Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

How can she return when she died on the way to her home planet?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I think it's more like Marvel can try their hardest to give Peter a new love interest but the trouble is that MJ is like one the best characters Marvel has ever had so the love interest they try to give him will always fall short. Cindy managed to escape that stigma by getting her own title and she stopped being so weird with Peter.
    Cindy simply didn't date Peter, that's how she 'escaped'. It's the foaming at the mouth rabidness of some fans that if Peter dates someone for even one week, the fans must seek and destroy this new woman in Peter's life. It's pretty weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    I thought she was the poor man's version of Gwen Stacy.
    More like the destitute man's version of Gwen.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Marvel should take the chance and put Greer Grant(Tigra) in Carlie's place as part of the NYPD CSI Unit. In many ways, Greer is a lot like Peter as she studies Microbiology for her undergraduate studies and is a trained Police Officer. In addition Greer might succeed where Carlie had failed to do, which is accept both Peter Parker and Spider-Man for who he is. And having Greer in Spider-Man's world opens the doors for her own adventures as well.

Greer could make for an interesting partnership with Peter Parker as they have a lot in common which is their love for science investigation. I feel that Tigra might have been better off in the pages of Spider-Man than as an Avenger where she plays second fiddle to everyone else. As The Cat, Spider-Man was her first crime fighting ally while as Tigra, Kraven the Hunter was her first real enemy...

When you compare Greer Grant with Carlie Cooper, it starts with their jobs as Crime Scene Investigators. But that's where the similarities end. Personality wise, Greer is far more interesting than Carlie. The difference is that Greer has been in limbo for such a longtime outside of the Avengers that she just can't get a break as a serious character in her own right as a solo character. But if placed into Spider-Man's world as a Police Officer whose knows Peter is Spider-Man, that's a unique game changer.
    That certainly might work. What I think is part of the problem is Slott feels the need to pair Spidey with one of his own or another fairly recently created OC, rather than an established character Peter has some history with already. I think this is so Slott can further cement his place in comic book history, but so far it has been his one epic fail.

I'd like to see her again out of two things:

1. The whole thing of her and MJ being his exes who knew his secret wasn't explored nearly enough, especially when Superior came around

2. Her exit was horribly unsatisfying. I mean between her and MJ, they both just abandoned Peter in a time where he had just gotten back from literally having his life stolen simply because the going got rough. That'd be a time someone could use a friendly hand more than ever.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

The only time I cared about Carlie was when she was infused with Goblin formula. She was very boring to me compared to MJ or even the aforementioned Deb Whitman.

Peter Parker and Greer Grant-Nelson? They would actually make for an interesting couple, especially considering Pete's appeal to *ahem* cat ladies. Plus she's a mom now, so it might be fun to see how Pete handled a Skrull/werecat toddler.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

I liked the character.

My fear is that if she is ever brought back to the book, it will involve Monster. Too many goblins already. Too many of Peter's friends turning against him already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I liked the character.

My fear is that if she is ever brought back to the book, it will involve Monster. Too many goblins already. Too many of Peter's friends turning against him already.
    damn Parker Luck

I think Carlie (and the other BND love interests) all suffered from following up on the most egregious and ham-handed retcon in Spider-Man history, especially since it broke up one of the most significant relationships Peter Parker ever had. Everyone was going to be comparing her to MJ - and as much as her creators worked on her, that's not a contest she can win - MJ was a Lee/Romita original who won over fans right from her first appearance, so a newcomer pretty much had no chance. The fact that Carlie was rather inconsistent - it seems like her haircut changed both style and colour every other issue. Not to mention you had other characters (including MJ herself) telling Peter 'this girl is perfect for you, date her!' without really giving reason to belief that was true - whereas MJ & Peter seemed to have natural chemistry in the glory days. The hamhanded Gwen connection didn't help. Hell, Carlie being the only one to suspect Otto and later even overcome the effects of the Goblin serum seemed to keep up promoting the idea she was super special awesome. If she comes back I really hope they figure out a damn good reason for it. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets killed off by a future writer for some cheap shock value down the road - that seems to be something of a tradition these days. And that would be a waste - I say that as someone who never liked her at all. But there is potential there - Spidey having a 'friend on the force' who actually knows his secret ID is something that's never been done before.

Marvel could try for a Gotham Central type series. She could be the trying to reform/restoring herself teammate.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Carlie was a nerdy, responsible adult with a respectable job. If you're gonna try and hook your flaky friend/nephew up with someone, it's gonna be a woman you feel can pick up his slack. Of course, sure, she had some anger management/self-importance issues, but who doesn't?

People always bring up the 'she's perfect' thing, but they were promoting MJ as basically the woman you totally wanna bang leading up to her first full appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Of course, sure, she had some anger management/self-importance issues, but who doesn't?
    Dr. Doom?..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Dr. Doom?..
    He once Death-Rayed an artist for painting him like a French girl.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Carlie was a nerdy, responsible adult with a respectable job. If you're gonna try and hook your flaky friend/nephew up with someone, it's gonna be a woman you feel can pick up his slack. Of course, sure, she had some anger management/self-importance issues, but who doesn't?

People always bring up the 'she's perfect' thing, but they were promoting MJ as basically the woman you totally wanna bang leading up to her first full appearance.
    But Peter didn't want to meet MJ. That was the joke. He didn't want to meet her because Aunt May shipped her with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    But Peter didn't want to meet MJ. That was the joke. He didn't want to meet her because Aunt May shipped her with him.
    It wasn't just May. They had folks like Betty and Flash seeing her and commenting how hot she was.