Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    If we see her again, what would you want her to do?
    Well, seeing as how Spidey is getting a Spider-Mobile. How about Carlie acts as his ''Oracle'' so to speak

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Betty is one of the few of Peter's past girlfriend who still carries the torch for him. But I think that Jennifer Walters(human form) would be an interesting match up for Peter because her legal expertise in all forms of the Law of Business and intellectual patents would help his company a great deal. Greer Grant would be another addition because of her strong ties to the NYPD CSI Forensic Division who does DNA profile cases that no one else could solve. Thus, both Jennifer and Greer have a lot to offer as Peter's companions respectively.

I think that Tigra's professional side is overlooked, as well as Jennifer's legal profession(human persona) on Business and Intellectual Property which would bore her She-Hulk persona to death.
    How does this, in any way, contribute to the discussion of Carlie Cooper? Even Kal-el made it relevant by pointing out how Carlie wouldn't be as interesting an choice as the others.

Does anyone else actually care enough to see Jennifer and Greer as love interests for Peter? And yes, Darth, you are asking for them to be love interests. Your "generosity" towards the "overlooked" sides of Greer and Jennifer require you to cut their characters entirely in half and treat them like a "Jekyll and Hyde" scenarios, as if Tigra and She-Hulk are just the Hyde parts of them that need to be downplayed, if not outright abandoned. Why insist on Betty carrying a torch for Peter, but claim that she's "over" Flash, despite Betty's last relationship with Flash being far more recent than her relationship with Peter? Why use Greer for the police stuff when that seems to be exactly why people want Carlie(human form) to stay in the books? Has it actually been specified that she has a law degree in business and intellectual patents? If not, why not have Matt Murdock(human form) act as Peter's lawyer? In fact, just look through this list. Why not use anyone from that list (That's alive in 616, at least) to act as Peter's lawyer? Why does it have to be Jennifer specifically? Why must her law degree be applied to Spider-Man's story to show this other side of Jennifer? Couldn't that be accomplished by focusing on her own? Why not have this be shown in a book like A-Force?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderNerd View Post
    I'd like to see Carlie return to working with the police force. With everything that's happening to compromise Watanabe's position during SPIRAL, I think it could be a good chance to re-introduce her to the story. She would probably have to be in Miles' book though, as Peter is evidently going to be globe-trotting in the upcoming ASM relaunch. It could be interesting to see her reaction Miles given her history with Peter.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Her and Norah are roommates and business partners in a little detective agency that's trying to compete in a city full of them, some even run by actual former superheroes. So they're always broke. Norah helps Carlie stop taking men so seriously, and Carlie Helps Norah fix her credit score. It's '2 Broke Girls' meets 'True Detective.'
    I don't want to make too many assumptions for either of you, but I thought it might be helpful to this thread to have at least some kind of consensus on what could happen with her. So if there was to be more of a police focus in the Spider-Man line (Not just within ASM specifically), Carlie could have more of a focus, possibly to fill a void left by Watanabe? That sort of "replacement" could work, considering how they worked together during Superior Spider-Man, so it builds off of some threads. Plus, Carlie and Norah working together gives a sort of buddy cop feeling.

I guess one thing to decide on is where this would work. SpiderNerd, you said Miles would probably be the best chance, but what about you, cyberhubbs? Do you have any book in mind that you want to see them added to, or do you think they can carry a book on their own? Or does it not matter which book they're in, just as long as that premise is there?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well, seeing as how Spidey is getting a Spider-Mobile. How about Carlie acts as his ''Oracle'' so to speak
    Since everything is jumping ahead eight months, that might be enough time for Carlie to have fully recovered from the events of Goblin Nation, so it's entirely possible for her to be able to play that role. I know you weren't entirely serious, but I think if you're all going to respond to my question about what you want Carlie to be doing, I at least owe it to you all to consider each of your suggestions.

BANNED

How does this, in any way, contribute to the discussion of Carlie Cooper? Even Kal-el made it relevant by pointing out how Carlie wouldn't be as interesting an choice as the others.

