Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think that this will become a consistent monthly series starting soon. It's the only way to stop it from taking thirty years to get up to 1994.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by horror-of-sorts View Post
    I think that this will become a consistent monthly series starting soon. It's the only way to stop it from taking thirty years to get up to 1994.
    Perhaps this will be the third BPRD story cycle? It does seem like things are close to wrapping up in BPRD Hell on Earth, so maybe this will be the new "flagship" book.

This was such a fun issue! Hellboy in Hell is fantastic, but my favorites are always the one-shot, short little adventures.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by horror-of-sorts View Post
    I would love to see this series go monthly.

The Claw of Justice!

Great interview! I love seeing process stuff like that, and the dialogue on the first page of The Witch Tree was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    Great interview! I love seeing process stuff like that, and the dialogue on the first page of The Witch Tree was funny.
    The Witch Tree is fantastic. I wish I could show more of the process, but they want to keep that stuff for the trade paperback.
    Last edited by middenway; 10-29-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, what an awesome issue, it really captured that early Hellboy feel.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I would love to see this series go monthly.
    I mainly feel glad about how much I can like or anticipate certain comics, whether they'd be monthlies, or mini series, or whatever really.

I think a great deal of stuff I like basically wouldn't qualify as "monthlies" all that much, from Moebius or Hergι, or Darrow, to Robert Crumb or anything in between.

I don't think monthlies necessarily offer better anticipation or development and intricacy or any such. At all. But that might be just my own perception of course...
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriι / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    I mainly feel glad about how much I can like or anticipate certain comics, whether they'd be monthlies, or mini series, or whatever really.

I think a great deal of stuff I like basically wouldn't qualify as "monthlies" all that much, from Moebius or Hergι, or Darrow, to Robert Crumb or anything in between.

I don't think monthlies necessarily offer better anticipation or development and intricacy or any such. At all. But that might be just my own perception of course...
    It has more to do with my impatience for the next story (I really am enjoying this series.)

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    It has more to do with my impatience for the next story (I really am enjoying this series.)
    Ahh, now that I can totally understand - I mean, anything as good as for instance the Ben Stenbeck stuff as in the swell interview you produced, is just show-stoppingly good. That probably isn't a word, but I hope you get the idea :-].

I don't know much and everybody can say what they want of course, but frequency both as the sheer intricacy and quality to these Mignolaverse-books - well - I've never seen anything like it.
    The Hellboy In Hell next to all the various Mignola-involving stuff as offering such intense and diverse story matter just sets a whole new standard of its own, thanks to likely any creatives as involved as they'd be!
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriι / Dr. Pepper

Incredible Member

I was a little surprised to see the Kelpie brought back the whole body and not just the liver. He's not such a bad monster after all.
    Sounds perfect.

Fantastic Member

I've bought four copies of this issue so far, and gifted them to various friends. Perfect introduction to the world of Hellboy.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    I've bought four copies of this issue so far, and gifted them to various friends. Perfect introduction to the world of Hellboy.
    It's definitely a great primer, it has everything there is to love about a Hellboy book.