Default MondoCon - Mignola guest / poster

Mr Mike's exceptional use of negative space is positively awesome.

Buff to the danged teeth!
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

So I signed up for their Twitter feed to get notified when it went up for sale, got the notification, went to the site and IT WAS ALREADY SOLD OUT!!! WTF?!? Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating.

So the print (run of 325) sold out in 3 minutes (!) and shortly thereafter 3 were listed on eBay. A $50 print, with resellers wanting $65 (currently 1 bid), $100 (someone actually bought it for $130), and $175. Hooray for capitalism. Pity the artist(s) can't be more compensated. Oh well. Sorry for the rant, I'm really damn mad about this.

Yeah, pretty much the same here. But, I'm going to vacation tomorrow and will use the money on something nice in ELCAF.

Amazing Member

That's the thing with Mondo...you have to be primed and ready to go when they announce it.
    Make sure that you are logged in on the site for purchase and you just have to lay in wait in the morning.
    Wish the allocation was higher...they totally would have sold a 1000 ,if a 1000 were availible .

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    So the print (run of 325) sold out in 3 minutes (!) and shortly thereafter 3 were listed on eBay. A $50 print, with resellers wanting $65 (currently 1 bid), $100 (someone actually bought it for $130), and $175. Hooray for capitalism. Pity the artist(s) can't be more compensated. Oh well. Sorry for the rant, I'm really damn mad about this.
    Total BS, I hate stuff like that. I wish there was some magical way to prevent someone from buying something just to turn and sell it on ebay.

I really really wanted to get one of these and I'm not a fool to go pay the jerks on ebay who do this stuff.
    I don't care for capitalism like this at all.

Mike should get all the excess money that these ebay jerks make

Edit:
    This is insane, I just checked ebay and there were 12 on the first page alone and some were at $350!
    Why do people do this, its horrible