Does anyone else actually care enough to see Jennifer and Greer as love interests for Peter? And yes, Darth, you are asking for them to be love interests. Your "generosity" towards the "overlooked" sides of Greer and Jennifer require you to cut their characters entirely in half and treat them like a "Jekyll and Hyde" scenarios, as if Tigra and She-Hulk are just the Hyde parts of them that need to be downplayed, if not outright abandoned. Why insist on Betty carrying a torch for Peter, but claim that she's "over" Flash, despite Betty's last relationship with Flash being far more recent than her relationship with Peter? Why use Greer for the police stuff when that seems to be exactly why people want Carlie(human form) to stay in the books? Has it actually been specified that she has a law degree in business and intellectual patents? If not, why not have Matt Murdock(human form) act as Peter's lawyer? In fact, just look through this list. Why not use anyone from that list (That's alive in 616, at least) to act as Peter's lawyer? Why does it have to be Jennifer specifically? Why must her law degree be applied to Spider-Man's story to show this other side of Jennifer? Couldn't that be accomplished by focusing on her own? Why not have this be shown in a book like A-Force?

I don't want to make too many assumptions for either of you, but I thought it might be helpful to this thread to have at least some kind of consensus on what could happen with her. So if there was to be more of a police focus in the Spider-Man line (Not just within ASM specifically), Carlie could have more of a focus, possibly to fill a void left by Watanabe? That sort of "replacement" could work, considering how they worked together during Superior Spider-Man, so it builds off of some threads. Plus, Carlie and Norah working together gives a sort of buddy cop feeling.

I guess one thing to decide on is where this would work. SpiderNerd, you said Miles would probably be the best chance, but what about you, cyberhubbs? Do you have any book in mind that you want to see them added to, or do you think they can carry a book on their own? Or does it not matter which book they're in, just as long as that premise is there?

Since everything is jumping ahead eight months, that might be enough time for Carlie to have fully recovered from the events of Goblin Nation, so it's entirely possible for her to be able to play that role. I know you weren't entirely serious, but I think if you're all going to respond to my question about what you want Carlie to be doing, I at least owe it to you all to consider each of your suggestions.
    God no, they could not carry a book. That's just being realistic. Perhaps in a perfect world with a perfect creative team, maybe. But for now, I'd be cool with them bouncing around the titles. Maybe show up in Spider-Woman as a rival agency. Pop up in Daredevil as detectives hired by Matt's courtroom opponent. Go for that total Odd Couple feel. Maybe a back-up story in an ASM issue to help set up some upcoming event.

I'm not against Carlie taking over for Watanabe, but it'd probably be something down the line. Like...At some point their agency survives long enough for them to build a reputation and Carlie gets an offer to come back to the police force in some upgraded capacity, though not yet captain, and Norah gets offered a job working for some big paper or international news source, and have to decide what they want to do individually.

They're still both young characters, mid-20s. No reason to tie them down just yet.

Astonishing Member

Greer has an audience. But lacks a solo series of her own. And Greer's human side has far more to contribute to Spider-Man's world than Carlie Cooper ever could because she is in so many ways like Peter Parker. As Tigra, most of Greer's prior character development was dropped such as her intellectual interests in Microbiology and the use of technology for her crime investigation during her time as The Cat. Unlike Carlie, Greer had enough development to be a supporting cast in the pages of Spider-Man and would serve as an anti-Black Cat character.

As for Jennifer Walters, the human side to her character should be the core of her being and not the Sensational She-Hulk 24/7. I see both the She-Hulk and Tigra as action based characters who work best in battle and their human form as being the normal everyday side to their being. There needs to be a half and half with Tigra and the She-Hulk, or otherwise all we get the their super heroine side and not the every woman side. And Peter doesn't need Matt Murdock when Jennifer Walters could takes things to a whole new level away from court cases. Perhaps having both Jennifer and Greer in Spider-Man's world might help Carlie Cooper to some degree as well as Peter Parker on the personal side as their normal routines coincide with his own.

