Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm going to throw Mahaily Reeves' name into the hat as Marvel's next flagship female. She's 15 years old...and bench presses 315 lbs. Holy s***, what are they feeding the kids these days?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2817805
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

A weightlifter? Are you suggesting that this girl should play a Champion or Young Avenger in the movies?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So after Carol and Widow which ladies should get a solo movie??

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I'd kill for someone like Monica or Moondragon or Songbird or Snowbird, but, I'm not seeing a whole lot from the current crop of MCU ladies. (Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie, Wasp(s), Sharon Carter, Shuri & Okoye, etc. The only one that even piques my interest is a short film about Michelle Pfieffer's Wasp stuck in the microverse/quantum realm these past decades.)

For non-MCU, I kind of want a Domino solo movie starring Zazie Beetz. She owned her parts of Deadpool 2.

Although a Misty Knight / Colleen Wing Daughters of the Dragon film could also be fun, if they weren't all blocked up by the Netflicks/MCU barrier. That could be a neat place to introduce a White Tiger (Ava or Angela) and make a sort of 'Marvel's Birds of Prey.' Or use Mockingbird/Adrienne Palicki, from Agents of SHIELD, and get the 'It's all connected!' people's hearts aflutter by putting some ABC peanut butter in their Netflix chocolate.

We'll probably get Ms. Marvel/Kamala eventually (if not also Lunella in an animated film, also), and a spider-chicklet, maybe even a She-Hulk. (I'd root for Silk or Anya Corazon, but am resigned to it being Mayday Parker or Spider-Gwen...) America Chavez might be too much to hope for (and, honestly, they are having trouble writing for her voice, so it might be early to adapt it to the big screen...).

If you wanted to experiment with genres, Elsa Bloodstone could pull off a fun 'Buffy meets Tomb Raider' sort of vibe. People aren't flocking to the theaters because they were always big fans of character X (whether that be Ant-Man or Black Panther), but because they have grown to like the smell of what Marvel is cooking, so Marvel can introduce some characters that aren't pushing books and don't have a huge comic fanbase, at this point, *if they have a good movie to sell.*

I think they proved that with the Guardians of the Galaxy. It's not the teeming masses of Peter Quill fans that filled the theaters, it's the Marvel brand. We don't have to know a damn thing about the specific twists and turns on the ride (or characters in the movie), only that we liked the last one they gave us, and expect this one to be fun, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd kill for someone like Monica or Moondragon or Songbird or Snowbird, but, I'm not seeing a whole lot from the current crop of MCU ladies. (Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie, Wasp(s), Sharon Carter, Shuri & Okoye, etc. The only one that even piques my interest is a short film about Michelle Pfieffer's Wasp stuck in the microverse/quantum realm these past decades.)

For non-MCU, I kind of want a Domino solo movie starring Zazie Beetz. She owned her parts of Deadpool 2.

Although a Misty Knight / Colleen Wing Daughters of the Dragon film could also be fun, if they weren't all blocked up by the Netflicks/MCU barrier. That could be a neat place to introduce a White Tiger (Ava or Angela) and make a sort of 'Marvel's Birds of Prey.' Or use Mockingbird/Adrienne Palicki, from Agents of SHIELD, and get the 'It's all connected!' people's hearts aflutter by putting some ABC peanut butter in their Netflix chocolate.

We'll probably get Ms. Marvel/Kamala eventually (if not also Lunella in an animated film, also), and a spider-chicklet, maybe even a She-Hulk. (I'd root for Silk or Anya Corazon, but am resigned to it being Mayday Parker or Spider-Gwen...) America Chavez might be too much to hope for (and, honestly, they are having trouble writing for her voice, so it might be early to adapt it to the big screen...).
    fun, too.
    Kamela Khan and Ghost Spider would probably be the next in line for solo movies imo. Storm or someone from the X-men could break through as well

I can certainly see both Ms Marvel and Spectrum debuting in Captain Marvel 2, with Kamala then either getting her own movie or a team (which would be a combined Champions and Young Avengers). She-Hulk is impossible as Universal still have the Hulk solo rights. It means that Bruce Banner, Jennifer Walters and Amadeus Cho can't have their own movies - this is why Planet Hulk was adapted as a Thor movie. There'll likely not be a spider female movie either, not in the MCU anyway. Sony only loaned Disney Spider-Man. They could do MCU Silk in Spider-Man Home 3, though, as Cindy's already there, she just doesn't have her powers yet.

Moon Girl has an animated series planned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd love a Blonde Phantom movie set during the late-1940s or 1950s.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love for Jessica Drew: Spider Woman to get one, but I dont know if Sony can get it right. She's not just another Spider-character.
    Now that Disney has the Fox assets, I SOOOOO want a Dazzler movie!! She doesn't need to start off in an X-Men movie...just give her her own movie and let her shine!
    Daughters of the Dragon could be an exceptional movie as well.
    Elsa Bloodstone could be hilariously amazing.
    and then She-Hulk. There will always be She-Hulk. sigh. If only Disney would buy out Universal

COVER PRONTA.jpg

Nuff said!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    That video makes me want a Storm and Invisible Woman team-up book so bad.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That video makes me want a Storm and Invisible Woman team-up book so bad.
    How well do they know each other? I know Storm lived in the Baxter building for a while but I think they ever had any notable interactions

How well do they know each other? I know Storm lived in the Baxter building for a while but I think they ever had any notable interactions
    They hung out before Storm's wedding to Black Panther, and teamed up a few times over the years. Both characters tend to not appear often outside of their respective franchises so they don't have many interactions with characters outside of the Fantastic Four and X-Men respectively. The few times they do interact they treat each other as friends.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Storm; Jessica Drew; Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    NOTE: December 2018's numbers are also available, but several of DC's title featuring female leads didn't ship during the week of December 26th but were instead moved to the week of January 2nd.
    Keeping that in mind, here's the information from Diamond's Top 500 Comics list for December 2018 using both Marvel and DC's ladies (at least as best as I can notice):
    28th - Catwoman #6 - 48,014 copies
    45th - Wonder Woman #60 - 36,966 copies
    57th - Spider-Gwen Ghost Spider #3 - 29,016 copies
    63rd - Life of Captain Marvel #5 - 27,079 copies
    67th - X-23 #7 - 26,934 copies
    69th - Harley Quinn #56 - 26,491 copies
    91st - Spider-Girls #3 - 21,682 copies
    92nd - Supergirl #25 - 21,564 copies
    95th - Domino #9 - 20,692 copies
    109th - Shuri #3 - 17,561 copies
    110th - Goddess Mode #1 - 17,471 copies
    126th - Suicide Squad Black Files #2 - 13,378 copies
    156th - Pearl #5 - 10,584 copies
    171st - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #39 - 9,464 copies
    192nd - Unstoppable Wasp #3 - 7,737 copies
    213th - Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #38 - 6,502 copies
    219th - Marvel Super-Heroes Adventures Captain Marvel Frost Giants #1 - 5,954 copies
    221st - Sasquatch Detective #1 - 5,857 copies
    (274th - Domino #1 - 3,485 copies)
    (383rd - Life of Captain Marvel #4 - 1,065 copies)
    Again, hopefully I didn't leave any titles from DC or Marvel off of this list that should have been included.