Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    Well I certainly can't argue with that. I like comics that examine the politics and ideals that superheroes stand for - its one of the reasons I am excited about Sam Wilson being Captain America because it offers an opportunity to explore a very different angle of what it means to be American and to live up to the ideal of America - so I am enjoying Civil War as a story, even if its not 100% faithful to 616 Steve Rogers or Tony Stark.

The original Civil War, although I did enjoy it and thought it was a great concept, didn't do a great job of making the pro-registration side of the argument and made that side do some pretty despicable things at the same time as over-blowing the moral dimension to the anti-registration side. This time round I feel like Soule has done a great job of showing the dangers of pursuing a single ideology at the expense of all else - on both sides - and the two sides' inability to compromise bears a closer resemblance to the intransigence of real world politics than the complete loss of rationality and proportion in the original.
    Makes me wonder how the original Civil War comic would be looked upon in todays political landscape. When the books first came out in 2008, you could say Tony's side was right wing thinking (Security) and Cap's was left wing(freedom). However, if the Civil War event was released now in 2015, Cap's side would be more right wing thinking(freedom) and Tony's more left wing(security).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Rogers already conducted his investigation and found it was Bullseye, from Starks Side, who could only have made that shot to assassinate Rogers. I don't see how that looks badly for Rogers. It looks badly for Stark. What is curious is the shooter was heading back to Steeltown, inside the Blue, Steves sector.
    Could it be someone like Norman Osborn manipulating things from within. Has Norman Osborn made any appearance in this storyline so far ?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Rogers already conducted his investigation and found it was Bullseye, from Starks Side, who could only have made that shot to assassinate Rogers. I don't see how that looks badly for Rogers. It looks badly for Stark. What is curious is the shooter was heading back to Steeltown, inside the Blue, Steves sector.
    On l y the shot didn't even cone close to Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    On l y the shot didn't even cone close to Steve.
    Yes it did. It was on the way to Steve, when Miriam stood up, into the bullet's path.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Eh, it's too coincidental and Steve has no proof that Tony ordered a hit. Instead of investigating or finding the real perpetrator he blames Tony, as if Tony can deny free will or that he knows what everyone's doing 24/7, because like regular CW Steve never thought things through.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Eh, it's too coincidental and Steve has no proof that Tony ordered a hit. Instead of investigating or finding the real perpetrator he blames Tony, as if Tony can deny free will or that he knows what everyone's doing 24/7, because like regular CW Steve never thought things through.
    What is coincidental about an all-but-impossible shot from two and half miles away that was on a trajectory to hit Steve if Miriam hadn't got in the way?

There is no proof but the overwhelming evidence suggests that Bullseye is the only person who could have made the shot and he works for Tony. There's not very many people who should even know about the meeting IIRC. Steve is making a speculative leap, yes, but it is an entirely logical one, and so he is preparing to do what is necessary to fight Tony - if he has to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Could it be someone like Norman Osborn manipulating things from within. Has Norman Osborn made any appearance in this storyline so far ?
    Norman attempted a coup and was deposed rather quickly.

It's been established now in Inhumans : Attilan Rising, that Civil War has been deliberately prolonged, and, other Domains were forbidden to try to intercede. Black Bolt has strongly hinted that this was on Dooms own directive.