Anyone remember my "How I met your Mother, Carlie" comic strip from a few years back? It referred to the first three years of Carlie, and how I interpreted her character during BND. I stopped reading the book after Harry's Halloween party, just before Big Time. I just couldn't take it after that last panel.

BANNED

Yeah. Peter certainly didn't seem to send mixed signals.

Bitches just be crazy.

Greer has an audience. But lacks a solo series of her own. And Greer's human side has far more to contribute to Spider-Man's world than Carlie Cooper ever could because she is in so many ways like Peter Parker. As Tigra, most of Greer's prior character development was dropped such as her intellectual interests in Microbiology and the use of technology for her crime investigation during her time as The Cat. Unlike Carlie, Greer had enough development to be a supporting cast in the pages of Spider-Man and would serve as an anti-Black Cat character.
    Ok so let me get this straight you want to have tigra who hasn't shown any interest in returning to her police work to go back to her police work because you think her human side has more to offer than Carlie ever will, two problems one why she isn't going to be a love interest because Marvel wont let peter go down that line and two where is the logic you could use Carlie heck if you wanted to you could use any young character and have them join the NYPD.

As for Jennifer Walters, the human side to her character should be the core of her being and not the Sensational She-Hulk 24/7. I see both the She-Hulk and Tigra as action based characters who work best in battle and their human form as being the normal everyday side to their being. There needs to be a half and half with Tigra and the She-Hulk, or otherwise all we get the their super heroine side and not the every woman side. And Peter doesn't need Matt Murdock when Jennifer Walters could takes things to a whole new level away from court cases. Perhaps having both Jennifer and Greer in Spider-Man's world might help Carlie Cooper to some degree as well as Peter Parker on the personal side as their normal routines coincide with his own.
    Except he is closer to Matt, I mean why would he call she hulk when one of his best friends is a lawyer and you have to remember that not every character focuses on maintaining a balance Cap doesn't, Iron Man doesn't guess what neither do Tigra and or She Hulk from what I have seen.
    Truth is the best policy

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd laugh so hard if my joke came true though. But yeah, I could see Carlie playing an Oracle type role I guess if Slott brought her back into the fold.

BANNED

Greer has an audience. But lacks a solo series of her own.
    So? She would be in A-Force. Just because a female character doesn't have their own solo series doesn't mean the default decision should be to move them over to Spider-Man's book.

And Greer's human side has far more to contribute to Spider-Man's world than Carlie Cooper ever could because she is in so many ways like Peter Parker.
    How so? What contributions could Greer make that would vastly outweigh that which people attribute to Carlie? What are the "many ways" in which Greer is like Peter?

As Tigra, most of Greer's prior character development was dropped such as her intellectual interests in Microbiology and the use of technology for her crime investigation during her time as The Cat.
    I googled any mention of her interest in microbiology, and the results only seem to turn up you constantly citing that in speculation. There's a review for a fanfic called "Caught in the Web" talking about it, but that was only previewed on Google, so I didn't look into it, but judging by the language I could see from the review, I can only assume it was you. As such, there is absolutely no basis for discussing microbiology beyond you having to completely make something up to draw a comparison to Peter. Which makes me suspicious of whatever response you give to the above.

Unlike Carlie, Greer had enough development to be a supporting cast in the pages of Spider-Man and would serve as an anti-Black Cat character.
    What a surprise, you have'd Greer act as the anti-Black Cat, since Felicia is the standard you have to make every love interest apply to by homogenizing them. And I'm assuming this includes how Gerry Conway must have brought Greer over to Amazing Spider-Man during his run, thus setting off a hypothetical butterfly effect that would in turn alter the entire history of the franchise as well as other stories such as Secret Invasion, simply to accommodate the romance between Peter and Greer?

As for Jennifer Walters, the human side to her character should be the core of her being and not the Sensational She-Hulk 24/7.
    Except isn't the entire point of Jennifer that she doesn't have to deal with the same Jekyll/Hyde scenario that Bruce does? So the human side to her character is already the core of her being. You're just completely separating her character and portioning whatever you don't like about her and attributing it to her being green.

