Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hellion
    Elixir
    Mercury
    Anole
    Surge.

They all have a reason to go bad, and they'd be fun rivals to the O5.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Hellion
    Elixir
    Mercury
    Anole
    Surge.

They all have a reason to go bad, and they'd be fun rivals to the O5.
    So the idea is to pull a bishop on perfectly good characters that are in limbo?
    Why not with the lame ones
    Quire
    Hope
    Tempus
    Blob guy
    Shark girl

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Quire
    Hope
    Tempus
    Blob guy
    Shark girl
    You can call these the One-and-Dones... Or simply Canon Fodder.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Joseph
    Astra
    Bishop
    Animax
    Tattooed Man
    Masque

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    LOL

If I had to make a roster out of what's available now?
    Exodus
    Frenzy
    Toad
    Mimic
    Prime Sentinel

And they need a motivation beyond being bad and fighting he X-Men. My roster has some pseudo villains that have been labeled good or even X-Men as well as villains. In other words, give them a story beyond attacking the X-Mansion. For instance, their goals aren't global domination or robbing a bank, but as they are trying to accomplish thier objectives, it comes into conflict with X-Men and that's how the melee/ rivalry sparks between the factions.
    it is for the lulz for why i post
    but i agree with you.
    start it off as a team trying to do something, they could be just a bunch of hired guns, thwarted by the x-men and now they have it out for them.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Quire
    Hope
    Tempus
    Blob guy
    Shark girl
    Why can't good characters go bad? These characters have a lot of reasons to hate the X-men, and they aren't getting use anywhere else.

I say:

-Speed
    -Mach 2: taken from Ultimate-verse
    -Blob (Teddy Allen): rescued by Mach 2 from Ultimate-verse
    -Kenji Uedo
    -Quentin Quire
    -Dancing Water: retcon her as a teen
    -Ember

This team would surely give the All New All Different X-men a run for their money.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Why exactly are people saying Tempus should be a villain? She has shown no signs of going into villainy. Just that she's not putting up with any crap with anyone. Besides, if she did become a villain to the 05, she would be able to easily take them all out, just by going back in time and messing up their history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Why exactly are people saying Tempus should be a villain? She has shown no signs of going into villainy. Just that she's not putting up with any crap with anyone. Besides, if she did become a villain to the 05, she would be able to easily take them all out, just by going back in time and messing up their history.
    I really don't get this attitude.

Beast unilaterally mucks with the timestream because he "knows better" (even though he clearly DIDN'T and has royally frelled things up) and the fandom is ready to crucify his furry hide.

Tempus unilaterally mucks with the timestream because she "knows better" (despite having already had FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE how royally she can frell it up with even the smallest and seemingly insignificant of changes) and the fandom is all, "Oh, she's just keeping Cyclops in line."

She was arrogant and irresponsible, and needs to be slapped in a power nullifier and locked away in a padded cell to be forgotten alongside Scarlet Witch before she SERIOUSLY breaks something. The only reason erasing Matthew Malloy from reality didn't have MASSIVE implications for the rest of the world is because Bendis was just too damn lazy to actually account for just how far-ranging those consequences actually were (you know, like that ENTIRE SKRULL ARMY Malloy wiped out, but he's now no longer there to deal with). She's a MENACE and an overpowered God Mode Sue who needs to be beaten to a bloody pulp with the Nerf Bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I really don't get this attitude.

Beast unilaterally mucks with the timestream because he "knows better" (even though he clearly DIDN'T and has royally frelled things up) and the fandom is ready to crucify his furry hide.

Tempus unilaterally mucks with the timestream because she "knows better" (despite having already had FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE how royally she can frell it up with even the smallest and seemingly insignificant of changes) and the fandom is all, "Oh, she's just keeping Cyclops in line."

