Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Tony Stark once had a joint LOL. If we were being realistic at least some of the super-heroes would've tried Marijuana at some point in their lives but I doubt Marvel would ever come out with a line or story confirming it LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    She wasn't a law abiding citizen facing persecution, she was a criminal like me, daring to break a moronic law. MLK also had to spend many a night in jail, because he had to break laws to prove how messed up the laws were in the first place. Interracial marriage was illegal, even. Not all laws should be taken at face value, Captain America and Superman have confronted unjust laws before as opposed to hurting good people by enforcing antiquated laws various times. Our government breaks worse laws than I ever have, so it is hard to feel guilty. I've at least never tortured anyone or falsified evidence to justify invading a country before. And by legalizing, they are essentially admitting that I was right to break that law all along, as it was a silly law.
    You consider this particular law moronic, and equate it with laws that disavowed freedoms to people based on ethnicity or sexual preference. I don't think the two situations are the same, and you do, and I don't think we'll convince each other one way or another.

I have the utmost respect for the minorities who argued for and acted in defiance against the laws that forced them into a lesser-class lifestyle, lacking the same freedoms others in the same nation had. I expect and hope to see more diversity in characters and creators as the years go forward, across all companies.

But I don't think either of the big two will commit to a marijuana-smoking superhero, though DC seems like it would be the more likely of the two to have such a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    You consider this particular law moronic, and equate it with laws that disavowed freedoms to people based on ethnicity or sexual preference. I don't think the two situations are the same, and you do, and I don't think we'll convince each other one way or another.
    It's not about the two situations being the same, Joe. It's about them sharing some similarities. Hell, even being an ethnic minority and a sexual minority are not the same - you can go through life without acting upon sexual desire or ever letting anyone know you are a sexual minority (not that you should ever have to), whereas you cannot hide the fact you are black - and yet you have no problem equating the two because there are many similarities alongside the differences.

Ragdoll has already described some of the freedoms s/he lacked pre-legalisation - the freedom to discuss his lifestyle freely, to enjoy his lifestyle in public, etc. - to which we can add the freedom to pursue his chosen lifestyle safely knowing for certain what he is buying, to do so without financing criminals, and with the same consumer rights and regulation as people whose recreational drug of choice is considered acceptable and legal. Certainly sounds like a lesser-class lifestyle to me.

I agree that Marvel is unlikely to have a stoner or other drug using character outside of morality tales, mind you; even if weed becomes legal on a federal level, they avoid showing smoking tobacco these days and don't even show a huge amount of drinking outside of certain characters, because they want all their products to be broadly (older) child appropriate.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I really hope this is a joke.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    He was Zenpool! and he was high...on life!

I can see Johnny Storm and Daken getting high together and Ben looking on in disgust lol. Also Deadpool, Blind Al, The Warriors Three, Johnny Blaze, Mohawk Storm, Any superhero with cancer
    I don’t think so with Mohawk Storm.

The only X-men that have been hinted to smoke weed is Dazzler.

And possibly Boom Boom during the San Francisco-Utopia era.

Amazing Member

Beast. When Roger Stern wrote him in Avengers he said after he gained his furry form he mellowed out for a few month. Stern (I think it was Stern) was very forthcoming in interviews that he was sure Beast's downtime included copious amounts of weed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    As another Hoosier, those laws help. Without them, car dealers and small liquor stores would have to go on the 24/7 schedule imposed by the tyrant economy. At least now they get a day off.

That said, I'd really want to see Steve Rogers eat a pot brownie by mistake.
    According to The Comics Buyers Guide, GA Cap once drank liquid opium.