Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

True that. They need to sit down and come up with a nice six year plan for Spider-Man that doesn't involve taking weird risks like having the parents play a big role.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Venom. Spider-Man 3 botched this character so badly that he may as well be unexplored territory. Go with the Ultimate origin story and he'll be practically entirely new. You can even potentially give him the (speculated) Bucky Barnes treatment and make him a hero further down the road. Agent Venom film? Guardians of the Galaxy tie-in? I know how you like it, MCU.

Mary Jane. I suspect she'll be back in a big way after the Gwen-centric ASM movies. I'd be surprised if they even bother with Gwen, although there's potential for some high school romance love triangle there. It would at home with the "John Hughes vibe" they're supposedly going for. But yes, give us MJ.

Daily Bugle and JJJ. I'd love for JK Simmons to return but I doubt Marvel has any interest in carrying anything over from Sony's work. But don't flat-out ignore the character like ASM did. If you insist on re-casting, so be it but don't rob us of such an integral character to Peter's story!

I have a hard time imagining high school Peter without Harry Osborn by his side. I know we've had two incarnations of the character already, but if they introduce him just as Peter's friend for awhile I think that'll be fine. Don't do anything Goblin related until the sequel or third movie, and when you do? Ultimate Goblin. We've already had two (three if you count James Franco) Goblins on gliders and the visual has gotten old. Ultimate Goblin may not be the most popular version of the character but at least he'll be fresh for the movie audience.

New villains! It's a shame that ASM likely robbed of us seeing Electro/Lizard in the MCU but there's still some fun to be had. Mysterio, Kraven, Vulture, Scorpion, Rhino, Morbius, maybe even Morlun eventually!

I want to see D'Onofrio's Kingpin eventually show up. And Black Cat! No one's done Felicia Hardy on the big screen yet. Now's your chance, MCU.

Perhaps minor villain cameos. I think Sony actually had a worthy idea with the little Rhino stinger at the end of ASM2, their biggest mistake was marketing the character as if he had any major significance in the film. But I think it'd be neat to see a MCU Spidey movie open up with him thwarting something like a Shocker-led bank robbery and sending him off to jail, and that's it for him.

Just some ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's more that having multiple main villains are the problem.

Superman 2 - Zod was the main antagonist with Ursa and Non as his lackeys. Luthor was the secondary antagonist.

Each of the Nolan films had only one main antagonist

Spider-Man 3 had Sandman, Harry and Venom struggling for the role as the main antagonist.
    And ASM2 for the most part had Electro as the main villain, but then you had Harry and (especially) Rhino tacked onto the story which kinda sabotaged all three villains.

Astonishing Member

1. One MAIN villain. There can be a minor villain for a "James Bond opening", that is fine. The main villain can have henchmen, that is also fine. But there needs to be one clear antagonist.

2. A main villain who isn't tied deeply to Peter's life, or incredibly sympathetic. It's fine to have a gangster like Mister Negative, or someone who just wants fame and power like Mysterio. It's fine to have a bad guy who's just some prick Peter's never met before.

3. Lots of focus on Peter's school life and peers. Flash Thompson, Liz Allen, Sally Avril, Betty Brant, Kong, Randy Robertson etc. The previous 5 films didn't get beyond Love Interest, Harry Osborn and Flash Thompson.

4. Differentiate who Peter is around his peers and who he is when he puts on the Spider-Man costume.

5. No Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy. They've been done enough. Save them for the sequels.

6. In fact, no grand romances. Peter is a high school student. It's fine for him to just have a crush on that one girl who smiled at him in English class, or Black Cat because she has nice cleavage.

7. Doing the right thing as Spider-Man should have a negative impact on Peter Parker's personal life. "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

8. Bring back JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson. A lot of people have become burned out on Spider-Man movies, but this would win over even the most cynical.

