Astonishing Member

Default Fantastic Four is tracking better than Ant-Man?

http://deadline.com/2015/08/fantasti...sh-1201491080/
    According to deadline, ff is tracking better in all demos except older male and female. So far Ant-Man's box office ratings just seemed to be disappointing, if ff can do around first class' box office earnings, fox would surpass Disney for the first time.
    What a surprising turn of event. It seems the controversial casting and the massive disapproval from fans doesn't matter once the actual trailer is released and people realize the ff seems to be a pretty good film.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

maybe all that controversy and raging nerd fumes happened to generate extra publicity.

According to the article it's tracking to make 40-50 million over the weekend, Antman brought in 57 million it's first weekend

And the few reviews that have come through the embargo have been scathing, I'll be surprised if it has any legs.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    According to the article it's tracking to make 40-50 million over the weekend, Antman brought in 57 million it's first weekend

And the few reviews that have come through the embargo have been scathing, I'll be surprised if it has any legs.
    Yep, so in short: no, it ain't.

Extraordinary Member

I expect it to make more money than Ant-Man, but who knows if that'll be any real achievement.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

In another thread someone mentioned how many ads are around for F4 compared with how little coverage there was for Ant-Man.

I find a lot of predictions for movies very between to high or way lowballing, so we'll have to wait and see.

Probably be fine Thursday/Friday...

then the negative reviews will kill it. Especially with MI likely still going strong

reviews have been bad enough that I am thinking of seeing MI instead... and i can't remember the last comic book movie I missed... I even saw GL at midnight.....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Mission Impossible. I have heard nothing but great things about this movie even from critics who usually love to savage movies like this, and with it being in only it's second week I think it is going to severly cut into what ever box office FF was hoping to get.

Just compare the two by word of mouth alone. Everyone love MI while you would be hard pressed to find anything good being said about FF even by the few who have even been allowed to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

40-50 million WITHOUT imax and 3d sales inflating their actuals.

so yes, they would be. and that's just domestic opening weekend.

I'm curious to see how this movie does the first weekend. Ant-Man got peoples attention that normally wouldn't care because it's a Marvel movie.