Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Oooo, nice. Hadn't thought of that.

That would be right before both of them inexplicably shout 'Saren!', I expect.

I got really tired of that. :)
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-05-2015 at 05:57 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well put.
    Thank you.

Oooo, nice. Hadn't thought of that.

That would be right before both of them inexplicably shout 'Saren!', I expect.

I got really tired of that.
    Funny, you mentioned this before, but I don't recall Anderson ever actually shouting Saren's name.

He spends an inordinate amount of time saying various versions of 'It's Saren's fault!'

Like, to everything in the first game.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

He spends an inordinate amount of time saying various versions of 'It's Saren's fault!'

To be fair, every instance I recall is Saren's fault.

Astonishing Member

Well, he wasn't wrong...

Wat

^_^

*limit dance*
    I find posts like this that point out how incorrect a statement is and then leave it at pointing out how incorrect a statement is instead of providing any information about what would be a more accurate and not incorrect statement to be kinda similar to when you write someone a thoughtful text and they respond with "k."

Also, I'm only a bit into this several page long thread and I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone brings up the Paragon interrupt amidst all this Renegade stuffs.

Let's find out.

Edit~
    They sure did. And by Sharpe no less. I suppose that's why I was cantankerous about the original "k" posts. Sharpe's posts are fun to read. Back to catching up to the stuff going on.
    Last edited by The Transient Guest; 08-09-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    I find posts like this that point out how incorrect a statement is and then leave it at pointing out how incorrect a statement is instead of providing any information about what would be a more accurate and not incorrect statement to be kinda similar to when you write someone a thoughtful text and they respond with "k."
    Okay......^_^
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Well this has just been a delight to read up on. I hate you post. Keep up the good work.

Somethings though.

I've never seen the "lock up" scene for Chief tanking the atmosphere fall. I suppose in my imagination I'm seeing the suit do like the Batmobile from the old Batman movies did and having armored plates slide out of it encasing it in a shell of protection. But I don't think it's that neat. Nobody has ever described the feat as anything other than "his armor locks up to protect him" and the occasional follow up mentioning he wasn't hurt afterwards.

I bet it's just the armor locking all it's joints and such. Which is weird because relax body is what I thought saved you. Like why drunks don't get hurt in car wrecks.

The whole idea about the Chief and company joining the Shepard Company is indeed a fine piece of fiction to consider.

Can MC use the shield thing dome construct? I really only ever played Halo pvp over at friend's homes, playstation fan here, so I'm rather limited on what MC can do beyond the feats described around here. Not here, here. On the forum in general here. There. I think.

How would gameplay MC do if high end biotic Shepard started throwing the stuff his way and MC decided to stand there to show off to Liara because "blue chicks are hot" letting his shields and armor tank the multiple singularities. Would that make them multiplarities then?
    I need to play MC 3.

And Post I do want to point out you and I are technically dating now.

Edit~ I feel so weird having 87 posts. I used to have, like, at least 100 of those things. It's like I'm living a ME game and I've just started out. I'll die in a cutscene soon.

And I'll get rezzed with new parts.

Neat.

I might also be a new gender.

......I'm gonna go with neat again.
    Last edited by The Transient Guest; 08-09-2015 at 11:20 PM.

Basically, Chief's two primary durability feats are game play feats. The first atmosphere drop is him digging a massive trench with his head, and the suit locking up to prevent the gel inside the suit from taking any more damage (it's got dings and cuts, that's it). Second feat involves much the same, but he lands head first, and parts of a space ship fall on him. His new armor doesn't lock up.

Shepard can't exactly hurt the guy, is the problem. Without the speed advantage though, keep can get lucky a few times outta ten.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

I would say the atmospheric reentry feats are SMvFL. MC can be killed by each and every weapon in the game, which means he should be able to be killed by the weapons in Mass Effect as well. I don't think the books had him as immune to UNSC or Covenant hand weapons, though it has been a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I would say the atmospheric reentry feats are SMvFL. MC can be killed by each and every weapon in the game, which means he should be able to be killed by the weapons in Mass Effect as well. I don't think the books had him as immune to UNSC or Covenant hand weapons, though it has been a while.
    Yeah...
    You walk away from re-entry without a scratch, then any weapon that can actually damage you is going to hit with the power of a bunch of really big nukes to the face. And turn the entire battle arena in a city-sized crater, whether they hit you or a wall.

I wouldn't say so.
    I'm not familiar with HALO technology, but maybe the weapons are specifically designed to penetrate such armour.

Kind of like Wonder Woman and sharp objects.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    The same argument can be made for just about any video game.

Put it this way. You can be killed by normal weapons, and also casually flip a tank and something that weighs 450,000 pounds. Etc, etc. In Asia's Wrath you can, in game, punch out Chakravatan (sp?) but lose to random mons.

Anything can be PIS or SMvFL if you really, really want it to be.

Bookwise, he largely ignores the covenant weapons shrugs off blows from their space craft known for glossing planets, soaks hits from Hunter canons, etc. Only time he was ever in 'trouble' was when his shields finally break, which generally took a considerable amount of sustained fire. Or being sat on and hammered on by a Brute. Which even then, didn't drain it completely.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    It's a post regarding something I found amusing that doesn't actually have much to do with the fight. But again, not having to really do with the fight, so.

:)

Glad to hear my posts continue to amuse. In general.
    Why are we here?

Spectacular Member

Wait, when did Shepard have bullet timing speed? Adrenaline rush doesn't quite double her speed. Sure, the visible bullets are moving slower, but they were already moving visibly, so that's not new.

The Mass Effect guns, despite their high tech descriptions, have only ever been shown to hit like modern day guns, so I'm loathe to consider them dramatically stronger than UNSC guns. Yes, they can fire through walls... When specifically specced out that way. Penetration is otherwise as miserable as any other video game gun. The bizarrely common slow moving tracer rounds seem to be a gameplay thing, as guns don't fire visible bullets in cutscenes.

Interestingly, Spartans seem to be weaker in gameplay than cutscenes while Shep has the opposite. At the very least, gameplay nerfs biotics by quite a lot. Armor and shields don't have any effect on biotic crowd control outside of gameplay. It comes from the game play rework from the second game, and was not reflected by the lore or the cutscenes, as we see people get thrown across rooms by biotics while they still have their armor intact.

On the flip side, cutscene biotics are quite survivable, visible, and should be dodgeable. Or the least, they aren't guaranteed to hit a person.

Their forcefields work somewhat differently. Mass Effect kinetic barriers can't stop energy attacks, and don't stop slow moving objects like air or people, which gets abused in close combat. Chief's does, but he can touche things because he moves his shield away from his hands and feet. I can't remember whether or not Halo forcefields are vulnerable to electromagnetic attacks like Mass Effect forcefields.

Hmmn. Does Master Chief get the Halo 5 armor? It's... Kinda crazy.

I don't like the chances of any one version of Shepard against John. Even the Vanguard would depend on stunlocking John with Biotic Charges and Novas, but I'm not sure how well the i-frames translate from gameplay, and I think a Spartan's assassination attack would count as an execution. However, the Shep does prefer to travel with a posse...

So, how about two matches: The three pure classes against John, then the three mixed classes.