Thread: Cowl #1

Default Cowl #1

Anybody else pick this up? Intriguing idea of a salaried super group. Set in the 60s, with good character interplay in the first issue. The art is particularly impressive.

Thought it was great, can't wait to read more. And yeah, the art is fantastic.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Certainly did enough to make me want to read issue two, which is as much as you can ask from a debut.

The art definitely seemed a good fit for the story too. Two thunbs up.

I was really rather pleased with it. It intrigues me enough to get it for a bit. I was a little put off by the one member peeing on the crook, but it does a good enough job of establishing his character, at least.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Really intrigued by the concept, but I haven't picked it up yet. Sounds like it'll be worthwhile.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Incredible Member

I agreed word for word with the comicbookresources review. I loved it, but was confused by who was what character. I also feel like I know what the book is about more from interviews than from the book itself. Had I not read those interviews, I feel like I would be lost as to what the focus of the book is. That said, I still loved it, especially the art. I'm in it for the first arc, and in all likelihood, the duration.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I really enjoyed this one. I thought the character interactions were great and I'm intrigued enough to continue with it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Amazing Member

Liked this. Good introduction to the characters that made me want to come back for issue two. Best described, I think, as Mad Men crossed with the Avengers.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrStytch View Post
    Best described, I think, as Mad Men crossed with the Avengers.
    Pretty much how I see it as well. It was a very good read and a strong first issue to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I picked it up but haven't read it yet. I was waiting forever for someone to mention it lol.

I NEED to pick this one up. I had it in my hands too but I wanted to see what everyone thought of it before I pulled the trigger.

Sorry I haven't learned names yet, but did anybody else think the fifth guy looked like Sinestro in the book?

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBatmanFanGuy View Post
    Sorry I haven't learned names yet, but did anybody else think the fifth guy looked like Sinestro in the book?
    Reminds me more of Vincent Price.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Reminds me more of Vincent Price.

Yeah they all kind of look alike (bad pic choice for Sinestro there but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    Certainly did enough to make me want to read issue two, which is as much as you can ask from a debut.

The art definitely seemed a good fit for the story too. Two thunbs up.
    definitely. considering this is a team book of all new characters i like the pace they took introducing the characters, what roles they play and what they seem to think of each other. i'm eager to learn more about the characters and where the plot is going.

i also like how there are divisions of the league, tactical(costumed/super hero), investigations(intel), and patrol(street/plain clothes)

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I agreed word for word with the comicbookresources review. I loved it, but was confused by who was what character. I also feel like I know what the book is about more from interviews than from the book itself. Had I not read those interviews, I feel like I would be lost as to what the focus of the book is. That said, I still loved it, especially the art. I'm in it for the first arc, and in all likelihood, the duration.
    i didn't read any interviews and didn't feel lost at all. i might not be completely sure what the focus of the book is but i have an idea and more importantly interest in what's going on.