View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8House: Arclight #2

2 5.26%
  • Airboy #3 (of 4)

7 18.42%
  • Dark Corridor #1

0 0%
  • Deadly Class #15

9 23.68%
  • The Fade Out #8

3 7.89%
  • Jupiter's Circle #5

1 2.63%
  • Kaptara #4

2 5.26%
  • Minimum Wage: So Many Bad Decisions #4 (of 6)

1 2.63%
  • Morning Glories #47

0 0%
  • Nailbiter #15

3 7.89%
  • Outcast #11

2 5.26%
  • Savage Dragon #205

0 0%
  • We Stand On Guard #2

2 5.26%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #11

5 13.16%
  • Other - Sex #23 or The Humans #7

1 2.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 32 - Dark Corridor launches

Welcome to the weekly poll, where we round up our thoughts on this week's Image comics. Vote for the one you liked best and let's chat!

Last week we finally had a clear winner again. No contest; whilst many titles drew a vote or two, Lazarus #18 absolutely crushed everyone and won the week.

This week is an odd one, with MANY titles getting delayed, and most of the notable ones in the middle of story arcs. Some notable stuff though: The Humans goes on a short hiatus after this week's issue, Savage Dragon ends its current story arc, Airboy hits its penultimate issue, and Tula Lotay steps in as guest artist on The Wicked + The Divine.

New this week is the launch of Dark Corridor, Rich Tomasso's new crime series. Pretty sure this includes two separate storylines per issue, plus the cover's gorgeous!

225377_s0.jpg

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I've read two books from Image Comics this week, Dark Corridor and Outcast. Dark Corridor left no mental impression on me in the slightest. The moment I stopped reading it was the moment I forgot about it. Definitely not for me and ultimately a comic I didn't bother reviewing (someone else did on AiPT and gave it a 9, so there's that).

Outcast #11 though was a different matter. Great issue. Slow, but it packs a punch in that ending. So looking forward to reading the finale to the second arc next time. Very eager.

Other than that, I read This Damned Band #1, Assassination Classroom Vol. 5, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Vol. 3. Both mangas are good and worth your time, but This Damned Band was just rather dull and forgettable. A shame though, since I do like Paul Cornell's comic work.

The Fade Out is delayed in parts of the US due to a broken down Diamond truck, apparently, but is out everywhere else, per Sean Phillips.

Deadly Class just edged out The Fade Out for me this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The Fade Out is delayed in parts of the US due to a broken down Diamond truck, apparently, but is out everywhere else, per Sean Phillips.
    Oh thanks I've added it to the poll options! Weirdly it didn't show up at the Diamond/Previews website, but I guess that explains why. A lot of stuff was cancelled last-minute, like the new Phonogram and Artemis IX for example. Wonder if some of those were on the same truck or just regular delays.

Yeah, Sean said that's why it's not on the diamond site. Kind of screws up the voting for people.

For ince I do not have a clear winner. Both Deadly Class and Outcast had big penultimate issues sure to lead to big drama next month when their arcs end. They're such wildly different comics it's hard to compare them.

I'm voting for Deadly Class. Like the last issue, it had more good drug sequences. But last months were real depressing drug moments, but this issue had a very cool 'shroom trip that was blowing my mind. I was pretty blazed when I read it and the shrooms scene raised so many cool tripping ideas that I wound up lost in deep thought for 10 minutes before remembering I was supposed to be reading. Well done, Remender.

Outcast was awesome and came close. It delivered a very emotional issue with an amazing cliffhanger that will haunt me all month.

We Stand On Guard #2 was alright. But really, this book is just a less subtle version of Saga. They're both "America is evil" books, but Saga at least hides it behind metaphor for readers to figure out for themselves. This is just Americans running around doing various Nazi gestapo things. I get the message and even agree with it for the most part, but it's just too straight forward for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I'm voting for Deadly Class. Like the last issue, it had more good drug sequences. But last months were real depressing drug moments, but this issue had a very cool 'shroom trip that was blowing my mind. I was pretty blazed when I read it and the shrooms scene raised so many cool tripping ideas that I wound up lost in deep thought for 10 minutes before remembering I was supposed to be reading. Well done, Remender.
    I lol'd. Your constant "I was blazed" comments bring me back to my college days, in a good way. Thanks for the memories!
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

All-New Member

Airboy #3 is the best issue yet. The art looks great and the way the story unfolded was...hilarious.

I still need to read Dark Corridor, Outcast and Deadly Class. BRB.

We Stand on Guard #2 and Kaptara #4 for me, plus 8house: Arclight #1. Arclight actually took it for me, but since it's a back issue, We Stand on Guard was more interesting.

We Stand On Guard #2 was alright. But really, this book is just a less subtle version of Saga. They're both "America is evil" books, but Saga at least hides it behind metaphor for readers to figure out for themselves. This is just Americans running around doing various Nazi gestapo things. I get the message and even agree with it for the most part, but it's just too straight forward for me.
    I've never really thought that Vaughan can really do subtle tbh. Love his comics but he rarely has nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    I've never really thought that Vaughan can really do subtle tbh. Love his comics but he rarely has nuance.
    Agreed there, the recent Saga arc did a very on the nose "professional militaries fighting abroad means the home country citizens are barely concerned with the war"-kinda parallel. It'd be hard to miss. I don't mind it either though, many of his comics I really enjoy. Sometimes you need to be blunt to get a message across (see also: Kelly Sue DeConnick's Bitch Planet). Besides I would rather have a comic be about something and do it a bit heavy-handedly, than not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Agreed there, the recent Saga arc did a very on the nose "professional militaries fighting abroad means the home country citizens are barely concerned with the war"-kinda parallel. It'd be hard to miss. I don't mind it either though, many of his comics I really enjoy. Sometimes you need to be blunt to get a message across (see also: Kelly Sue DeConnick's Bitch Planet). Besides I would rather have a comic be about something and do it a bit heavy-handedly, than not at all.
    Largely agreed. There's nothing wrong with saying what you mean, even in fiction. A multi-layered text is its own type of enjoyment, but not everything has to be hidden under a hundred veils of meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by keithly View Post
    Airboy #3 is the best issue yet. The art looks great and the way the story unfolded was...hilarious.
    I actually got tired of Airboy with this issue, and doubt I will pick up the final issue. It was funner when they were in our world, I wasn't a big fan of being in Airboy's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I lol'd. Your constant "I was blazed" comments bring me back to my college days, in a good way. Thanks for the memories!
    It seems comic editors feel the same way, because of all the letters I have written to comics, the only 2 that got printed happened to be the only ones I mentioned weed in (The Fuse and Manifest Destiny). And the next month, someone sent in a letter bashing the editor of Manifest Destiny, saying he had a terrible letters column, and cited them printing my letter as one of the reasons, for even giving a platform to a druggie to speak. It was kinda hilarious.
    But yeah, I usually smoke for New Comic Book Day. The only other comic forum I hang on is one geared specifically to stoners, so it is weird being the only voice of the stoner reader on this board. Especially when so many Image comics either feature drugs, or were written by someone who was clearly on or influenced by drugs. Image is by far the trippiest of all comic publishers.

The only other comic forum I hang on is one geared specifically to stoners, so it is weird being the only voice of the stoner reader on this board.
    If I didn't get randomed at work, i'd be right there with ya.