Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: John Flood, #1

What's to Love: Justin Jordan exploded onto the comics scene just four short years ago with The Strange Talent of Luther Strode and caught everyone by surprise. Now he brings us John Flood, a series that combines the metaphysical with the procedural in a way we think is really fresh. Joining him is Jorge Coelho, whose fantastic work on Polarity and Sleepy Hollow made him a BOOM! favorite. Perfect for fans of Desolation Jones and Sherlock Holmes.
    What It Is: As the result of a government experiment, John Flood no longer needs to sleep, but now he's in a constant dream state and sometimes can't tell what's real and what isn't. A side effect is that he sees patterns and makes connections no one else can, which serve him well in his new "career" as a makeshift PI. Together with a burly ex-cop, Flood begins to investigate when he "sees" one man responsible for thousands of unsolved murders, but now he himself has caught the killer's attention...

Full article here.

This looks pretty good. Anybody know how many issues it's supposed to go?

All-New Member

Six issues.

This book was awesome. I love the concept behind the main character, he is essentially in a constant state of psychedelia? Even if he isn't "tripping", he is one trippy fellow. His personality comes off like a mix between Hannibal's Will Graham and Doctor Who. The killer is pretty creepy, too. I, for one, am real curious as to what Alex's viral video fame stems from. It sounds like the thing he was charged with was something major.

It's on my pull list waiting for my at my LCS. Looking forward to reading it.