Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Robbie has the same powers as other Ghost Riders.
    Same aesthetic, but different source, and not 100% similar power/usage.

Speaking of, I would hope that Robbie sticks around post-Secret Wars.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-06-2015 at 05:49 PM.

Uh the runaways. Nico and Molly definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The book is selling below the cancellation range. I'm not sure how well it's doing digitally.
    Her book may not sell as well as others but the character herself has appeared outside of comics in cartoons and games. So I consider that a-bit of mainstream success. Also her book is still gunna be around after SW and she's gunna be on a ANAD team book. So like her or not the little nut is sticking around. ;3

If I were working for Marvel they would have several new characters- heroes and villains.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Miles Morales
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

Well, you say recent years, but the Sentry character is fifteen years old now, give or take. His first mini, the "hoax" one, came out in 2000, IIRC.
    The character I really like from recent years? (Apart from Sentry. I'm one of those loyal fans somebody above me spoke of), is probably Adam Brashear, the Blue Marvel. He is definitely going places. And I'm on board with the Ulitmates comic, just as I was with Mighty Avengers, to basically team-follow Adam. Same as I did with Sentry, coincidentally. Look how THAT ended up.
    Blue Marvel fans? Pray Bendis never gets his hands on Adam!

No love for Fantomex here then, no? I always thought he was kinda cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    I agree that Sentry is a good example. He has waned, for sure, but he is firmly established. It may take 25 years for a resurgence like it did for Jessica Drew, but he is a good example.

While characters may not be "legacy" characters in the sense that they are carrying on the legacy of a predecessor using the same name, it doesn't mean they are original, which is what the OP is asking. X-23 is girl Wolverine and Daken is evil Wolverine. Of course, that doesn't mean they can't be made more than that, but neither of them would exist without the template from which they were forged. That's the point of the post. It doesn't matter how great (or not) these characters may be. You can be a clone-character and still be great (e.g. She-Hulk), but the point is, it's rare to see a new character introduced be successful that isn't anchored to an established character whether explicitly taking up the mantle (e.g. Scott Lang), nominally (e.g. Kamala Khan), having nearly-identical powers (i.e. Daken), or a combination of two or more of these factors (e.g. Kate Bishop, Miles Morales).

Also, I don't know what some of your guys' definition of "recent years" is, but Squirrel Girl and Deadpool are both from '91.
    Exactly.

Some legacy characters aren't all that similar to whoever held the mantle before them, but they are still legacy characters. They still get a bump from using a legacy identity, rather than a wholly original one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    Blue Marvel - His profile is definitely rising. Has a heroclix figure on the way.

Kamala Khan - She's not a legacy to Carol. Will be a playable character on Lego Avengers.

Jessica Jones - She's got her own show.
    Definitely. Blue Marvel has star potential. In fact the only way I can imagine him not being a star is if Marvel simply chooses to bury him.

Jessica Jones ...I'm not sure but her profile will definitely rise considering the character will have a Netflix series. Whether the show will make the character a popular comic character ....I'm not sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Definitely. Blue Marvel has star potential. In fact the only way I can imagine him not being a star is if Marvel simply chooses to bury him.

Jessica Jones ...I'm not sure but her profile will definitely rise considering the character will have a Netflix series. Whether the show will make the character a popular comic character ....I'm not sure.
    Imagine Captain Marvel who has star potential ever since Roger Stern and JR JR launched her from the ground running.

Not only is she popular and will only get more popular but Silk is probably the best comic character created in the twenty first century and maybe in marvel's existence

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Blue Marvel seems to have the most potential if we're not counting Ms. Marvel.

Jessica Jones as well, though I don't see why tbh. Never thought her interesting enough to warrant a Netflix series. Only ever had one decent run.
    I think that's the reason she's getting a Netflix series. That one run should be relatively easy to adapt to the Netflix format.

---

To answer the OP's question, I think Deadpool is the last one to have proven success, if we're not counting Ms. Marvel. Other characters that have been created could emerge to hold their own, but it will take time and dedication by creators to get those characters into the spotlight more. Plus they need to appear in other media.

I don't know because whay do you mean vy recent, half the ones people naming are were created before 2005 and the others are legacy characters. The only one that is original is Alpha, but he was run out of town (literally into Philly) by fans.