was Alec not Seeder that filled the oceans with algae to convince the Parliament that he should be the Avatar again and make the world green as the Parliament really wants. Alec admitted as such in Aquaman, but it was just a ploy by Alec to be the Avatar again and seal off the Parliament.
    You're right, I misread that when I went to look back at the issue.