Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Time to Create an All New Brotherhood to fight the All New X-Men

Last week we learned that Oya and Genesis will be joining the All New X-Men. While a step in the right direction, we want more of the true X-Kids/Students. So what do Teenage Heroes need more than proper sex ed? Rivals! Atagonists! Bad Guys?

So I present too you my idea for an ALL NEW Brotherhood of Mutants. Former X-Students left to fend for themselves. The X-Men have failed them one too many times. And because of it they had to suffer at the scientifcally horrendus hands of Mr. Sinsiter. (Gillen's version)

Hope Summers
    Hellion
    Pixie as Nightmare
    Indra
    Surge
    Mercury
    Rockslide
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I could go for most of that team so long as they're treated as antagonists due to differing idealogies and not actual villains. Rockslide's never going to turn on the X-Men, though. If he forgave Summers after Messiah Complex, he's a lifer. Have Dust as the elemental power instead and I think it works better. Also not sure the NXM kids would follow Hope; she never really bothered forging a bond with any of them.

For more of a typically villainous Brotherhood, I'd likely pick:

Quire - masterminds the whole thing; that business about caring for other people didn't really work out for him, and I can see him being disillusioned enough to go full villain this time
    Animax - girl is awesome and has so many issues, let's have her work them out via violence
    Broo - this one hurts to write, but I still feel like he's destined to go dark side
    Match - he's always been a hot head and tends to charge into things chin first
    Purple Girl - fangirl turned political terrorist, great for creating human shields
    Velocidad - guy's probably got 20 years or less left on the planet thanks to his powers; doubt he has his head on straight
    Last edited by Anduinel; 08-05-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I could go for most of that team so long as they're treated as antagonists due to differing idealogies and not actual villains. Rockslide's never going to turn on the X-Men, though. If he forgave Summers after Messiah Complex, he's a lifer. Have Dust as the elemental power instead and I think it works better. Also not sure the NXM kids would follow Hope; she never really bothered forging a bond with any of them.
    True, but I think of the situation for them was dire enough, they could follow hope. That's why had this intial idea of them being captured by Sinister, and they rally together to escape.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I like the idea of a new brotherhoods for the anxm

blackbolt, medusa, gorgon, triton, lockjaws

Dust
    Transonic
    Velocidad
    Tin man
    Surge
    Match
    Hazmat
    Finesse
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

New Brotherhood...
    Tempus
    Raze [if he sadly still exists]
    Quire
    Animax

Either them or throw all of Bendis' new students into a Brotherhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    blackbolt, medusa, gorgon, triton, lockjaws
    Perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Kenji Uedo, plz. A shame with whatever happened to him.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Hmmm.

Eva Bell
    Kenji Uedo
    Surge
    Mach 2
    Match
    Quentin Quire
    and Animax.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Kenji Uedo, plz. A shame with whatever happened to him.
    What even DID happen to him after Storm's solo?

Fantastic Member

I would follow suit with the O5 and include a young Toad and Blob.
    Maybe Ultimate Toad now that Ultimate crossover characters are on the table.
    Led by Mudbug, to fulfill the obvious inevitability of his destiny to rise to the stature of top shelf X-villain!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Last week we learned that Oya and Genesis will be joining the All New X-Men. While a step in the right direction, we want more of the true X-Kids/Students. So what do Teenage Heroes need more than proper sex ed? Rivals! Atagonists! Bad Guys?

So I present too you my idea for an ALL NEW Brotherhood of Mutants. Former X-Students left to fend for themselves. The X-Men have failed them one too many times. And because of it they had to suffer at the scientifcally horrendus hands of Mr. Sinsiter. (Gillen's version)

Hope Summers
    Hellion
    Pixie as Nightmare
    Indra
    Surge
    Mercury
    Rockslide
    Keep the NXM out of this!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Beast
    Havok
    Aurora
    Tempus
    Kenji Uedo
    Quentin Quire

I'm ok with having a new team of Brotherhood to oppose the X-Men but... I'd rather see the Hellfire Club rehabilitated. Say by Shaw, Pryor, Selene, Shadow King and Lady Mastermind (Martinique). Their first act can be to horribly dismember every remnant of the brats.

Mighty Member

Toad
    Blob
    Mystique
    Pyro
    Avalanche
    Bendis
    Cyclops was right

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I was hoping Magneto would be given a Brotherhood boook. But I think the anti X-Men super villain team notion is played. Being bad for the sake of being bad is really outdated. I always hated the "Evil" part of the name. Besides, Magneto's way of doing things don't really work with Xavier's dream, but a revamped version of the Brotherhood that takes the place of X-Force? Would have worked for me.

The current roster would have been perfect IMO, sans Psylocke and insert Polaris. Maybe add Quinton Quire who might get a kick out of being an outlaw. Quinton with Magneto as a mentor? He'd probably turn into the next Magneto. Hellion maybe? I always thought his growth was stunted after Schism.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 08-05-2015 at 04:27 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    Toad
    Blob
    Mystique
    Pyro
    Avalanche
    Bendis
    LOL

If I had to make a roster out of what's available now?
    Exodus
    Frenzy
    Toad
    Mimic
    Prime Sentinel

And they need a motivation beyond being bad and fighting he X-Men. My roster has some pseudo villains that have been labeled good or even X-Men as well as villains. In other words, give them a story beyond attacking the X-Mansion. For instance, their goals aren't global domination or robbing a bank, but as they are trying to accomplish thier objectives, it comes into conflict with X-Men and that's how the melee/ rivalry sparks between the factions.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 08-05-2015 at 04:32 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.