Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fear itself: Trauma Appreciation

Trauma (Terrence Ward) the shape shifting half-demon who can transform into a manifestation of one's worst fear.

Trauma first appeared in Avengers: The Initiative #1. As a shape-shifter who can read minds (the "Holy Grail" of powers) the initiative is keen on keeping Trauma in the program even after a horrific training accident which causes the death of a fellow initiative member (MVP).

Trauma is given private training to control his powers by Dani Moonstar and becomes part of the initiative's black-ops team.

He is later killed by a clone of the student killed in the initial training accident (who calls himself K.I.A.) but later comes back to life in his coffin just as his funeral is set to begin.

After Dark Reign Trauma leaves the initiative in search of a way to keep his demon father Nightmare from taking over his body again.

Will we see Trauma again?

This is the place to love the short lived but fantastic Terrence Ward (and possibly show he should be brought back)

Aww poor Trauma, no one else thought he was an awesome character?!? Really?!?

Thank-you so much for this, I forgot about Trauma until now! He WAS awesome; and he'd be a great candidate for the Thunderbolts; I'd love to see more of him!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Thank-you so much for this, I forgot about Trauma until now! He WAS awesome; and he'd be a great candidate for the Thunderbolts; I'd love to see more of him!
    Totally! Hell he'd be a great candidate for any team. I just want to see him used again.

He's got a great power set and potential for dramatic storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    Totally! Hell he'd be a great candidate for any team. I just want to see him used again.

He's got a great power set and potential for dramatic storylines.
    Agreed. I was instantly drawn to him in Avengers: the Initiative after Osborn took over. He rocks a red shirt in a black suit; and Nightmare is my favourite mystical villain. Damn... I want Trauma back.

Fear Itself was a huge missed opportunity.

I think Trauma's only hope now is that Dan Slott realizes that his toys are as cool as Stan's and decides to play with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Fear Itself was a huge missed opportunity.

I think Trauma's only hope now is that Dan Slott realizes that his toys are as cool as Stan's and decides to play with them again.
    I hope so too. Trauma is just too good to disappear into Marvel's unused character pool.

Trauma was great. If he shows up again, I'll definitely purchase the book he's in, even though I'm cutting back on my pull list overall.

Quote Originally Posted by insidemyhead View Post
    Trauma was great. If he shows up again, I'll definitely purchase the book he's in, even though I'm cutting back on my pull list overall.
    Agreed. I want to see him and Moonstone face off!

I'd like to see him period. Hell he could be a tertiary character as long as he's there!

Astonishing Member

Yep, I'd love to see him back. The thread title's particularly funny since I remember hearing about the Fear Itself event and just sitting there wondering how Trauma couldn't show up in a series with a title like that SOMEWHERE. I mean even Man-Thing got in on the action over in Thunderbolts I'm assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yep, I'd love to see him back. The thread title's particularly funny since I remember hearing about the Fear Itself event and just sitting there wondering how Trauma couldn't show up in a series with a title like that SOMEWHERE. I mean even Man-Thing got in on the action over in Thunderbolts I'm assuming.
    Lol I know! My thoughts exactly.

He should get a solo!

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I'd definitely like to see Trauma again. He and the rest of the Initiative kids (Hardball, Komodo, Cloud 9, etc) are too cool to just forget about.

Trauma should get a team series, come on at least throw him a bone at Haloween Mavel!

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

I hope he shows up soon in New Warrior, still helping Speedballs problems but knowing Yost he'll probably have him killed for shock value.