Super Moderator

Default Frank Darabont Files New Lawsuit Against AMC Over "The Walking Dead"

Frank Darabont and Creative Artists Agency are once again seeking millions in damages from AMC over profits from "The Walking Dead."

Full article here.

Kirkman did to Darabont what he did to Tony Moore. Robert Kirkman leaves a collage of hurt feelings and pissed off colleagues in his wake. The show is an absolute bore without Darabont's direction. The show hasn't been the same without him and I completely lost interest in it once Darabont left.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Amazing Member

Really? Well, you're in the minority.

All-New Member

Agreed /\. I mean Darabont is really good at what he does, and I would agree Kirkman tends to lose friends. But to say the show got significantly worse since his exit is pretty ridiculous.

Darabont did a great job with the first season of TWD. It's been sub-par since then.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Every time someone says the show was never as good as when he was running it I know right away they are just full of shit. The guy directed the pilot and was the EP for the first season...... all 6 episodes. That was it. To sit there and say those 6 episodes are better than the other 61 episodes of the series that have come since then is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Every time someone says the show was never as good as when he was running it I know right away they are just full of shit. The guy directed the pilot and was the EP for the first season...... all 6 episodes. That was it. To sit there and say those 6 episodes are better than the other 61 episodes of the series that have come since then is just nonsense.
    Because someone doesn't agree with you means they are full of shit? OK, makes sense.

The pilot was good, rest of S1 was subpar. The show got progressively better after S1.

Astonishing Member

I don't think the show really got worse, i think the same thing happened to it that happened to the comic(until recently in the comic at least).
    How long can you do a story of "world with zombies, but the people are the real villians!"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Kirkman did to Darabont what he did to Tony Moore. Robert Kirkman leaves a collage of hurt feelings and pissed off colleagues in his wake. The show is an absolute bore without Darabont's direction. The show hasn't been the same without him and I completely lost interest in it once Darabont left.
    It wasn't Kirkman who forced Darabont off , it was AMC. They disagreed with what he wanted to do with the series and handed it to someone else. Kirkman had to pretty much agree with it , since it was a network decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasraik View Post
    Darabont did a great job with the first season of TWD. It's been sub-par since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasraik View Post
    Because someone doesn't agree with you means they are full of shit? OK, makes sense.
    Except he's right. Critically and fan wise , Darabont's run wasn't as good. He had some creative input for like a couple episodes of season #2 as well , but the show really didn't become the HR hitting show it did til Glen Mazzara was tapped to become showrunner. His real 1st episode he had a big hand in was Nebraska and it showed a radical shift from what Darabont was doing til then. Its pretty much shown that Nebraska is considered the big turning point for Walking Dead and when it exploded.

So yeah Darabont is a great director and his pilot was awesome. But season #1 wasn't that strong and that early season #2 also struggled. You can blame AMC perhaps for tightening the budget there as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.