Spectacular Member

Default Batman Second Chances

I did enjoy reading Second Chances over the weekend.
    I didn't see the story where Jason chucks someone of a roof though. Is this to appear in another volume?

Also Am I correct in thinking aside from this the only other Jason collections (from his time as Robin) are:
    Ten Nights of the beast
    The Cult
    Tales of the batman by Alan Davies
    Death in the Family.

I realise "All my enemies against me" is in "Batman: the greatest stories ever told 2" but this is pre crisis and has his parents murdered by Croc, which contradicts the events of Second Chances.

The Jason throwing a guy off a roof takes place in "The Diplomat's Son" from Batman #424. While nothing has been solicited to my knowledge, another volume bridging the gap between Second Chances and Death in the Family would be great (collecting #417-425), though it would orphan Batman #430 as far as Starlin's run goes.

I believe you listed all of the collections that have Jason as Robin before he died, as far as post-Crisis appearances in Batman go.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    I did enjoy reading Second Chances over the weekend.
    I didn't see the story where Jason chucks someone of a roof though. Is this to appear in another volume?
    Very likely it will be in another volume assuming this one sells well enough, which I really hope it does. The collection of this part of Batman has been long overdue in my opinion so I'm glad to see it happening now. The story you are talking about happens in Batman #424 and it's really left very unclear as to whether Jason actually pushes Felipe Garzonas from the balcony or if he merely slips and falls to his death with Jason not making a move to save him either because things happened to quickly for him to react or because he felt the guy's life was not worth saving.

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    Also Am I correct in thinking aside from this the only other Jason collections (from his time as Robin) are:
    Ten Nights of the beast
    The Cult
    Tales of the batman by Alan Davies
    Death in the Family.

I realise "All my enemies against me" is in "Batman: the greatest stories ever told 2" but this is pre crisis and has his parents murdered by Croc, which contradicts the events of Second Chances.
    I believe that's all of them but I'm not really sure as I have most of the Jason Todd as Robin issues as singles so I haven't gotten around to getting any trades other than The Cult.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-06-2015 at 07:18 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

This book was promoted as a collection of Max Alan Collins work so I think that's why they cut off before Diplomats Son. But yeah there probably is just enough to do a follow up volume of the in-betweener Starlin issues.

Or a larger volume including 10 Nights of the Beast up to Diplomats Son, since you know, he'll be popping up in a little movie called Batman V Superman soon....

Fantastic Member

I think #424 is in anniversary Robin book.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    This book was promoted as a collection of Max Alan Collins work so I think that's why they cut off before Diplomats Son.
    And if they left that as Batman by Collins (since it doesn't even reprint entire Annual) and save all of Starlin's run for separate book, it would be great. But no.