She was arrogant and irresponsible, and needs to be slapped in a power nullifier and locked away in a padded cell to be forgotten alongside Scarlet Witch before she SERIOUSLY breaks something. The only reason erasing Matthew Malloy from reality didn't have MASSIVE implications for the rest of the world is because Bendis was just too damn lazy to actually account for just how far-ranging those consequences actually were (you know, like that ENTIRE SKRULL ARMY Malloy wiped out, but he's now no longer there to deal with). She's a MENACE and an overpowered God Mode Sue who needs to be beaten to a bloody pulp with the Nerf Bat.
    I agree entirely. Tempus getting off, ahem, scott free is a projection of the RRRRHATE CYCLOPS crowd. They came to realize how dangerously unstable Beast is, they'll come to realize how dangerously unstable Tempus is, too.
    Having said that...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I would prefer a Brotherhood that is a more extreme version of X-Force without being just evil.I want a group that's out to protect mutantkind by all means possible and anyone opposed to them is the enemy period.Since Magneto will not be leading this version I want Exodus as the leader of this Brotherhood.

Leader: Exodus
    CoLead: Joseph

Quentin Quire
    Hellion
    Hope Summers
    Dust
    Molly Hayes
    Tempus
    Sync (time displaced)

This Brotherhood is all about mutant survival at all cost and is more then willing to kill for the survival of their people.With Exodus and Joseph twisted version of Magneto's goal as the leaders this group is the dark grey side of the spectrum.They are not out to rob banks or doing other meaningless villains stuff their goal is survival period.Though will try to refrain from killing their own people they will make any mutants that oppose them wish they hadn't.I picked each member after great thought because each one is dangerous on their own but together they can match up with most opposition.And yes I know I pick some that are not evil but this Brotherhood isn't about being evil but are willing to cross any line to achieve their goal which is in their opinion the best goal there is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SyncReborn View Post
    And yes I know I pick some that are not evil but this Brotherhood isn't about being evil but are willing to cross any line to achieve their goal which is in their opinion the best goal there is.
    And some of those characters would NOT cross any line in the first place. Dust and Molly (ESPECIALLY young Molly) in particular.

Yet at the same time we as fans see the future of mutants and it's definitely not good and real soon what we see coming will start showing in the books full force.I have characters like Sync Molly Hope and Dust in the group to act as the moral compass because with Exodus and Joseph as the leaders there is a definite need for a moral compass.And I stressed the point of them not being evil because this group is a survive by all means.Molly will have a huge effect on the team as she has been through a lot of trama but is still good hearted.Exodus actually have good intentions but extreme methods without Magneto leading him.That's where Joseph comes into play as a lesser Magneto.As far as Sync he died a hero and he will remain a hero but on that understands that the world doesn't play by the rules.Plus this group will give each character many chances to standout.Plus it would be great to see the side of a Brotherhood that isn't about being evil.I'm aiming more for a 90's X-Men feel to the group but with their eyes wide open to the world

BANNED

It is time to create an All new brotherhood. But it would be a waste to put them in this joke of a book. The O5 need to go back home, period. A new brotherhood and a new Hellfire Club would be great for the Xmen who really need to face actual villains for a change

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I was hoping Magneto would be given a Brotherhood boook. But I think the anti X-Men super villain team notion is played. Being bad for the sake of being bad is really outdated. I always hated the "Evil" part of the name. Besides, Magneto's way of doing things don't really work with Xavier's dream, but a revamped version of the Brotherhood that takes the place of X-Force? Would have worked for me.

The current roster would have been perfect IMO, sans Psylocke and insert Polaris. Maybe add Quinton Quire who might get a kick out of being an outlaw. Quinton with Magneto as a mentor? He'd probably turn into the next Magneto. Hellion maybe? I always thought his growth was stunted after Schism.
    I can't help but think that the real reason the X Men no longer seem to have a 'villain' roster is because Marvel have reinvented them AS the villains.

Just look at AvX, Axis and how many bets there'll be a forthcoming X Men versus Inhumans book which they'll be the 'bad guys'?

The entire cast of Uncanny X Men are ruthless killers, Psylocke included, Colossus and Nightcrawler have been 'reinvented' as less moral characters, and Wolverine has been replaced by an older version of himself who has more dark secrets than the original. The Avengers are the shiny heroes of the 'new age', the X Men are borderline bad guys.