Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Civil War #2 Spoilers/Discussion

Wow, I went from almost hating the first issue to loving the second. I gave it a 10 out of 10 and reviewed it here with pictures.

Charles Soule writes a strong issue here, with a good pace and lots of reveals into this new world. Both sides are at war and Soule writes each character very well. It’s clear they’re war torn, angry and exhausted via their dialogue and actions. It’s fun to see Storm, Colossus and others pop up in this issue too and Soule very efficiently gets us inside their heads.

How about some spoilers?

spoilers:
    The issue opens with Tony Stark following the trail of the shooter and Tony is heading into The Blue using a drone to follow the trail. The drone is destroyed by Storm however and the trail ends there. From here we get a scene with Colossus and Storm and they send Tony a message via this drone. The message is about sending a Hulk next...which sparks something for Tony and this investigation.

We then find Cap and Spidey discussing a new weapon. Beast uses it on Sandman and his powers are taken from him. That's not very heroic!

We then get a handful of scenes with Tony and She Hulk, some of them both post coitus, as they seem to be come upon who the perpetrator might be. He asks She Hulk to go into the Blue without her powers activated to follow the trail.

Meanwhile Spider-Man headways a team to infiltrate into the Iron. He's got Elektra, Venom and the new Black Panther with him. They are quickly attacked by Sentinel Iron Man robots and Elektra is vaporized. Ouch.

The final scene is with She Hulk as she infiltrates the Blue. Xavier is brought in for an extra check to see who she is. Uh oh.
    To be continued!
    end of spoilers
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

1st issue was all setup. I have faith in Soule.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    1st issue was all setup. I have faith in Soule.
    Setup as far as Cap and Tony being jerks to each other. I didn't feel like it told us anything important about the two sides and how they live though. Just lots of bickering. Glad it picked up here.

Who is the BP?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Who is the BP?
    His name is "Azari" and he wants to "restore honor to the Black Panther Lineage."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Setup as far as Cap and Tony being jerks to each other. I didn't feel like it told us anything important about the two sides and how they live though. Just lots of bickering. Glad it picked up here.
    For YOU. comics don't revolve around you and this BW tie-in is only 5 issues. Only so much he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    For YOU. comics don't revolve around you and this BW tie-in is only 5 issues. Only so much he can do.
    I know that. That's why I said "I" in the statement. I'm sure this will read beautifully in a collected format.

His name is "Azari" and he wants to "restore honor to the Black Panther Lineage."
    So he must be the Civil War version of the Next Avengers character, Storm and T'Challa's kid .

Was excited to see Elektra, but then I was like cue Shatner SOOOOOUUUUULLEEE!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Was excited to see Elektra, but then I was like cue Shatner SOOOOOUUUUULLEEE!
    I was looking at the image again and I'm not certain she's dead. The blast doesn't look to be destroying her.

I'm not positive she's dead quite yet either, but what a roller coaster.

'Cool, even if it's just five issues, he's writing my fave again. Wait..no....damn!'

Spectacular Member

Really liking this series and my only big complain for now would be its art. I usually really like Yu style, but something is off about it this time. Maybe my problem is with rather weak (in my opinion) redesigns of costumes? Could be.

One thing that amused me greatly is that the 'you're free to do whatever you want' fraction's leader is called the General and the one all about 'you must follow our orders' has the President.

BANNED

Wow, I went from almost hating the first issue to loving the second. I gave it a 10 out of 10 and reviewed it here with pictures.

Charles Soule writes a strong issue here, with a good pace and lots of reveals into this new world. Both sides are at war and Soule writes each character very well. It’s clear they’re war torn, angry and exhausted via their dialogue and actions. It’s fun to see Storm, Colossus and others pop up in this issue too and Soule very efficiently gets us inside their heads.

How about some spoilers?

spoilers:
    The issue opens with Tony Stark following the trail of the shooter and Tony is heading into The Blue using a drone to follow the trail. The drone is destroyed by Storm however and the trail ends there. From here we get a scene with Colossus and Storm and they send Tony a message via this drone. The message is about sending a Hulk next...which sparks something for Tony and this investigation.

We then find Cap and Spidey discussing a new weapon. Beast uses it on Sandman and his powers are taken from him. That's not very heroic!

We then get a handful of scenes with Tony and She Hulk, some of them both post coitus, as they seem to be come upon who the perpetrator might be. He asks She Hulk to go into the Blue without her powers activated to follow the trail.

Meanwhile Spider-Man headways a team to infiltrate into the Iron. He's got Elektra, Venom and the new Black Panther with him. They are quickly attacked by Sentinel Iron Man robots and Elektra is vaporized. Ouch.

The final scene is with She Hulk as she infiltrates the Blue. Xavier is brought in for an extra check to see who she is. Uh oh.
    To be continued!
    end of spoilers
    I thought there was going to be a Storm vs Iron Man fight. Im glad it didnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    Really liking this series and my only big complain for now would be its art. I usually really like Yu style, but something is off about it this time. Maybe my problem is with rather weak (in my opinion) redesigns of costumes? Could be.

One thing that amused me greatly is that the 'you're free to do whatever you want' fraction's leader is called the General and the one all about 'you must follow our orders' has the President.
    I wonder if it's the same General that defeated the Sentry. That guy looks like a good guy now, after Siege.

Edit : I misunderstood that reference to "General", because it seems to refer to Rogers, not some unknown person.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-06-2015 at 04:16 AM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Seems to be pro Iron Man.