Default Steven Universe And The Crystal Gems *Spoilers*

Missed it! I'll have to catch it Sunday...

Anyway, I'm really loving the show. I was looking forward to it because creator Rebecca Sugar did many of the best episodes of Adventure Time, and Steven Universe did not disappoint.

I got a burned out on Regular Show a season or two ago, so it's great to have another show on CN to look forward to besides AT.

Agreed! Adventure Time is great but I'm starting to feel like it's coming close to ending. It's been popular for so long and some of the recent episodes have been kind of disappointing. Steven Universe is fresh and really fantastic. Lots of fantastic, diverse characters.

^I still think AT is great, but it does feel like it's building to certain things, and once it does I don't want it to go on passed it's freshness date and become a zombie show like Spongebob or the Simpsons. I understand it's a big hit, but if they want to keep it around I'd rather it be with the occasional special instead of going on for, say, another five years.

One thing I really love about Steven Universe is the diverse body types of the characters. You don't realize the lack of it and other cartoons and comics until you see it utilized so brilliantly.

EXACTLY!!! that show is just wonderful. Not to mention all of the racial diversity, and a male lead with female role models. The recent AT arc with (spoiler) finn's arm is promising though. And I read that they are going to get more serious this season with more permanent consequences so I'm excited about that.

There's so much visual character imbued in the character designs, not just the body shapes but expressions, style, etc. That's a lot of wasted potential in tv shows/comics that suffer even moderate sameface, that extra dimension of characterization just completely ignored.

The writing and backgrounds are also really creative. I wish this was made when I was a kid.

This show is killing it. I mean; the mythology it's building, the gorgeous animation, the depths of the characterization (often achieved in very small, delicate moments).

It's the best.

Unfortunately, I find out Kaboom's Steven Universe comic is ending with issue #8! I was really enjoying it, but I suppose it had a tough act to walk: since so much of the backstory is still shrouded in mystery the comic stories are still stuck in the kind of monster-on-the-loose format of the show's earliest episodes. When the Adventure Time comics started that show had already been on for a few seasons and had set up enough that the comics folks could build their own stories alternate to that of the TV show.

Wow! Last week's 'Steven Bomb' (a new episode every weekday, closing out the first season) was incredible! Intergalactic superhero action, emotional roller coaster, and great songs!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Pretty much the best currently running animated program. Gravity Falls might be better but it loses points due to never showing up on time to our dates.

Just a great series all around, It's made me listen to more Estelle than I thought I ever would.