Recovering Sociopath ultimate_spider's Avatar

Default What do you guys consider to be the definitive conclusion?

I've been reading/collecting Ultimate for the past few years (have like 99% of it in single issues) and I'm considering it to be done after SW and Ultimate End conclude. I was just wondering what you guys consider to be the end? MMUSM #12? Ultimate End #5? Or does it still continue for you with ANADA, the Miles Morales Spider-Man book, and the Web Warriors title coming out later? Are you guys obsessed with acquiring it all, and if so, where does it begin and end for you?

Amazing Member

I consider the end to be Secret Wars #1 and whatever Last Days titles have Ultimate characters in them. I really don't care about what happens to whichever characters make the jump to 616 after the end of SW - Ultimate chracaters are nothing without the Ultimate Universe.

I have to say I'm beginning to wish it ended with Ultimatum.
    I'm with the douche!

Recovering Sociopath ultimate_spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    I consider the end to be Secret Wars #1 and whatever Last Days titles have Ultimate characters in them. I really don't care about what happens to whichever characters make the jump to 616 after the end of SW - Ultimate chracaters are nothing without the Ultimate Universe.
    I don't care about Ultimate characters in the 616 either. I didn't buy any of the ANXM issues when they were in the UU. I guess I consider any issue that is titled Ultimate or any event that is at least 50% Ultimate (Spider-Men, SW main book and Ultimate End, etc) to be worth adding to the collection. I was on the fence about Spider-verse for a bit, but then I decided that it's a multiverse-wide event and not Ultimate focused.

More and more I'm deciding it ended with SW #1. Ultimate End is just not doing it for me and it really isn't a fitting ending for a universe as prolific and influential as the UU. Every issue I read makes me sadder that the UU will never return to its glory days.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I'm with the Secret Wars #1 people, too. It' the perfect end for the UU - going out in a blaze of glory. I wish it could have been longer than just a few pages, but I think it's the best we could have hoped for all things considered.

BANNED

Secret Wars #1 was the ending.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_spider View Post
    I don't care about Ultimate characters in the 616 either. I didn't buy any of the ANXM issues when they were in the UU. I guess I consider any issue that is titled Ultimate or any event that is at least 50% Ultimate (Spider-Men, SW main book and Ultimate End, etc) to be worth adding to the collection. I was on the fence about Spider-verse for a bit, but then I decided that it's a multiverse-wide event and not Ultimate focused.
    I read all of Spider-Verse because Miles and Jessica were in it. It wasn't worth it at all - taken out of the UU, all they are is just another couple of spider-characters. And the UU itself is only featured in a couple of pages in the main series.

Fantastic Member

Ultimate End should have been a Last Days, giving closure to the UU as the world came to an end.