Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Should be Jessica Drew

Or Sue
    Even before being sent to Limbo after the events of Secret Wars, Sue rarely appeared outside of the FF comic. She is way too tethered to the team, even the other members of her team have much more freedom and impact on the MU.

I don't know how Marvel views Sue, but it's nowhere near being the flagship female superhero. All I know is that they should treat the character so much better considering she is Marvel's first lady and deserves a big push.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-22-2019 at 08:04 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I feel like Storm or Jean. Everyone knows Storm, and Dark Phoenix at the least. As much as Marvel tries good luck trying to get anyone to tell you a Carol Danver's story.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Does Marvel really have a flagship male?

Depending on how the film goes down, though, it’ll probably be Captain Marvel.

Sue, Jean and Ms Marvel are probably up there, too.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    lmao wow.

images.jpg

They certainly have contenders for that position. Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor all have had immense cultural impact. No female character for Marvel even comes close except for possibly Storm, but they stopped pushing her mid-2000's. And even then, she's so tied to the X-Men and doesn't have her own solo backing as opposed to Wolverine.

Marvel is obviously to blame for all of this. They could have easily pushed a female character over the years, but instead kept characters like Wasp, Invisible Woman, and Jean Grey in the sidelines. She-Hulk and Spider-Girl are the only two female characters who have managed to sustain solo series for several years.

Yes. Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    lmao wow.

images.jpg
    Cap, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man.
    All contenders and could share that position just as much.

There is no need to be rude.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Carol could really be something, but it sucks that they turned her into Ironman 2.0 in some ways.

I think Storm has potential, but so does Kamala Khan and now Gen Stacy.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It will be Captain Marvel after the movie drops.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Marvel's licensing department needs a reboot, or slap. Storm has the least amount of merchandise compared to her historical prominence in the X-Men cartoons, comics and the movies raising her profile. I see so much stuff (T-shirts, tote bags, mugs, etc.) where the focus is on everybody but Storm, especially 'group shots'. I see combinations of Jean Gray, Elektra, Widow, Invisible Woman, Spider-Woman and She-Hulk put on these items, and no Storm at all. No Monica Rambeau, either. Black women don't exist when it comes to all of the "Ladies Rule!" comics merchandise out there.
    Agreed, I am constantly searching for Storm related merchandise for my fiancé and myself and it definitely some prolonged search efforts.

I still think that Marvel doesn't push representation far enough, particularly for Black women (no surprise). Spectrum and Storm should be in the forefront. I think Storm may get a bigger push in the next couple of years with Marvel gaining the movie X-men franchise back. But Monica man, we need her in a cartoon, in a movie and just plain more of her.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It will be Captain Marvel after the movie drops.
    It will be Black Widow after the movie drops.

Fixed.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Cap, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man.
    All contenders and could share that position just as much.

Sorry, but this is just a blatantly false statement to make.

It's Spider-Man, and he doesn't have any competition at Marvel (actually, his only competition is over at DC, in the forms of Batman and Superman, in that order).

Name another Marvel anything (of any gender) with multiple, unconnected SERIES of solo live-action blockbuster movies while also appearing in multiple live- action team movies, while having multiple solo cartoons, while also having multiple solo video games, while also having multiple solo ongoing comic book titles, not to mention a (hilariously bad and short-lived) solo Broadway musical.

There isn't one other than Spider-Man. There's never been one other than Spider-Man. Peter has worn that crown at Marvel basically since he was introduced back in the early 1960s.

The male Marvel crown is not up for debate by any historical metric.

The female Marvel crown is a whole 'nother thing altogether.

1960s - 1970s : Susan Richards

1980s: She-Hulk

1990s - 2000s: Storm

2010s - present: Captain Marvel

If the CAPTAIN MARVEL movie merely ISN'T a bomb, AND she plays a memorable role in ENDGAME, I think the debate comes to a close for the foreseeable future
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 01-22-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    They certainly have contenders for that position. Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor all have had immense cultural impact. No female character for Marvel even comes close except for possibly Storm, but they stopped pushing her mid-2000's. And even then, she's so tied to the X-Men and doesn't have her own solo backing as opposed to Wolverine.

Marvel is obviously to blame for all of this
    . They could have easily pushed a female character over the years, but instead kept characters like Wasp, Invisible Woman, and Jean Grey in the sidelines. She-Hulk and Spider-Girl are the only two female characters who have managed to sustain solo series for several years.
    Definitely. Marvel never treated their female characters the same as their male ones until the films started coming out. That's when the difference between female and male heroes stood out to a wider audience and Marvel went on a mad rush to promote their female heroes more. It's great that they finally started to do it, but it should have never taken so long. DC has been better than Marvel when it comes to their female characters for a long time, Marvel has been playing catch-up.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    It will be Black Widow after the movie drops.

Fixed.
    Scarlett Ingrid Johansson is my future ex-wife in an alternate reality, so I have no qualms with that. I just don't see Marvel pushing Black Widow to the forefront. They should, but they won't.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Personally, I think it's because the Widow isn't exactly a family friendly character. Nat is pretty brutal when it comes down to it. Could you imagine Widow starring in a solo children's cartoon show?