Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Action comics #32 Preview

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...tion-comics-32

Lot of stuff going on in this. Feels like it's gonna be another great issue by Pak. Dude who's on art isn't Kuder but still really nice art with GREAT coloring.

That art is pretty cool.

Hey, I forget, what does Lana do for a living these days?

(I told you I'm going to ram this joke down all your throats... )

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

Well...this is only the third time since the event started xD
    And this time she said it to Diana, who maybe didn't know it yet, and it kind of had a reason xD

Anyway, liked this preview, looking forward to wednesday!
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Isn't she an electrical engineer?

The art is pretty good. It's definitely not Kuder and Quintana. (Now, that guy's colors are amazing.) Kolins seems to be a good choice as a stand-in for Kuder, but just as I was warming up to his art... WHAM! Boobs.

So, uh, is Wonder Woman ever going to do something about the glowing eyes information she received from the solider about Lois way back in SM/WW, or is she just going to let the problem fester and Lois do whatever until it's too late? I understand she's dealing with what probably seems to her a bigger problem and with the man she's dating no less, but dragging out this plot point is starting to really damage Wonder Woman's character and in ways that seem less the result of creator intentions and more the result of sloppiness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    So, uh, is Wonder Woman ever going to do something about the glowing eyes information she received from the solider about Lois way back in SM/WW, or is she just going to let the problem fester and Lois do whatever until it's too late? I understand she's dealing with what probably seems to her a bigger problem and with the man she's dating no less, but dragging out this plot point is starting to really damage Wonder Woman's character and in ways that seem less the result of creator intentions and more the result of sloppiness.
    at the very least pak or soules should have her acknowledge it but at this point it's too little too late.

Amazing Member

Looks like another great issue.

Loved Diana and Lana confirming they are are united in their support of Superman. And Diana knows Lana. Cool. Sadly, I've missed some issues. How does Diana "know" Lana?

Perry and Jimmy being totally shocked by Superman and Lois's behavior was a nice touch as well .

Quote Originally Posted by dianalela7 View Post
    Looks like another great issue.

Loved Diana and Lana confirming they are are united in their support of Superman. And Diana knows Lana. Cool. Sadly, I've missed some issues. How does Diana "know" Lana?

Perry and Jimmy being totally shocked by Superman and Lois's behavior was a nice touch as well .
    I just assumed WW knows of Lana because Supes talked about her at some point.

There was a scene in post-Crisis in the Loeb/McGuinness days (I think) when WW met Lana and Lana was surprised that WW knew who she was.

Amazing Member

I just assumed WW knows of Lana because Supes talked about her at some point.

There was a scene in post-Crisis in the Loeb/McGuinness days (I think) when WW met Lana and Lana was surprised that WW knew who she was.
    I'll take that. Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by dianalela7 View Post
    Missing issues isn't the issue here, because there hasn't been any on panel moment establishing that Superman's told Diana about Lana. We just have to assume that at some point, the topic came up. So I don't know if it's so much that Diana knows Lana than she knows of her, because even in Pak's previous issue Lana didn't seem aware that Wonder Woman and Superman were even dating (must have been living under a rock to miss all the news about it, but whatever).

No where in the panels does it imply that Perry and Jimmy are shocked at Lois' behavior. Video footage of Superman losing it is shown at the press conference for Jimmy, Perry, and the world to see. Referring to those actions, Lois says that this is not the Superman we know which is an accurate statement considering how the Doomsday virus is corrupting him. Then Jimmy's the only one who voices any reaction saying, "Superman's not like that! He wouldn't. Aw, man." Not once do Perry and Jimmy react in shock to Lois' behavior. Also, for the record, Lois is only doing what Superman asked her to do. In Superman #31, which came out last week, Superman explicitly tells Lois he can't be trusted and that he wants her to tell the world that fact as a precaution:

When Superman tells Lois that he can't be trusted, Lois responds that "No one will believe that, Superman." Well, Jimmy's reaction affirms Lois' suspicions. Lois, for her part, says "I won't believe you can't get better." But Superman, concerned for the world and mistrusting himself in his condition, insists, "Warn them. Can you do that for me, Lois?" So, Lois also believes in Superman and -- believes he can come through this -- but she also trusts him enough to do as he asks, which is to warn people that he isn't trustworthy.

I guess I'm kind of confused about what Pak is doing here. Superman believes he can't be trusted, so if one trusts Superman then do you believe (a) that his lack of faith in himself is wrong and that he can be trusted? Or (b) that because you have faith in him, you should trust that when he tells you he's not to be trusted and people should be warned that he's right and thus follow through on his wishes?
    Last edited by misslane; 06-02-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Missing issues isn't the issue here, because there hasn't been any on panel moment establishing that Superman's told Diana about Lana. We just have to assume that at some point, the topic came up. So I don't know if it's so much that Diana knows Lana than she knows of her, because even in Pak's previous issue Lana didn't seem aware that Wonder Woman and Superman were even dating (must have been living under a rock to miss all the news about it, but whatever).

No where in the panels does it imply that Perry and Jimmy are shocked at Lois' behavior. Video footage of Superman losing it is shown at the press conference for Jimmy, Perry, and the world to see. Referring to those actions, Lois says that this is not the Superman we know which is an accurate statement considering how the Doomsday virus is corrupting him. Then Jimmy's the only one who voices any reaction saying, "Superman's not like that! He wouldn't. Aw, man." Not once do Perry and Jimmy react in shock to Lois' behavior. Also, for the record, Lois is only doing what Superman asked her to do. In Superman #31, which came out last week, Superman explicitly tells Lois he can't be trusted and that he wants her to tell the world that fact as a precaution:

When Superman tells Lois that he can't be trusted, Lois responds that "No one will believe that, Superman." Well, Jimmy's reaction affirms Lois' suspicions. Lois, for her part, says "I won't believe you can't get better." But Superman, concerned for the world and mistrusting himself in his condition, insists, "Warn them. Can you do that for me, Lois?" So, Lois also believes in Superman and -- believes he can come through this -- but she also trusts him enough to do as he asks, which is to warn people that he isn't trustworthy.

I guess I'm kind of confused about what Pak is doing here. Superman believes he can't be trusted, so if one trusts Superman then do you believe (a) that his lack of faith in himself is wrong and that he can be trusted? Or (b) that because you have faith in him, you should trust that when he tells you he's not to be trusted and people should be warned that he's right and thus follow through on his wishes?
    Actually, Lana's answer to Lois explaining to her that Superman and Wonder Woman were dating sounded very much like sarcasm , so I think she did know.
    As for the events of this preview, I'd say they actually didn't know each other, but that they quickly figure out who they were to Clark (and yeah, I suppose Clark mentioned at some his ex from high school. Maybe they were talking about something else and the subject came up).
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

pretty hard to answer when there is no absolute right answer. One thing is right: Superman can't be trusted, he is not himself. He needs to be far away living things while the cure is not found.
    declare Superman enemy of the state is a little over the top, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Actually, Lana's answer to Lois explaining to her that Superman and Wonder Woman were dating sounded very much like sarcasm , so I think she did know.
    I guess I thought that if Lana had known, the subject would have come up sometime in Pak's run when she and Clark spent so much time together. When her only response is "Got it, thanks," and then a kind of wistful reflection about how her Clark is with the "eagles" now (or something like that), it felt more like Pak's take on Lana's reaction to Superman and Wonder Woman being a couple. In any event, Pak left it kind of ambiguous as to who knows what about who.