I see both the She-Hulk and Tigra as action based characters who work best in battle and their human form as being the normal everyday side to their being.
    And yet, you're constantly separating them. You don't treat She-Hulk and Tigra as part of who they are, but completely different people, like they're split personalities that they just succumb to. Bruce would be an obvious comparison for Jennifer, but between her and Greer, their non-human forms are treated like Venom by you. You're asking for their abilities to fight to be taken away so they can be added to "Spider-Man's world". You keep trying to dress it up, but it's just a pretense for the simple desire to want to reduce these characters and make that a catalyst for them being love interests for Peter.

Look, I adore shipping. It's why I'm so devoted to Peter and Mary Jane's relationship. If you truly ship Peter with those characters, that's perfectly fine. I wouldn't fault you for that. Where I disagree is how you insist on removing parts of their character, treating "the" She-Hulk and "the" Tigra as obstacles for the ship. If you wish for Peter to be in a relationship with them, why not consider how Peter could love Jennifer or Greer for all of who they are? It does more harm than good for your position to constantly insist on reducing their characters under the guise of generosity.

There needs to be a half and half with Tigra and the She-Hulk, or otherwise all we get the their super heroine side and not the every woman side.
    I'm not sure about Tigra, but don't we already get enough of the every woman side with Jennifer? With your insistence on reducing "the" She-Hulk, it sounds like, at best, Jennifer would only be "the" She-Hulk 25% of the time.

And Peter doesn't need Matt Murdock when Jennifer Walters could takes things to a whole new level away from court cases.
    As VolcanikTiger pointed out, Matt is one of Peter's best friends. If anything, Peter doesn't "need" Jennifer the same way Peter "needs" Matt. It's just that Peter has reason to rely on Matt during court cases. The only recent story that comes to mind for what would provide Peter motivation to rely on Jennifer would be Mighty Avengers, and even then, that's because SpOck alienated Peter from his friends, so Peter would consult her to make up for SpOck's behavior. However, didn't Slott, who has/had written both Peter and Jennifer for quite a while, make a point about how he couldn't see any reason for them to start a relationship? If anything, his runs with the characters could make one think that he would be one of the first in line to write that relationship, but if even he is passing on it? I think you're out of luck there.

Perhaps having both Jennifer and Greer in Spider-Man's world might help Carlie Cooper to some degree as well as Peter Parker on the personal side as their normal routines coincide with his own.
    Why not focus on building them up in A-Force instead of acting like the only way they could possibly be useful is if they're in Spider-Man's "world"? Why not think about how Carlie can work on her own without needing to have Jennifer and Greer "help" Carlie before you cut out the middlewoman and remove Carlie from the narrative to make way for the Jennifer/Peter/Greer threesome?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Yeah. Peter certainly didn't seem to send mixed signals.

Bitches just be crazy.
    I took it super personally when I read that last panel before Big Time started. Like a lot of people I always identified myself with Peter. Coincidentally, I went from a job in Photography to Teaching the same month as Pete. Then Back to Photography the same month as him. It was funny.

I was really looking forward to BigTime. Then I read that issue and saw Carlie, who hadn't won me over after multiple attempts by the writers to force them together, flip out at Pete in the Halloween store, I said "Wow! Welp, that's the end of her!". If someone had done that to me in public, they wouldn't be in my life for much longer. People like that are toxic. Then to have Peter kiss her at the end of the issue saying "It feels like the rightest thing in the world!" I nearly vomited and have never bought another Amz issue since... I had bought every issue through the clone saga & the Mackie era and OMD and nothing pissed me off more then that one panel.

Astonishing Member

So? She would be in A-Force. Just because a female character doesn't have their own solo series doesn't mean the default decision should be to move them over to Spider-Man's book.

How so? What contributions could Greer make that would vastly outweigh that which people attribute to Carlie? What are the "many ways" in which Greer is like Peter?

