Fantastic Member

Default What's Up With the Future of Captain America?

Caught this odd bit of news over at Newsarama...Anyone have an idea of whether this is a temporary hiatus before going into a new relaunch for Captain America?

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-mo...2021-schedule/

My initial thought on Cap was that it was taking a break in Feb and the KiB one shot was taking it's place. But there are others missing as well (as the article states) with no replacement. I'd be ok with Coates' run being over.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    My initial thought on Cap was that it was taking a break in Feb and the KiB one shot was taking it's place. But there are others missing as well (as the article states) with no replacement. I'd be ok with Coates' run being over.
    Coates’ Cap started off with so much promise, but has kinda fizzled out over time.

Mighty Member

I've like Coates' Cap, but he doesn't really seem interested in Captain America himself, and admittedly the less interested Coates seemed in Cap the less interested I became in his run. I'm with it until the end, though.

get Christopher Priest to be the next writer.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I've like Coates' Cap, but he doesn't really seem interested in Captain America himself, and admittedly the less interested Coates seemed in Cap the less interested I became in his run. I'm with it until the end, though.
    That’s pretty much how I’ve felt about this run.

Cap def. needs an excited writer, exciting stories, and a dynamic top tier artist. There needs to be some buzz around this book again.