Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No Avengers Sub-Forum??

Come on, really???

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

I hope they decide to re-instate an Avengers forum. I know "most" marvel characters have been an Avenger, but I do feel the Avenger forum was valid and really was separate from the general Marvel forum. Characters of the FF, Guardians of Galaxy, Invaders, Defenders, InHumans, Ghost Rider, etc could stay within the realm of the Marvel forum and characters related to the original Avengers, classic Avengers and modern could shuffle to the Avenger forum.

Just my thoughts.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Fantastic Member

There's still the main Marvel forum. You'll be ffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine...

Oh and another thought just popped into my head. How about an Avengers Founders forum? It could showcase Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Wasp and Pym and any related characters or titles to them, i.e. Winter Soldier, Loki (Agent of Asgard), Sif, Iron Patriot, etc…

Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all have their own forums and yet are members of the Justice League, but only League related titles are mentioned in the DC Comics forum, while all titles and related titles/characters are discussed in the 3 respective forums. Same thing could work for the Avengers Forum.

Just another thought...

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

There wouldn't be that much to talk about if there were individual forums.

I liked posting in the Avengers forum. I hope it comes back. There are a lot of Marvel books. It was nice to have something separate.

I'd just like to add my voice to the request to restore the dedicated Avengers sub forum.
    There's like a dozen books with 'Avengers' in the title, plus the various solo books, it just makes sense.
    But maybe we could instate a rule that only solo books featuring founding or long term Avengers be included on that forum, and fringe or legacy Avengers, like She-Hulk and the new Ms Marvel, stay on the Marvel Comics sub-forum.
    How would that do?

I can fully understand the lack of an Avengers board. Many of the same people interested in the Avengers read the main Marvel titles, and vice versa. Moreover, which titles counted as "Avengers" books and which didn't was a constant matter of confusion. It's just easier to put it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I can fully understand the lack of an Avengers board. Many of the same people interested in the Avengers read the main Marvel titles, and vice versa. Moreover, which titles counted as "Avengers" books and which didn't was a constant matter of confusion. It's just easier to put it all together.
    I agree, the only thing is can we make how many threads are listed in the Marvel Forum longer? I have a feeling that the Marvel Forum will end up being the "un-official" Avengers Forum with that line being far and away Marvel's biggest and most read series.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

That's only why a separate Avengers board is necessary.

BANNED

I agree and think it's a good choice to put the forums together. However, is it possible to have a extra sticky for the Marvel Appreciation threads? It's already getting hard to find the basic discussion thread among the ever building Appreciation threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic's Aegis View Post
    Oh and another thought just popped into my head. How about an Avengers Founders forum? It could showcase Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Wasp and Pym and any related characters or titles to them, i.e. Winter Soldier, Loki (Agent of Asgard), Sif, Iron Patriot, etc…
    Cap wasn't a founding member of the Avengers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by E.Nigma View Post
    Cap wasn't a founding member of the Avengers, though.

Yeah, I know, officially he wasn't but he has been such a mainstay and a powerful driving force, he honorary founding status...in my mind :-)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic's Aegis View Post
    Yeah, I know, officially he wasn't but he has been such a mainstay and a powerful driving force, he honorary founding status...in my mind :-)
    Not just in your mind, he was officially given honorary founder status.

The old Avengers forum was unclear on what threads qualified as "Avengers" as opposed to "Marvel" forum material. Given how the Avengers franchise has exploded, I think it could work if they made it so the Avengers forum is strictly about books with "Avengers" in the title. So Avengers, New, AI, Arena/Undercover, Uncanny, Mighty, World, and Secret (and anything I missed) is discussed there, while books like Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain Marvel etc go under the "Marvel" forum

Quote Originally Posted by Game Show View Post
    The old Avengers forum was unclear on what threads qualified as "Avengers" as opposed to "Marvel" forum material. Given how the Avengers franchise has exploded, I think it could work if they made it so the Avengers forum is strictly about books with "Avengers" in the title. So Avengers, New, AI, Arena/Undercover, Uncanny, Mighty, World, and Secret (and anything I missed) is discussed there, while books like Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain Marvel etc go under the "Marvel" forum
    But then, what happens when there are crossovers / stories from an Avengers title that are continued in a solo book?

Case in point: what happened with Captain Marvel in Avengers Assemble prior to her latest series reboot.