Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Is Emma Frost in this? I didn't see her but I saw the name Frost used.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Is Emma Frost in this? I didn't see her but I saw the name Frost used.
    So far she's only been name-checked.

BANNED

Once again this story is showing Steve Rogers as an overacting attack dog while Tony Stark is doing the hard work in finding the truth in all of this. Honestly, it felt like this second time of Civil War was partly for Steve to look worse than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I thought there was going to be a Storm vs Iron Man fight. Im glad it didnt happen.
    I'm pretty psyched she showed up. That means Charles Soule is using her again in the rest of this run!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Once again this story is showing Steve Rogers as an overacting attack dog while Tony Stark is doing the hard work in finding the truth in all of this. Honestly, it felt like this second time of Civil War was partly for Steve to look worse than the original.
    True. Another way to look at it is Cap is a soldier and Tony is the thinker in the war room.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    So far she's only been name-checked.
    How is she referenced?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Storm is the on X-Man so far right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I don't see it like that at all. The two sides are in the middle of a war, tentative ceasefire or not, and now it appears like Tony has attempted to assassinate Steve (which is entirely in character for Tony in this domain). You'd have to be an idiot not to prepare for the worst. Remember, the Blue are being starved for resources and don't have the luxury to sit and wait this out.

Soule has done a much better job of balancing the two sides than the original comic ever did. Extreme libertarianism vs. a fascistic police state. Neither is in the right, but both are chasing an ideal which commendable in its own way (absolute freedom vs absolute safety).

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    How is she referenced?
    Tony says to She-Hulk: 'Frost's people will get you the papers you need to pass in the Blue.' Since most, if not all, the X-Men seem to live in the Blue it may be she runs a spy network there for Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Storm is the on X-Man so far right?
    Nope: Colossus, Magneto and Xavier are all in the Blue.

This really roared along. I couldn't tell if this was written by Bendis or Paul Jenkins, but it had the same sort of imperative as the original CW, especially when reading the timeline as similar up to the point of the 42 being destroyed, and then all hell broke lose. That seems to be the problem President Stark has with the red incidents being deliberately precipitated. It seems T'Challa was also killed during some point along that timeline, too, and at some point Winter Soldier left Steve Rogers side and joined Stark, once Red Skull couldn't assassinate Rogers like on the real Civil War.

We have no idea what is the element required to run Project Bellcurve, that The Iron has in its possession, but if Stark has it, isn't it time Stark used Project Bellcurve on the Blue and depowered all the super heroes from there?

Bad blood in the form of Bucky towards Steve, and then the complication of attacks on the Iron possibly inflicting harm on MJ and Peters kid, make Civil War this nightmarish horror story for both sides. If it turns out the Red Skull is manipulating the Warzone, or, that Doom is doing so, then the two sides are destined to continue the struggle indefinitely, if someone has a investment in keeping the CW fight going into perpetuity.

Rogers already conducted his investigation and found it was Bullseye, from Starks Side, who could only have made that shot to assassinate Rogers. I don't see how that looks badly for Rogers. It looks badly for Stark. What is curious is the shooter was heading back to Steeltown, inside the Blue, Steves sector.

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    I don't see it like that at all. The two sides are in the middle of a war, tentative ceasefire or not, and now it appears like Tony has attempted to assassinate Steve (which is entirely in character for Tony in this domain). You'd have to be an idiot not to prepare for the worst. Remember, the Blue are being starved for resources and don't have the luxury to sit and wait this out.

Soule has done a much better job of balancing the two sides than the original comic ever did. Extreme libertarianism vs. a fascistic police state. Neither is in the right, but both are chasing an ideal which commendable in its own way (absolute freedom vs absolute safety).
    I like that those two categories of Freedom or Safety are being distilled out of this conflict, as though one of them is the ideal state on the Nation in that Alternate Universe. When something went different after the 42 battle, and Steve and Tony weren't put in the position of facing off, but Steves faction escaped, it started a conflict which was well balanced. Being confronted with these two alternatives of the Blue and the Iron, you have to wonder what philosophical end result should come from this? Stark seems to thing joining together is the best option for both, so they can track down and face their manipulator. But if both sides do amalgamate, what system will they adopt? I can see at the end of this series, Stark and Rogers coming to a truce, if Rogers accepts what Stark shows him is an unknown party as sabotaging peace between the two sectors.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    Soule has done a much better job of balancing the two sides than the original comic ever did. Extreme libertarianism vs. a fascistic police state. Neither is in the right, but both are chasing an ideal which commendable in its own way (absolute freedom vs
    This is what's seems off about this story. Great Depression/New Deal/WWII era liberal arts New Yorker Steve Rogers, volunteer for a secret government military experiment, is the leader of libertarian paradise. Drawing these clear lines between the two sides might make for a cleaner narrative, but I don't think it fits the character.

The original civil war was murky because frankly it's a story that makes no sense in the main marvel universe to begin with (tho I enjoyed it anyway). But this is the leftover of an alternate universe, so whatever, and I'm enjoying this version too.

Quote Originally Posted by hobo View Post
    This is what's seems off about this story. Great Depression/New Deal/WWII era liberal arts New Yorker Steve Rogers, volunteer for a secret government military experiment, is the leader of libertarian paradise. Drawing these clear lines between the two sides might make for a cleaner narrative, but I don't think it fits the character.

The original civil war was murky because frankly it's a story that makes no sense in the main marvel universe to begin with (tho I enjoyed it anyway). But this is the leftover of an alternate universe, so whatever, and I'm enjoying this version too.
    Well I certainly can't argue with that. I like comics that examine the politics and ideals that superheroes stand for - its one of the reasons I am excited about Sam Wilson being Captain America because it offers an opportunity to explore a very different angle of what it means to be American and to live up to the ideal of America - so I am enjoying Civil War as a story, even if its not 100% faithful to 616 Steve Rogers or Tony Stark.

The original Civil War, although I did enjoy it and thought it was a great concept, didn't do a great job of making the pro-registration side of the argument and made that side do some pretty despicable things at the same time as over-blowing the moral dimension to the anti-registration side. This time round I feel like Soule has done a great job of showing the dangers of pursuing a single ideology at the expense of all else - on both sides - and the two sides' inability to compromise bears a closer resemblance to the intransigence of real world politics than the complete loss of rationality and proportion in the original.

Thought the first issue did a great job setting things up and this issue delivered on that.
    Just not a fan of Yu's art. Never have been. Brings the whole thing down a bot for me. The one things his style has going for it as far as this series goes, everyone is tired and worn out from war, which is how his characters always look.