Thread: Wolverine

Default Wolverine

Why do people on the cbr forums hate him? Is it because he is the star of the movies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Why do people on the cbr forums hate him?
    I have the same question

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Appears in about half of the comics (which I could really care less for, but I have seen that is a reason for some people), and his character is pretty hypocritical at times. Those are the big two I know off. That and his healing factor's variability, from "huh?" to "Come on!!"
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Why do people on the cbr forums hate him? Is it because he is the star of the movies?
    even putting aside the many character flaws he has (and how they tend to be glossed over too much), most tend to dislike how ludicrously overused the character is.
    the X-men is a TEAM based franchise, and having one character (and not a particularly interesting one at that) hogging so much screen/page time is annoying.

His healing factor was boosted when he was a horseman. I agree that he is over used but so is batman and superman. When I go to the batman or superman threads people do not complain about them bein used so much.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

His healing factor was boosted when he was a horseman. I agree that he is over used but so is batman and superman. When I go to the batman or superman threads people do not complain about them bein used so much.
    Then you have to add that Batman and Superman are massive Icons, one a rigid anti-hero who doesn't play around and the other a Golden Boy. Wolverine is neither. That and the fact they aren't hogging spotlight because they have no team. They joined the JLA, they didn't spin-off of it like Wolverine did from the X-men. (well, Alpha flight, but you get the point)
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Well Batman is a juggernaut when it comes to sells. Supes is kinda stagnet, injustice does well, but I think Unchained sells the best. I donno how Wolverine does sells wise.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Well, i like movie!wolverine; who i hate is 616 comics!wolverine, who is basically a huge hypocrite.

BANNED

My problem with Wolverine is he is a hypocrite and he is supposed to be a killer but he keeps keeping other people in the X-Men from killing characters I hate. He saved Donald Pierce by keeping Rockslide from killing him, and he stabbed Rachel in the heart to keep her from killing Selene who is a murderous bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Are you a fan of Scott?
    Then you have a biased opinion.
    And wouldn't have a fan of Wolverine have the same thing?

Really the reason for the hate was already pointed out by Mr. Brightside and it wasn't a rude post at all. Logan has become quite the hypocrite and it's quite easy to tell that Marvel has no idea what to do with him other than kill him for the sales boost.
    Last edited by Mahes; 06-02-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: clarity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i like movie!wolverine; who i hate is 616 comics!wolverine, who is basically a huge hypocrite.
    How did Wolverine become so popular?