Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Where are all those people that were complaining that the X-Books were too lacking in diversity?

Nice to see the cast spiced up. I'm slightly more excited about this... but tend to agree the 05 needs to head home. I think this team is missing some Quentin Quire. I actually kinda like the Cyclops uniform.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    So she's like iceman and torch combined, not a fan of her but she adds diversity considering the O6 were a white ppl team
    She could team up with Equinox.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    I find it strange Quentin is no where to be seen since Marvel clearly loves him.
    I think those writers are off the books. Quentin did seem like "the x-kid" for a moment there.

BANNED

They should have used some of the NXM. Especially Hellion (three-way battle for X's affections!) and either Dust or Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I think those writers are off the books. Quentin did seem like "the x-kid" for a moment there.
    I think it is moreso that those editors are off the books. They did, after all, green light an event and two series heavily featuring the character.

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    Where are all those people that were complaining that the X-Books were too lacking in diversity?
    Still here, waiting patiently for more than two black characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Nice to see the cast spiced up. I'm slightly more excited about this... but tend to agree the 05 needs to head home. I think this team is missing some Quentin Quire. I actually kinda like the Cyclops uniform.
    What's your issue with the O5? On my part I think the cast of watxm needs to stay in limbo, specifically QQ, and they gotta bring Kyost new x men
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    They should have used some of the NXM. Especially Hellion (three-way battle for X's affections!) and either Dust or Mercury.
    Three way battle? I say no to love triangles, but I'm all up for having Julian, mercury and surge
    Last edited by somacula; 08-03-2015 at 03:47 PM.

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but:

the time-displaced O5 are conceptually a messy, DC-esque needlessly convoluted exercise to prove a very weakly explored point and the O5 in real-time--apart from recent years Cyclops--are some of the blandest characters in all of X-Men lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    I think it is moreso that those editors are off the books. They did, after all, green light an event and two series heavily featuring the character.
    I assume the writer got to pick who they wanted to use and editors put their two cents in if it's a go or no.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Marvel thought so too and forced him down our throats too much and thus were meh to him now

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The team is lacking a member with psychic powers...hmm....but if his sole purpose is being the third wheel to Lauren i'll pass. Though if Laura decides she wants a male harem...i would find that hilarious enough to read.

Though I think Julian and Scott could be bros. I could see them getting drunk and complaing about how much of a dick Scott becomes. Just guys being bros lol
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    Still here, waiting patiently for more than two black characters.
    Just so it's clear, we do recognize that black people aren't the only minority, right?

As far as racial diversity goes we have:
    Storm
    Oya
    Forge
    Psylocke
    Genesis
    Maybe Nightcrawler
    and then there are characters still to be revealed for Uncanny and Extraordinary. In total, we have (as we know right now) 19 characters in total. That is a 12:7 ratio. It isn't perfect, but it's nowhere near bad.

When you add in other minorities like Mystique and Iceman, it becomes a 10:9 both ways depending on if you count Iceman twice.

What's your issue with the O5? On my part I think the cast of watxm needs to stay in limbo, specifically QQ, and they gotta bring Kyost new x men

Three way battle? I say no to love triangles, but I'm all up for having Julian, mercury and surge
    I find them generic as a team on top of the fact we have older versions running around anyways. Story wise its interesting for like an issue. I get why they did it since they had issues/still having issues creating popular New Mutant type characters but its essentially the same as seeing Wolverine everywhere. I didn't find X-Men interesting till the All-New All-Different team. I think mixing in the other kids is a smart move. I personally like Quentin and think he would be a good fit for this cast, especially with Jean gone. But I agree some of the CK/CY X-Men should be in there too.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I don't get why Oya is on the team as they have already Teen Iceman (two people with ice powers?) Yeah Idie can also control heat, but c'mon that's a watsed spot that could be filled by a more useful and more interesting character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I don't get why Oya is on the team as they have already Teen Iceman (two people with ice powers?) Yeah Idie can also control heat, but c'mon that's a watsed spot that could be filled by a more useful and more interesting character
    She fills the diversity quota, ANXM was a top selling white ppl club so they have to diversify to appeal to a wider audience

She fills the diversity quota, ANXM was a top selling white ppl club so they have to diversify to appeal to a wider audience
    They could have added any other character to fill the diversity quota:

Dust for example who adds an awesome power set and a nice personality plus that she is one of Laura's BF.
    Bling! could also have filled that quota and she is more interesting than Oya.
    Cipher (Alisa Tager) she has a misterious background that can be a great potential.
    Surge could also be interesting to add.
    Geez, even Shark-gril, Sprite and Nature Girl can also fill the diversity quota and are far more interesting that Idie, alias the extremely emo version of Wolfsbane!!!