Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Skrull brainwashing could be used to explain that away.

Though I think an issue with Felicia is that readers forget how nuts she was.
    I don't think Skrull brainwashing has anything to do with it, nor do I think there's any elaborate reason for it. I don't even think this being an alternate timeline changed because of One More Day is responsible. It's just bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Though I think an issue with Felicia is that readers forget how nuts she was.
    Yeah, was.

We're twenty years past that. And now we're right back to her defining her worth by Spider-Man.

And, frankly, her last bout of crazy was problematic too.

Yeah, she's had more years under her belt being a far more evolved and three-dimensional character than being a one note crazy chick archetype.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    LMAO What a way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Carlie was a Skrull. It wouldn't be the first time Peter dated an alien.
    LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Yeah, was.

We're twenty years past that. And now we're right back to her defining her worth by Spider-Man.

And, frankly, her last bout of crazy was problematic too.
    But none of that matches how Slott is portraying her, therefore how she's being portrayed now totally gets a free pass.

To answer the OP's main question, we do see Carlie in Secret Wars Spider-Island #3.

If Dan Slot isn't using her and/or Norah Winters for the time being could he nudge Bendis and give him a conspicuous wink.

Seriously tho, there are tons of storylines, they could do in Bendis Spidey book.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    If Dan Slot isn't using her and/or Norah Winters for the time being could he nudge Bendis and give him a conspicuous wink.

Seriously tho, there are tons of storylines, they could do in Bendis Spidey book.
    I don't think Bendis would know about them otherwise .

Amazing Member

Carlie Cooper was a colorless character against whom readers rebelled, because editorial/Slott oversold her. She didn't earn her way into ASM, so to speak, the readership got beaten over the head with how great she allegedly was, even though no reasons were shown to convince us that she was in fact great. It was all tell (including the absurdity of having Mary Jane of all people proclaim how great Carlie was), and no show.

She could gain a spark of interest if it turned out she's been permanently cursed by the Goblin serum into an uncontrollable, part-time giggling psychopath. IOW, an innocent CSI who got sucked into personal disaster as a result of dating Peter Parker.

http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-...ove-interests/

Comicsalliance's Ask Chris had an article about the concept of the superhero love interest. Chris Sims talks about how sometimes love interests are tied to a specific era of comics and points to Carlie Cooper as a representative of "Brand New Day." Kind of like how DC's Terry Long is tied to the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans era.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-...ove-interests/

Comicsalliance's Ask Chris had an article about the concept of the superhero love interest. Chris Sims talks about how sometimes love interests are tied to a specific era of comics and points to Carlie Cooper as a representative of "Brand New Day." Kind of like how DC's Terry Long is tied to the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans era.
    That makes sense.
    But you can also point out it's limited story telling. The characters were known for a specific arc that defined them, but there was never the stories after.
    Like Carlie is remembered when you think about BND, cause she was the girl after MJ. But Carlie really didn't have much of a purpose after they broke up. Really she stayed in the book so someone would know that Otto was Spider-Man in SSM, and that's rarely brought up upon.

And I think it's defining on a lot of love interests in general, after the initial romance cycle, there isn't much use of the character after.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    That makes sense.
    But you can also point out it's limited story telling. The characters were known for a specific arc that defined them, but there was never the stories after.
    Like Carlie is remembered when you think about BND, cause she was the girl after MJ. But Carlie really didn't have much of a purpose after they broke up. Really she stayed in the book so someone would know that Otto was Spider-Man in SSM, and that's rarely brought up upon.

And I think it's defining on a lot of love interests in general, after the initial romance cycle, there isn't much use of the character after.
    That's on the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    That's on the writer.
    More on the genre/medium.
    Not everyone gets to be like Archie Comics and be successful without major changes. End of the day the writer has to make their story interesting for as long as possible. So it's either gonna be make a new character to bring the main character into a new path, or bring back an old one to shake things up.

A novel trilogy would never face that problem because there would never be multiple writers in that series. But in a comic book, where runs have to be distinguished from one another, they're gonna do those shakes up for a reason.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Mighty Member

not me
    good riddance

she was made to take Mary Jane's place and nobody can do that
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

She can stay gone forever for all I care.