I googled any mention of her interest in microbiology, and the results only seem to turn up you constantly citing that in speculation. There's a review for a fanfic called "Caught in the Web" talking about it, but that was only previewed on Google, so I didn't look into it, but judging by the language I could see from the review, I can only assume it was you. As such, there is absolutely no basis for discussing microbiology beyond you having to completely make something up to draw a comparison to Peter. Which makes me suspicious of whatever response you give to the above.

What a surprise, you have'd Greer act as the anti-Black Cat, since Felicia is the standard you have to make every love interest apply to by homogenizing them. And I'm assuming this includes how Gerry Conway must have brought Greer over to Amazing Spider-Man during his run, thus setting off a hypothetical butterfly effect that would in turn alter the entire history of the franchise as well as other stories such as Secret Invasion, simply to accommodate the romance between Peter and Greer?

Except isn't the entire point of Jennifer that she doesn't have to deal with the same Jekyll/Hyde scenario that Bruce does? So the human side to her character is already the core of her being. You're just completely separating her character and portioning whatever you don't like about her and attributing it to her being green.

And yet, you're constantly separating them. You don't treat She-Hulk and Tigra as part of who they are, but completely different people, like they're split personalities that they just succumb to. Bruce would be an obvious comparison for Jennifer, but between her and Greer, their non-human forms are treated like Venom by you. You're asking for their abilities to fight to be taken away so they can be added to "Spider-Man's world". You keep trying to dress it up, but it's just a pretense for the simple desire to want to reduce these characters and make that a catalyst for them being love interests for Peter.

Look, I adore shipping. It's why I'm so devoted to Peter and Mary Jane's relationship. If you truly ship Peter with those characters, that's perfectly fine. I wouldn't fault you for that. Where I disagree is how you insist on removing parts of their character, treating "the" She-Hulk and "the" Tigra as obstacles for the ship. If you wish for Peter to be in a relationship with them, why not consider how Peter could love Jennifer or Greer for all of who they are? It does more harm than good for your position to constantly insist on reducing their characters under the guise of generosity.

I'm not sure about Tigra, but don't we already get enough of the every woman side with Jennifer? With your insistence on reducing "the" She-Hulk, it sounds like, at best, Jennifer would only be "the" She-Hulk 25% of the time.

As VolcanikTiger pointed out, Matt is one of Peter's best friends. If anything, Peter doesn't "need" Jennifer the same way Peter "needs" Matt. It's just that Peter has reason to rely on Matt during court cases. The only recent story that comes to mind for what would provide Peter motivation to rely on Jennifer would be Mighty Avengers, and even then, that's because SpOck alienated Peter from his friends, so Peter would consult her to make up for SpOck's behavior. However, didn't Slott, who has/had written both Peter and Jennifer for quite a while, make a point about how he couldn't see any reason for them to start a relationship? If anything, his runs with the characters could make one think that he would be one of the first in line to write that relationship, but if even he is passing on it? I think you're out of luck there.

Why not focus on building them up in A-Force instead of acting like the only way they could possibly be useful is if they're in Spider-Man's "world"? Why not think about how Carlie can work on her own without needing to have Jennifer and Greer "help" Carlie before you cut out the middlewoman and remove Carlie from the narrative to make way for the Jennifer/Peter/Greer threesome?
    I will say that both Jennifer and Greer can fit into Peter's world quite nicely. Also, Matt resides in California. Second, Dan Slott mentioned that Matt no longer knows that Peter is Spider-Man. In addition, Matt is now a prosecutor while Jennifer could focus her time defending as well as do business legal matters of which Matt does not have time to do. Greer can take on the role of NYPD as well as the revelation that she and Peter are friends.

