Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Uncanny X-Men, #21

• The Cyclops Revolution marches on!
    • Who is the mysterious figure building Sentinels for SHIELD?
    • Find out what happened to Dazzler since Mystique took her down back in UNCANNY X-MEN #9!

Full article here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    • The Cyclops Revolution marches on!
    • Who is the mysterious figure building Sentinels for SHIELD?
    • Find out what happened to Dazzler since Mystique took her down back in UNCANNY X-MEN #9!

Full article here.
    Storm needs to knock those two out before they destroy the school. Storm may not like Scott right now but she is doing the right thing in trying to subdue them.

o

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Storm needs to knock those two out before they destroy the school. Storm may not like Scott right now but she is doing the right thing in trying to subdue them.

o
    Who is BUBBLEHEAD?!!!!! And how is he controlling Scott and Magik?!

I am really sick of all the sanctimonious people at the JGS. I mean, just given the number of times that Wolverine has had his mind messed with or been taken over alone, you'd think they'd have cut Scott some slack and realize that he'd never have killed Charles had he not been possessed by Dark Phoenix at the time. Particularly the last time it happened when a freaking demon took over Logan's body, and Scott ignored everyone and did everything he could to save him instead of killing him. But noooo... -smh-

I am really hoping Charles left the property to Scott in the upcoming last will issue, just so he can serve all these false friends with eviction papers and kick their butts out to the street.

Quote Originally Posted by the Dagman View Post
    I am really sick of all the sanctimonious people at the JGS. I mean, just given the number of times that Wolverine has had his mind messed with or been taken over alone, you'd think they'd have cut Scott some slack and realize that he'd never have killed Charles had he not been possessed by Dark Phoenix at the time. Particularly the last time it happened when a freaking demon took over Logan's body, and Scott ignored everyone and did everything he could to save him instead of killing him. But noooo... -smh-

I am really hoping Charles left the property to Scott in the upcoming last will issue, just so he can serve all these false friends with eviction papers and kick their butts out to the street.
    And that's the point: Scott wouldn't kick them out. Wolvie would on the spot, but Scott wouldn't. He'd probably just tell them it's his nao and leave to the one he started.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    And that's the point: Scott wouldn't kick them out. Wolvie would on the spot, but Scott wouldn't. He'd probably just tell them it's his nao and leave to the one he started.
    You're right. Scott is the bigger man, and he'd leave the Jean Grey School as it is. But even that would likely get under Wolverine's skin. Scott will never win with him, simply for the fact that Jean married Scott and not him. Logan is a pathetic little man. And I am not referring to his height.

You're right. Scott is the bigger man, and he'd leave the Jean Grey School as it is. But even that would likely get under Wolverine's skin. Scott will never win with him, simply for the fact that Jean married Scott and not him. Logan is a pathetic little man. And I am not referring to his height.
    Cool on that last sentence (I've always wanted to cosplay Scott, but I am literally Logan height XD)

You know, speaking about Scott as the bigger man, I think the problem with his powers is due to the guilt he feels for what happened when he was possessed by the Phoenix. It's all psychosomatic. The same for Emma, Peter, Illyana, and Magneto. They all feel that they should have been able to fend off that possession, even though they could not ever have given the circumstances. But they don't accept that. It is a type of survivors guilt. That's why Namor has not had a similar thing happen to him. His ego and his time as King of Atlantis doesn't allow him to feel that kind of guilt. Magneto has the same problem as Scott because he thought he could have stopped it, even though he was not a part of the P5.
    Last edited by the Dagman; 05-15-2014 at 10:53 PM.

o
    Right. Beast just got blasted in the previous issue and now the out of control powers poses a threat to the JGS, and Ororo needs to protect the school, the staff, and the students.

You know, speaking about Scott as the bigger man, I think the problem with his powers is due to the guilt he feels for what happened when he was possessed by the Phoenix. It's all psychosomatic. The same for Emma, Peter, Illyana, and Magneto. They all feel that they should have been able to fend off that possession, even though they could not ever have given the circumstances. But they don't accept that. It is a type of survivors guilt. That's why Namor has not had a similar thing happen to him. His ego and his time as King of Atlantis doesn't allow him to feel that kind of guilt. Magneto has the same problem as Scott because he thought he could have stopped it, even though he was not a part of the P5.
    What about Illyana, I could be wrong but she allowed her brother to stay cursed and didn't feel a thing other than statsification that he had learned the lesson.
    that lesson the fact that illyana is a demonic lord would say more, also in the begining she enjoyed the new powers. It could be mental I'm not disagreeing about that but I doubt its survivors guilt.
    Truth is the best policy

o
    There kinda like is a telepath right next to her (arguably the strongest telepath there is now) using Rachel is way better than starting to shoot lighting bolts, not only she won't hurt them since they are not acting on their own will, but also she won't hurt the school grounds, which Ororo is blowing up, there is also Iceman who can protect everything with his ice, they have to knock them because whoever is using them is using them to destroy the school, but using her powers is not a smart way to do it

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    What about Illyana, I could be wrong but she allowed her brother to stay cursed and didn't feel a thing other than statsification that he had learned the lesson.
    that lesson the fact that illyana is a demonic lord would say more, also in the begining she enjoyed the new powers. It could be mental I'm not disagreeing about that but I doubt its survivors guilt.
    She was crazy back then, she is not crazy anymore, or at least not that crazy, still I agree that is doubtful that is survivors guilt, her connection to the limbo was damaged and the entire Limbo was being severely damaged, I doubt that she could do that on her own, and Piotr got a regulator from Cable to help him control his power, so it is a physical thing, not just psychological

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    The way I interpret it is that Magik was corrupted for a long time she thought it wasn't a big deal anymore. Colossus being cursed was Magik's way of putting him in her shoes.

Magik suffering under Dormammu seem to reopen old wounds from her past life. I guess that's the reason why she developed a sense of regret on why she duped Colossus into being cursed.

The Gold side is irrelevant. They're looking everywhere without doing anything and it seems they can't realize what's happening.

Fantastic Member

That preview annoyed me. Storm's lines were just more of the yellow side ignoring the situation and accusing Scott. At least Magik actually called her out on it and pointed out that he was obviously out of control. But it wasn't written like Storm cared, it was written like she just saw it as one more 'sin' that Scott was committing.

Someone did need to put them down, I think Scott and Magik would agree to that, but the scene was not written like that was what Storm was concerned about. And really, who is bubble-head? He better have a good explanation because the level of control and power he's shown is starting to get a little annoying?