Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So when Franklin and Valeria used the Dragon Balls to restore Earth, did they decide to reverse Tony's inversion?

All-New Member

Thanks. Guess I should read and not just skim.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Honestly, after this...where can Tony's armor go? This is the all powerful armor. Tony did it, he can't really go anywhere else from here.
    Wasn't the original Extremis armor interpreted by Bendis in his Avengers run able to basically hack into and the run the entire world, until it all came crashing down during Secret Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Starocotes View Post
    Oh, and Friday was invented in the comics:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Friday_(Earth-616)
    I'm guessing FRIDAY is going to be Tony's comic substitute for JARVIS from the films (since comic-JARVIS is Pepper's supporting AI, to my memory).

I miss when Jarvis was an actual person in Tony's life.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I'm guessing FRIDAY is going to be Tony's comic substitute for JARVIS from the films (since comic-JARVIS is Pepper's supporting AI, to my memory).

I miss when Jarvis was an actual person in Tony's life.
    Kind of sad considering how Jarvis was a Skrull for a while before he went back to being his boring butler self. I mean when was the last time we had a good Jarvis storyline and not a moment where he was in peril due to the Avengers actions ?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I thought Fraction's run was epic. Also the Warren Ellis/Knuaf's series was frigging amazing as well. I got to say. For someone who a lot of people say have no definitive run and has the weakest rogues gallery, Tony Stark/Iron Man has sure proven to be a long lasting and iconic character.
    Ellis was extraordinary, but only 6 issues long, yet is the closest the character has to a definitive run. The Knaufs were brilliant, but they weren't really big comic names before taking over, and sadly Marvel seems all but content to ignore that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Kind of sad considering how Jarvis was a Skrull for a while before he went back to being his boring butler self. I mean when was the last time we had a good Jarvis storyline and not a moment where he was in peril due to the Avengers actions ?
    I think the reason he doesn't appear that much is that he's been basically dropped as an Iron Man supporting cast member, partially because of his AI status in the movies and as Rescue's AI, and because most Avengers stories don't use him anymore. Remender was the last writer to use him in AXIS, and presumably he's still working in Avengers Tower rather than the Mansion, but that's about it.

If Waid is really intending for ANAD Avengers to have more of a classic feel compared to the last few main Avengers runs, featuring Jarvis would be a good way of accomplishing that .

Amazing Member

I've just realized something just now after looking at this preview and the recent Secret Wars issue. Is this 1610 Tony Stark? Because I clearly remember 616 Iron Man still being a dick and in a symbiotic armour which is a part of him, but this version isn't.

Did Marvel somehow killed off 616 Tony Stark just so Bendis can bring in 1610 Tony Stark? Because if he did then mutha fucker what has that man done!?

Also, AI Friday is sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I think the pages that have been provided showcase the direction for the comic. Tony's dating. He's developed a new armor, and we learn in what way it's special. He's developed a new A.I. He'll be going on a journey to find his parents. Comics can't be action every page. There has to be some room for exposition, especially in a preview that's been released to to pitch the comic to the general readership.
    I'm not saying that it needs action, I'm saying that it needs hook. Tony dating someone and developing new armors is basically same as me getting to work today.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman87 View Post
    I've just realized something just now after looking at this preview and the recent Secret Wars issue. Is this 1610 Tony Stark? Because I clearly remember 616 Iron Man still being a dick and in a symbiotic armour which is a part of him, but this version isn't.

Did Marvel somehow killed off 616 Tony Stark just so Bendis can bring in 1610 Tony Stark? Because if he did then mutha fucker what has that man done!?

Also, AI Friday is sexy
    This is 616 Tony. Secret Wars inverted the inversions.

I'm really hoping that Bendis addresses Superior considering the way that it ended and the fact that Tony seems to be back to normal in the preview.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm really hoping that Bendis addresses Superior considering the way that it ended and the fact that Tony seems to be back to normal in the preview.
    I wanted to know is why Tony's adopted now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It will be, it what capacity remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman87 View Post
    I wanted to know is why Tony's adopted now?

That was in Gillens run.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Ma...Tony%22_Stark)
    My Blog about comics, games and stuff in german: Nerdenthum

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Are of those suits to the right of him new suits or old ones? Every so often we see him looking through the old suits, and it always reminds me of the Iron Man/Doctor Doom mini series where he supposedly destroyed them all.
    Weirdly, they all seem to be suits from Iron Man 3 with the exception of the Marvel NOW black and gold one.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Weirdly, they all seem to be suits from Iron Man 3 with the exception of the Marvel NOW black and gold one.
    Actually I think the Black/Gold one is the Mark 20 (Python) from Iron Man 3.
    My Blog about comics, games and stuff in german: Nerdenthum