Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjonator View Post
    The 616 "ship" was destroyed. End of Secret Wars #1.
    Yes, and Nightcrawler died, yet when resurrected is still called Nightcrawler. My previous statement is obviously predicated on the assumption that the MU would be essentially the same universe as 616 restored. It has been demonstrated that most, if not all, of the 616 storylines pick up where they left off, and there are only a handful of stray elements from other universes such as Miles Morales and Old Man Logan, which is not a new phenomenon. Of course, if it turns out to be truly an entirely different universe or true amalgamation of different universes, then that's a different story. My response regarded only the fact that you stated it wouldn't make sense to call it 616 if it was the only universe left, which is different than if you had said it wouldn't make sense to call it 616 since it's a unique and different universe from what we now call 616.

Even if the end of Secret Wars leaves us all with one and only one universe, does anyone really believe that's going to hold? There's going to be alternate universes popping up or someone's going to change history and someone else is going to fix it causing some offshoot. Marvel's had to have considered a What If for SW already. They're superhero books, that's what they do.

If Marvel wants SW to be something more than just another basic story, then they need to retire the numbers 616 and 1610. If a designation is ever used again, find something that reflects SW, 1510 maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Even if the end of Secret Wars leaves us all with one and only one universe, does anyone really believe that's going to hold? There's going to be alternate universes popping up or someone's going to change history and someone else is going to fix it causing some offshoot. Marvel's had to have considered a What If for SW already. They're superhero books, that's what they do.

If Marvel wants SW to be something more than just another basic story, then they need to retire the numbers 616 and 1610. If a designation is ever used again, find something that reflects SW, 1510 maybe.
    I mean they have already announced that Spider-Gwen will be in her own universe after secret wars. So they are pretty much already saying that the whole "1 universe to rule them all blah blah blah" bullcrap is essentially that... Bullcrap.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

"616" has been put to bed, probably "forever."

It will just be called "Earth," because there will only be one in mainstream continuity... until they happen upon Earth-Gwen.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

The Web Warriors comic revolves around the team helping Earths without a Spider-Man. There'll be a multiverse again.

And wasn't the 616 number supposed to be a reference to a Mark of the Beast theory?
    Last edited by cyberhubbs; 08-03-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Serious question, since I haven't heard anything about this. Will they still call it "Earth-616"? Or will it be renumbered as "Earth-0" or something? Maybe simply "New Earth"?
    They didn't name it 616 the fans did and it caught on. So expect the fans to name it and Marvel to usurp it.

616-2.0, because Marvel's essentially continuing where it left off once SW ends and everything gets restored.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    616-2.0, because Marvel's essentially continuing where it left off once SW ends and everything gets restored.
    It's a long drawn out Convergence.

Earth 664?

It's been confirmed multiple times over by Spider-Gwen, Web Warriors, and Contest of Champions that the Multiverse will still exist in some capacity once Battleworld is gone. There's really no reason it wouldn't still be Earth-616.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's been confirmed multiple times over by Spider-Gwen, Web Warriors, and Contest of Champions that the Multiverse will still exist in some capacity once Battleworld is gone. There's really no reason it wouldn't still be Earth-616.
    I agree these books show that its still just the same old Earth 616
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

comics aren't just f kids

While 666 is called the "number of the beast" in most manuscripts of Revelation 13:18, a fragment of the papyrus 115 gives the number as 616.... It's a theory. But it still means bo-diddley squat really, as there is STILL going to be multiple universes kicking about, it's Marvel fer Pete's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    They didn't name it 616 the fans did and it caught on.
    No, Alan Moore came up with that name and it caught on. And he was taking the piss, as he himself would say.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Doesn't really matter except in books that involve other universes, So I don't expect to see it much outside of Spider-Verse and Contest of Champions. maybe a little in Spider-Gwen, Ultimates and New Avengers.