This has nothing to do with whether or not Dan Slott wants to use either Jennifer or Greer as that is his decision and opinion, as with any other writer. If Hellcat can become a part of Jennifer's social circles, why can't Greer be a part of Peter's social circle? After all, Greer is the female version of Peter Parker. And it's high time that non Spider-Man created characters like Jennifer Walters and Greer Grant become a part of Spider-Man's world because it opens the doors to stories that has yet to be told.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I'm sorry this is going to be rude but wth what part of Peter cant date a heroine is hard to get, he wont be dating Greer Grant because she is a heroine, he wont be dating Jennifer Walters because she is a heroine, he wont be dating Natasha Romanoff because she is a heroine, he wont be dating Carol Danvers because she is a HEROINE
    In my opinion, Spider-Man/Peter Parker can date a heroine as he has done do in the past. The term Heroine is just a label. It's the personality that makes the stories interesting. And they have recently turned Carlie Cooper into a heroine.

BANNED

I will say that both Jennifer and Greer can fit into Peter's world quite nicely.
    Based on what?

Also, Matt resides in California.
    Not anymore.

Second, Dan Slott mentioned that Matt no longer knows that Peter is Spider-Man.
    Oh, right, because of One More Day. So why can't Peter just tell him again? And with the psychic blindspot gone, what's stopping Matt from figuring it out on his own?

In addition, Matt is now a prosecutor while Jennifer could focus her time defending as well as do business legal matters of which Matt does not have time to do.
    Couldn't Matt just help prosecute the criminals that Parker Industries is concerned with? Then again, that gives Matt a bias. But at the same time, that also means Jennifer herself would be biased. Why exactly does Jennifer have more free time than Matt?

Greer can take on the role of NYPD as well as the revelation that she and Peter are friends.
    …………"Revelation"? So, does that mean that they've always been friends, and you're relying on a retcon like that? I'm assuming that the basis for this is, as always, Marvel Team-Up, but isn't that no different than saying that, because Ezekiel and Morlun were featured during JMS's run, we can "reveal" that Cindy was also bitten by the spider?

By the way, isn't Greer still primarily at Avengers Academy? That's in Los Angeles, which is in California. You were opposed to using Matt because of his placement in California. By the exact same logic, shouldn't you be against using Greer, because that too would require moving her from California?

This has nothing to do with whether or not Dan Slott wants to use either Jennifer or Greer as that is his decision and opinion, as with any other writer.
    It does, actually. He's the writer of Amazing Spider-Man, so it stands to reason that he would be involved in portraying Peter's romantic relationships. He's expressed opposition to both of your ships, so it stands to reason that we won't be seeing Peter in a relationship with either of them for a while. Though, again, it comes back to how no one seems to actually persist any interest in those relationships other than you.

If Hellcat can become a part of Jennifer's social circles, why can't Greer be a part of Peter's social circle?
    Bizarre how you don't refer to her as Patsy despite insisting on distinguishing the "superheroic" side from the "everyman". But to answer your question, Jeanine Schaefer had suggested Patsy, and she had served as the editor on books featuring Patsy, so it could be that she just had investment in using Patsy. Taking a scenario like that, it would mean that someone interested in Greer would have to feel like using her in the Spider-Man book.

After all, Greer is the female version of Peter Parker.
    How?

And it's high time that non Spider-Man created characters like Jennifer Walters and Greer Grant become a part of Spider-Man's world because it opens the doors to stories that has yet to be told.
    I could talk about how Carnage slaughtering children opens just as many doors to stories involving the parents trying to avenge their children, with many of the parents dying in the process, while others endure, but become more corrupt in their determination to stop Carnage once and for all, and the rest persist, showing some good still left in this cast of characters, with the stories soon becoming about exploring the dynamics between these parents as conflicts arise among them, forcing them to confront each other and making it so that no one is focusing on Carnage, allowing him to continue slaughtering innocents with fewer people there to oppose him.

And yes, that is a vastly extreme example, one that I would not at all want to see. However, the point is that just because stories could be told doesn't mean they should be told. Sure, you could open the door to explore those stories. But who cares enough to want to see them? Why would anyone care?

In my opinion, Spider-Man/Peter Parker can date a heroine as he has done do in the past. The term Heroine is just a label. It's the personality that makes the stories interesting. And they have recently turned Carlie Cooper into a heroine.
    Right, superheroine is where you disagree, since you go out of your way to insist that anything that justifies a woman becoming a costumed hero should be removed from her narrative.

