Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default First "Fantastic Four" Reviews Not so Fantastic

The embargo has broken on "Fantastic Four" reviews and the news so far doesn't sound good for Fox's latest reboot of the FF franchise.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

I was hoping that they could pull through, but I guess that's not the case. I'm more surprised that they lifted the embargo early.

Oh well, at least Deadpool looks hype.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

All-New Member

I'm OK with this movie struggling if it finally gets the idea through to Hollywood to just do away with the origin and fill people in as you go along. You know, like any comic would do with any new #1.

BANNED

I guess some movie properties are cursed.

Like how The Lone Ranger can't seem to make a good movie.

Mighty Member

Is it too early to politely request FOX finally give Marvel the live action rights to the FF?

Ultimate Member

Not really surprised.

None of the trailers were particularly interesting.

I was planning on seeing this but based on the reviews, I'll definitely won't be seeing this in the theaters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Is it too early to politely request FOX finally give Marvel the live action rights to the FF?
    If this movie bombs, I'm not sure Fox will be able to do anything with FF again and in that case the rights might revert to Marvel (like it with Daredevil after Fox screwed that one up).

Unfortunately, that'll be after another seven years.

The best case scenario will be that Fox try to work out something with Marvel like Sony did. Although I don't know how possible that is considering the Fox/Disney relationship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BuyTryWhy View Post
    I'm OK with this movie struggling if it finally gets the idea through to Hollywood to just do away with the origin and fill people in as you go along. You know, like any comic would do with any new #1.
    in Media Res works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    I was hoping that they could pull through, but I guess that's not the case. I'm more surprised that they lifted the embargo early.

Oh well, at least Deadpool looks hype.
    I think the embargo still lasts 3 or so on Wednesday for most people, but the trades either have a different embargo, or I know sometimes one of the big ones will break the embargo because they know it's not like studios are actually going to stop inviting Variety or whoever to screenings, and then the other ones go ahead and follow. I don't know if that's what happened here, but if so, any smaller publications have a greater risk of studio retribution and thus more reason to stick to the agreed upon time. So tomorrow (meaning Wednesday) will be when it's really flame on.

Ultimate Member

For what it's worth, some folks at Box office theory have attended special screenings.

They completely trashed the movie.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If this movie bombs, I'm not sure Fox will be able to do anything with FF again and in that case the rights might revert to Marvel (like it with Daredevil after Fox screwed that one up).

Unfortunately, that'll be after another seven years.

The best case scenario will be that Fox try to work out something with Marvel like Sony did. Although I don't know how possible that is considering the Fox/Disney relationship.
    I wonder if they will let the rights revert back to Marvel. I'm sure that the success of Daredevil has to bother the people at Fox a little bit. Fox obviously thought very little of Daredevil, and that's why they let the rights slip, but Marvel was able to turn it into a very successful TV show. It would make Fox look bad if Marvel showed them up again. So they might try to redo the FF every seven years until they either get it right or the superhero movie fad ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Une View Post
    It would make Fox look bad if Marvel showed them up again. So they might try to redo the FF every seven years until they either get it right or the superhero movie fad ends.
    Perhaps if/when this latest F4 movie flops Marvel should sue Fox for the return of the rights on the grounds that continued onscreen failure is damaging the F4 comic.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Niffleheim

Three movies. The same F4 Vs Doom story and ppl are surprised with the reviews. I hope it gets audience support so that it stays with Fox.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

I wonder if this movie bombs at the box office will that mean another origin story with Doctor Doom again? Maybe they should have stuck with the Mole Man. Something different and fresh.