Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Snyder Talks the Joy of "Batman," Joker's True Identity & When He'll Leave the Series

Writer Scott Snyder spent his Boston Comic Con panel talking about his "Batman" plans, Bruce Wayne's lack of sex appeal and Dick Grayson's butt.

Full article here.

BANNED

out at 50?
    what are we on now
    39?
    i feel my interest for batsy returning already
    praise the bat-god

Give this whole new spin on him that you've never seen.' And they really liked the story, and I was like, 'And he'll have a beard.' And they were like, 'Oh! A beard!' We started talking, and it was like, 'What does he wear?' And I'm like, 'He's going to wear a plaid shirt.' I got the images of him, which just came out in #42 and #43, and I sent them to them. I said, 'Check it out! Does this look good?' I got back 'emoji heart heart heart heart.' Ming was like, 'LumberBruce!'"
    I'll admit, I giggled. This world is a silly place...

Quote Originally Posted by dregj View Post
    out at 50?
    what are we on now
    39?
    i feel my interest for batsy returning already
    praise the bat-god
    Until you find out what 'status changing, never before done, everything you knew is false' swerve he comes up with next. It's like Batman bores him without this constant upheaval arc to arc...

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

50 isn't going to be the end of their run. He basically said as much in this interview. When 50 hits they will still be around.

Also, I was told (by the man, himself) the GordonBats story is almost done and doesn't last until 50.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    50 isn't going to be the end of their run. He basically said as much in this interview. When 50 hits they will still be around.

Also, I was told (by the man, himself) the GordonBats story is almost done and doesn't last until 50.
    It sounds like Capullo wants out, but Snyder wants to stay, but he's not going to stay without Capullo.

Extraordinary Member

I am digging the Gordon-bats story and I hope Snyder stays on Batman for however long he wants
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-05-2015 at 02:59 PM.

I haven't been crazy bout his latest arc so far. It's not bad just kinda average and hasn't gotten me too excited for what's next. Hopefully it speeds up in the next issue cause it's just kinda crawling along at the moment.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

I think Snyder sets himself apart from other writers because he isn't shy about saying Batman is his favorite character. Other writers usually come on the title and prioritize some other supporting characters but aside from this Gordon Batman detour Snyder has pretty much told only Bruce Wayne stories which I have to give him props for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I am digging the Gordon-bats story and I hope Snyder stays on Batman for however long he wants
    Co-signed.

I love how open Snyder is. It seems like he's been doing a lot of interviews (or a Q&A in this case) lately and as a huge fan and aspiring writer, it's really cool to get into his head. I'm glad to hear that he has at least another year of material left with Batman. I think the biggest criticism I've seen of his work (at least on here) is that since he got the character, he's written exclusively "big picture" stories. Everything is an arc, rather than quick 1-2 part "episodes" which is actually what Waid's run on Daredevil pretty much has been. I love that run too, so clearly I can get into both methods of storytelling. Everyone has their preferred pace though so it might be daunting to follow Snyder on a story for months. I get that. But I love what he's done so far and as long as he continues to have fresh ideas then I'm totally okay with him staying on the book. I hope Capullo will be there with him for the entire ride as well.

Not to sound redundant, but im right there with you two. Love every Bat arcs Snyder has done, and DD is among my faves as well.. I for one really hope we get at LEAST another two or three arc before they leave Batman. You really can feel the love these guys have for the character. Capullo's vision of the bat universe is my definitive, favorite visual interpretation of Batman and his world. Yes some arcs have been better than others, but c'mon guys, it easily reads as one cohesive and epic story broken down into distinctive, unique sagas/arcs. I honestly see Snyder and co.'s run as underappreciated by hardcore readers unwilling to try something different and genuinely new. At least the run has been given it's due by a fair amount of newer fans, blogs, and larger comic websites.

Before i completely digress, i just wanna say that all of the personal struggles that Snyder pours into his stories truly resonate with me. This book is easily my favorite each month and has helped me through tougher times (NEEDING to know what happens, how it ends). The only run i can say i might have enjoyed more was GMo's Bat epic, but this is a very close second. Like Morrison, i trust Snyder to end his run on a high note.
    Last edited by AUScowboy; 08-06-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    It sounds like Capullo wants out, but Snyder wants to stay, but he's not going to stay without Capullo.
    The good news is if they do leave they will hopefully do some awesome creator owned work together. I would love to see these guys on a project together at Image or some other company.

I hate to see the day when Capullo leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I hate to see the day when Capullo leaves.
    Batman fans have had their turn. I've been waiting since Quasar for the man to do a character I love!

Comics Alliance has an interview with Snyder and Capullo as well, for those interested in another take on it.