Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MegaManChiefFan View Post
    I would talk to L from Death Note. Even though I would meet him because he is one of my all-time favorite fictional characters, he can teach me the ways of REALISTIC detective works. The only reason I said realistic is because Batman, even though he is my #1 favorite character, does detective work for a world that is less like our own. So L would be a more useful detective to get advice from.
    I haven't watched a lot of Death Note but if I was meeting anyone from it, it would be the guy with the notebook. I'd ask him to write a few names down for me

Wolverine, Gandalf, Eomer, Thor, Tony Stark, Dream, Silver Surfer

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

After thinking about this for a little bit, there's not so much of me wishing certain characters were real, but more so interested in having close friends that are like them.

A couple live-action fictional characters I'd love to be friends with and talk to are Felix and Cosima from Orphan Black. Though meeting and talking to Jordan Gavaris and Tatiana Maslany would be pretty awesome as an alternative.

The entire cast of Shirokuma Cafe/Polar Bear Cafe would be really great to meet and talk to on a daily basis. Life would be so much more fun to know and talk to people like them.

A couple other fictional characters that having as best friends would be awesome are Wallace Wells and Snufkin.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by megamanchieffan View Post
    i would talk to l from death note. Even though i would meet him because he is one of my all-time favorite fictional characters, he can teach me the ways of realistic detective works. The only reason i said realistic is because batman, even though he is my #1 favorite character, does detective work for a world that is less like our own. So l would be a more useful detective to get advice from.
    dcb1346f3a8cd5bc96456d2ad3709b49d2804597.jpg
    I am L.
    Last edited by Ryuzaki; 08-14-2015 at 06:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    After thinking about this for a little bit, there's not so much of me wishing certain characters were real, but more so interested in having close friends that are like them.

A couple live-action fictional characters I'd love to be friends with and talk to are Felix and Cosima from Orphan Black. Though meeting and talking to Jordan Gavaris and Tatiana Maslany would be pretty awesome as an alternative.

The entire cast of Shirokuma Cafe/Polar Bear Cafe would be really great to meet and talk to on a daily basis. Life would be so much more fun to know and talk to people like them.

A couple other fictional characters that having as best friends would be awesome are Wallace Wells and Snufkin.
    Why does the below two characters look like they're from an anime lol?

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Gambit The Rajun Cajun

Spend bromance days with him watching nfl football at the icehouse restaurant.I imagine the women to be amazed by him since he has black on red eyes which is not normal, also with being a smooth talker.

Also play x men legends 2 with him so he can play as himself if he wanted to and i play as wolverine.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Why does the below two characters look like they're from an anime lol?
    Wallace Wells is a major supporting character from the Scott Pilgrim comic series, which may have had character designs influenced by anime. That particular image of Snufkin is actually from an anime series, but he is originally a character from Moomin, a children's book series from a Swedish-speaking Finnish illustrator/author.

As for the topic, I really should have said this in my first post, but meeting and talking to Samurai Jack would be the greatest thing ever, as long as he doesn't think I work for Aku, because then I'm screwed.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Emily Dawn, a feisty, strong-willed adventure-loving American beauty from the manga "Gamble Fish"

Télécharger des photos

herbergeur d image

Hébergeur d'images
    Geez, look at that clumsy dialogue. Most mangaka can't write for ****.

BANNED

I also wish Chihiro from Spirited Away was real dammit. Cause if she was, I'd take her on a trip to the United States (New York City specifically), and take her to Times Square and treat her to all the wonderful restaurants and attractions that 'Murica has to offer lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Geez, look at that clumsy dialogue. Most mangaka can't write for ****.
    I was chuckling at the aside, "they do make a good couple". I wonder if it's poor translation, or if the draw is how fashionably/stylistically the characters are drawn as opposed to the quality of the writing and dialogue. I just gave "Death Note" a shot as I saw it was streaming on Netflix, and the cringeworthy dialogue had me stop halfway through the third episode.

Then again I read a lot of superhero comics, so I'm living in a glass house on this one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I was chuckling at the aside, "they do make a good couple". I wonder if it's poor translation, or if the draw is how fashionably/stylistically the characters are drawn as opposed to the quality of the writing and dialogue. I just gave "Death Note" a shot as I saw it was streaming on Netflix, and the cringeworthy dialogue had me stop halfway through the third episode.

Then again I read a lot of superhero comics, so I'm living in a glass house on this one.
    True, true.

To be fair, not all manga has crappy dialogue (even allowing for translation issues). And I guess in ones like this I guess dialogue is not the point as you said.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 08-19-2015 at 07:40 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Most X-Men who aren't called Wolverine... especially those in my sig.

I'm fairly sure I chose my wife based on what I think are her Kitty Kualities(TM).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Zetsubou,
    Seeing that all the pictures are female characters, do you want to meet these ladies or have intercourse with them? It's a bit creepy seeing a lot of these underage characters pop up on this thread....
    Cats, Comics, & Pie......
    www.dubipr.tumblr.com

BANNED

Gosh, they just want to hug them and comfort them and show them a good ol' platonic time. Just because they're wearing tight/low-cut outfits and sporting D-cups while otherwise looking like preteens doesn't mean they're pedo-bait! Or so I'm told.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    Zetsubou,
    Seeing that all the pictures are female characters, do you want to meet these ladies or have intercourse with them? It's a bit creepy seeing a lot of these underage characters pop up on this thread....
    Not everything has to be about fanservice and sex appeal.