Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hooray, Mr. Bendis continues his march across the Marvel Universe disregarding or out and out ignoring all that came before him. His arrival on Ironman fills me with such excitement, in fact I greatly look forward to seeing him "Bendisize" yet another beloved title he touches. The man writes with a seemly scorched earth policy regarding the blood, sweet and history that went into the Marvel Universe prior to his arrival. On the plus side the art work looks nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    Marquez surprised me here. Having only seen his stuff in some X-Men comic (either All-New or something tied to Battle of the Atom), I wasn't into it. It seemed like he had trouble on layouts especially and his art was kinda flat. Here? It looks friggin' gorgeous. I'm kinda disappointed that Friday is just another snarky AI, since I really like her design.
    Marquez's work on ANXM is nowhere near as good as some of his more recent stuff. Check out Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man if you need proof.

This preview looks really great. It at least touches on many of the previous runs and even gives a reason for not using the Bleeding Edge Armor design.

Regarding Tonys real parents, I find that a rather interesting storyline because in the recent years much of Tonys genius was atributet to genetics. Gillen at first crackened that up so much that it hurt and the he let if go alltogether, which was rather delightfull in my mind.

And yes, Fractions run was epic, as was Ellis and Michelins run as well.
    My Blog about comics, games and stuff in german: Nerdenthum

Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I like Madame Masque - I think she was used pretty well in Fraction's Hawkeye. (A lot better than he used her in his Iron Man, for sure!)

I'm not sure how to feel about this.
    Iron Man at a low point instead of on top of the world: good
    Trying to do an actually sleek armor instead of weird 90s bulky stuff: good
    New love interest: (I'll see where this goes)
    New A.I.:
    No sign of Rhodey:
    Carrying on with the ... weirdly handled Gillen adoption storyline:
    I laughed at this. It's the first 3 pages where Tony is talking to himself and a computer, don't get sad yet.

Oh, and Friday was invented in the comics:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Friday_(Earth-616)

Are of those suits to the right of him new suits or old ones? Every so often we see him looking through the old suits, and it always reminds me of the Iron Man/Doctor Doom mini series where he supposedly destroyed them all.

I'm trying to figure out the line "I'm supposed to be so ahead of the curve no one else can see the curve." I feel like it should really be "I'm supposed to be so ahead of the curve that I can't even see the curve."

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So it's the Modular Armor of the 90's animated series Mark 2 ?
    It certainly seems that way. Except now, instead of modifying the suit himself based on mission stats, he can modify it on the fly (perhaps literally). The color changing seems new either way.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I see no reason why first 4 pages (first image is two-pages spread I think?) have to be boring. Its not that this is a set-up, but that everything it mentioned is standard stuff for Iron Man. Wheres the hook?
    I think the pages that have been provided showcase the direction for the comic. Tony's dating. He's developed a new armor, and we learn in what way it's special. He's developed a new A.I. He'll be going on a journey to find his parents. Comics can't be action every page. There has to be some room for exposition, especially in a preview that's been released to to pitch the comic to the general readership.

I like what I saw here. The way Marquez draws really sells this comic to me.

Unless Tony Stark is the son of Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter, there's no way to top the more natural Howard Stark and Peggy Carter. I have a feeling if Marvel goes with more obscure names this will be seen as a ridiculous own goal shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Unless Tony Stark is the son of Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter, there's no way to top the more natural Howard Stark and Peggy Carter. I have a feeling if Marvel goes with more obscure names this will be seen as a ridiculous own goal shortly.
    He could be Reeds brother or even Peters

He could be related to Doom or Xavier.

there are endless posibilites and the most important thing is to tell a story, not to satisfy fanboys.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Not gonna lie, not at all excited for this, calling it this run will be extremely bad.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

BANNED

I'm excited for a new change to Iron man, he's been so crap for years.

I don't think this will be the flagship Marvel thinks though, Spider-man will out sell this 2-1 and always will.

Sooner they realise the movie characters don't always mean huge comic sales the better.

Amazing Member

I'm cautiously optimistic. I like that Marvel wants to give Iron Man a solid push but, on the other hand, Bendis is such a polarizing writer. I hope he brings his A game, he can't be worse than Fraction.. right?

All-New Member

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but wasn't Tony still mind swapped at the end of Superior? Hopefully, the end of Secret Wars will explain everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Briollo View Post
    Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but wasn't Tony still mind swapped at the end of Superior? Hopefully, the end of Secret Wars will explain everything.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...cible-iron-man

Tom Taylor's "Superior Iron Man" series was brought up next, with the team being asked how much that version of Tony will feed into this one. "I've been on top of this since he started 'Superior,'" said Bendis. "Everything in that run will be touched upon. Things in our book will happen because of that one. Nothing from Tony's life, in terms of continuity, will be ignored."

Honestly, after this...where can Tony's armor go? This is the all powerful armor. Tony did it, he can't really go anywhere else from here.