Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Looking back the one bit that always amused me was that her powers really were kind of just an after the thought minor explanation to tie Ma Hunel and Reddie together.

Though a part of me remembers hoping something similar would be done to give Traya Sutton powers.

I did like that later on she started developing powers that seemed to be making her something of a wind elemental being able to hear words ala super hearing but with the winds speaking to her or somesuch.
    HOLY SHIT SOMEONE ELSE REMEMBERS TRAYA AKA THE MOST ADORABLE THING IN EXISTENCE!

For real, I've had this idea for a possible future story for awhile, in which Lian Harper, Traya, and an OC who's the son of Cass and Steph, using Tim's sperm, are grown up, and have formed the Red Squad, as the new Red Arrow, Red Tornado, and Red Robin.

Astonishing Member

Traya, like Cyclone, is indeed adorable. It'd be amusing to see the two ever interact.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If they do bring her back someday I would love to see her in the Teen Titans book or maybe even take her Stargirl, the Nu52 Powergirl (Tanya Spears), and a couple others and start a new Young Justice book.

Astonishing Member

Yep. With any luck whatever Rebirth we're in the makings of for the JSA will bring her and her family back.

I always thought she was adorable. And I'd love to see her expanded on somehow.

BANNED

cyclone m.jpg

New Maxine art isn't frequent these days, but it's always nice to see.

Now that Red Tornado is back (At least in some capacity), the door is at least open for Maxine, Traya and Ma. We can only hope someone will take advantage of that.
    Last edited by Assam; 11-01-2017 at 09:11 PM.

BANNED

What would you guys say to Humphries writing Maxine once/if she comes back? He's proven his chops as a writer with Green Lanterns and the way he expertly displayed Jessica Cruz's anxiety makes him one of the few writers I'd trust to really explore Maxine's depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    What would you guys say to Humphries writing Maxine once/if she comes back? He's proven his chops as a writer with Green Lanterns and the way he expertly displayed Jessica Cruz's anxiety makes him one of the few writers I'd trust to really explore Maxine's depression.
    I'd trust him with Maxine .

Astonishing Member

I think he'd do a fine job with her.

But admittedly my entire time reading Cyclone I never picked up on the idea she had depression. I know it was mentioned in her first appearance but I never noticed it in her characterization between her chattermouthness and usual peppiness. She came off like the usual teen in a story.

Which isn't necessarilly wrong given how it can be shown in real life admittedly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I think he'd do a fine job with her.

But admittedly my entire time reading Cyclone I never picked up on the idea she had depression. I know it was mentioned in her first appearance but I never noticed it in her characterization between her chattermouthness and usual peppiness. She came off like the usual teen in a story.

Which isn't necessarilly wrong given how it can be shown in real life admittedly.
    It definitely wasn't overt or given focus which I think was a missed opportunity, but hey, Magog was pretty much the ONLY aspect of that series to get much focus. Even still, it did come through for me, and there were a lot of subtle things I picked up on that made me relate to her. (I think one of the one-shots did give it some focus as well but I don't recall exactly)

Astonishing Member

Well I do think there were moments you could argue it showed her depression but it was essentially always just shown as what seemed like normal downs anyone could have, which isn't a problem per se but yeah it certainly wasn't focused on in any hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd trust him with Maxine .
    Ditto, he would do a terrific job with her.

NOTE: all of the above from Justice Society of America #1 (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This thread has not been written on since 2015, and I find that to be unacceptable. Maxine is my favorite member of the JSA, and this Wizard of Oz loving, monkey owning, braniac deserves to be appreciated.
    Figured she could use another bump-up.
    From JSA 80-Page Giant 2010:

from Justice Society of America #3 (April 2007):