Astonishing Member

Based on what?

Not anymore.

Oh, right, because of One More Day. So why can't Peter just tell him again? And with the psychic blindspot gone, what's stopping Matt from figuring it out on his own?

Couldn't Matt just help prosecute the criminals that Parker Industries is concerned with? Then again, that gives Matt a bias. But at the same time, that also means Jennifer herself would be biased. Why exactly does Jennifer have more free time than Matt?

…………"Revelation"? So, does that mean that they've always been friends, and you're relying on a retcon like that? I'm assuming that the basis for this is, as always, Marvel Team-Up, but isn't that no different than saying that, because Ezekiel and Morlun were featured during JMS's run, we can "reveal" that Cindy was also bitten by the spider?

By the way, isn't Greer still primarily at Avengers Academy? That's in Los Angeles, which is in California. You were opposed to using Matt because of his placement in California. By the exact same logic, shouldn't you be against using Greer, because that too would require moving her from California?

It does, actually. He's the writer of Amazing Spider-Man, so it stands to reason that he would be involved in portraying Peter's romantic relationships. He's expressed opposition to both of your ships, so it stands to reason that we won't be seeing Peter in a relationship with either of them for a while. Though, again, it comes back to how no one seems to actually persist any interest in those relationships other than you.

Bizarre how you don't refer to her as Patsy despite insisting on distinguishing the "superheroic" side from the "everyman". But to answer your question, Jeanine Schaefer had suggested Patsy, and she had served as the editor on books featuring Patsy, so it could be that she just had investment in using Patsy. Taking a scenario like that, it would mean that someone interested in Greer would have to feel like using her in the Spider-Man book.

How?

I could talk about how Carnage slaughtering children opens just as many doors to stories involving the parents trying to avenge their children, with many of the parents dying in the process, while others endure, but become more corrupt in their determination to stop Carnage once and for all, and the rest persist, showing some good still left in this cast of characters, with the stories soon becoming about exploring the dynamics between these parents as conflicts arise among them, forcing them to confront each other and making it so that no one is focusing on Carnage, allowing him to continue slaughtering innocents with fewer people there to oppose him.

And yes, that is a vastly extreme example, one that I would not at all want to see. However, the point is that just because stories could be told doesn't mean they should be told. Sure, you could open the door to explore those stories. But who cares enough to want to see them? Why would anyone care?

Right, superheroine is where you disagree, since you go out of your way to insist that anything that justifies a woman becoming a costumed hero should be removed from her narrative.
    I will only say that writers come and go and pitch ideas to Marvel all the time. What might not make sense to you or anyone else might get the green light by Marvel if a staff member can convince them otherwise like anyone else. I only talked about the characters. Not the story idea. Never say never because what Slott(or any other ASM writer) will never do, someone else might take a shot at it. What gets ignored by one writer might be picked up by another.

Also, I predict that Slott will be the sole ASM writer for another 10 years at best. He has PLENTY of ASM stories to tell. As long as sales are strong as they are, he gets to stay on the book for however long as he wants to. But there are Spider-Man mini series that other writers can use to tell their Spider-Man adventures. Thus, I feel that we might see Spider-Man and The Black Widow, as well as Spider-Man and Tigra in the not too distant future.

With regards to Jennifer Walters being Peter's Legal Advisor, Jennifer's human persona is quite distinctive from the She-Hulk persona as she's good with Financial Law and Intellectual Property Law, which would bore The Sensational She-Hulk to death because it doesn't involve criminal cases which holds her interest. This is the side to Jennifer that could fit in well in Peter's social circles because she could help him out in this regard at a very fair billing rate. In exchange, Peter helps her out on her adventures as The She-Hulk. Afterall, Jennifer's human persona is very good with reading financial statements and intellectual patents.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-14-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Ok, I take back what I said.

I hope Carlie does come back as Monster . . . and kills She-Hulk and Tigra.