Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Oya and Genesis Join the All-New X-Men Relaunch

So, apparently someone informed Marvel that just because you bring in younger versions of characters that have been around for literally decades doesn't really count as "new". So now we are going to have two (relatively speaking) new X-Men joining the team, Evan Sabahnur a.k.a. Genesis and Idie Okonkwo a.k.a. Oya.

Granted, I still want the original five to just leave already but I guess having three relatively new X-Men is a good counter-balance and hey! It's two characters I like so that's a plus!

Link: http://comicbook.com/2015/08/03/excl...embers/#Image1
    Last edited by Knight of DC; 08-03-2015 at 01:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    So, apparently someone informed Marvel that just because you bring in younger versions of characters that have been around for literally decades doesn't really count as "new". So now we are going to have two (relatively speaking) new X-Men joining the team, Evan Sabahnur a.k.a. Genesis and Idie Okonkwo a.k.a. Oya.

Granted, I still want the original five to just leave already but I guess having three relatively new X-Men is a good counter-balance and hey! It's two characters I like so that's a plus!

Link: http://comicbook.com/2015/08/03/excl...embers/#Image1
    There was no way I was going to pick up this book, now I am interested.

Oya and Genesis, two characters i don't like on a team i like.
    damn Marvel your really making think twice about this book.
    i already don't like the way Cyclops looks and Jean is gone.
    But we got Wolverine (x-23) and Angel with cosmic powers
    i need more info
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

I'm ok with this honestly, I actually find it interesting that a team of the original x-men will now have a teenaged version of Apocalypse on it. Given that this version of the team never interacted with him, that might make for some really good stories.

As for Oya, I'm glad that she's going to be in other series after Wolverine and the X-men.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I love it. Definitely adds something more to the mix, throwing Genesis and Oya into the mix. Both those characters kind of fell to the wayside after the events of AXIS. They're both young characters with plenty of potential. I think All-New X-men is a good avenue for them to grow. They get to work with the O5 X-men and a new Wolverine in X-23. I think this will help make All-New X-men even more interesting.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

subtle attempt to shame fox by adding a baby version of apocalypse to their ANXM roster?

This already makes the series 100% times better.
    But I'm wondering about Oya's look. She looks more like her W&txm version, which I didn't like much.

Genesis was always under-developed bc Remender long-time plans for him. I wonder what they gonna do with him now that Remender is gone.

Am I mistaken or is this the first team without any psy mutant ?

Don't know if I'll read this one, but I'm loving the cover that makes the poster images of the adult X-Men all look fairly old and bitter.

Spectacular Member

I honestly had no idea who these mutants were when I saw the title, and then I saw the picture and was like, oh it's Kid Apocalypse and Idie. I feel like I never recall seeing these code names used.

how the heck did we go from stuart immonen and mahmud asrar to this? was rob liefield not available?

This is actually pretty interesting, Genesis fits in well with the screw destiny theme of the book.

Not my top 5 choices to join the team but it adds something to the book for sure.

Glad to see more of the kids are popping up here and there.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Evan might make me get onboard this stupid traveling mini van. I lost interest in Idie after Aaron, but props for a Light making into a Post SW world.