9. Underarm webs.
    Last edited by Lee; 08-06-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    1. One MAIN villain. There can be a minor villain for a "James Bond opening", that is fine. The main villain can have henchmen, that is also fine. But there needs to be one clear antagonist.

2. A main villain who isn't tied deeply to Peter's life, or incredibly sympathetic. It's fine to have a gangster like Mister Negative, or someone who just wants fame and power like Mysterio. It's fine to have a bad guy who's just some prick Peter's never met before.

3. Lots of focus on Peter's school life and peers. Flash Thompson, Liz Allen, Sally Avril, Betty Brant, Kong, Randy Robertson etc. The previous 5 films didn't get beyond Love Interest, Harry Osborn and Flash Thompson.

4. Differentiate who Peter is around his peers and who he is when he puts on the Spider-Man costume.

5. No Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy. They've been done enough. Save them for the sequels.

6. In fact, no grand romances. Peter is a high school student. It's fine for him to just have a crush on that one girl who smiled at him in English class, or Black Cat because she has nice cleavage.

7. Doing the right thing as Spider-Man should have a negative impact on Peter Parker's personal life. "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

8. Bring back JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson. A lot of people have become burned out on Spider-Man movies, but this would win over even the most cynical.

9. Underarm webs.
    Well said. I started typing out a list, but stopped when I saw most of what I'd like to see reflected in this post.

I'd also like to see more of Robbie Robertson. Depending on what happens in Daredevil Season Two, it could be neat to bring the Kingpin in as a main antagonist in the MU. Spider-Man also seems like a good place for Daredevil to show up, if they want to bring him to film, especially if Civil War shows that crossover movies can be successful. It could be cool to start the movie with Spider-Man foiling a Shocker bank robbery before the opening credits to get the audience hyped from the start with a dynamic action sequence.

Oh, and bring back Danny Elfman to compose the score.

Astonishing Member

Take inspiration from The Spectacular Spider-Man. Best ever adaptation.

BANNED

Make it more light hearted and enthusiastic, I feel a lot of what makes Spider-Man work generally apart from the real life aspect is Spidey is a fun and cheerful superhero, a lot of the comics/movies(starting with Ultimate) try to make Spider-Man the second coming of Batman or Mark Millareqse nowadays, I think Spidey should stick to a Marvel Adventures format where Spidey sticks out as one of the few non edgy superheroes in the market now and not as serious and dramatic as people have portrayed him. It would attracts more casuals to have Spider-Man as a fundamental lighter and softer take to someone like Captain America or even Superman nowadays, heck I'd make him Squirrel Girlesqe just to see what sort of antics he makes outside of Spidey.

Make his supporting cast more involved in Peters life even as Spiderman, somehow they all have a part to play than just casual decorations to develop Parker's mundane life and how much trivial at times they make it harder for him. This time, make May a hero like Spidey(I like the secret agent angle), and make MJ or Betty Brant metahuman to compliment Peter's ultimate purpose.

I'd make Spidey's enemies smarter if not more experienced. Peter fights idiots and wastes his time on two bit crooks or people who are superhuman but simple mindedly stupid, Peter is marginally stronger and faster than all of them save for some enemies, so to make them better and more competent, make them geniuses or ace professionals in there own right so it will feel Peter comes out even more impressive and inspiring, since he'll be a kid and all, he'll look like a genius amongst superheroes that have beaten ace supervillians in his teens.

Bring back JJ and have him at odds with the avengers. It would be a fresh new take to the guy, than just hating on Peter for stupid reasons, however he still marginally mistrusts spidey because he finds him the same as the avengers without any consideration of the environment he destroys in combat.

All-New Member

No MJ, Gwen Stacy, Osborn, or Venom. Been there, done that. Much like the Nolan Batman reboot, time to pull out an obscure (to the public) adversary and develop a good story around that. Bringing Black Cat into the MCU could definitely work.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    No MJ, Gwen Stacy, Osborn, or Venom. Been there, done that. Much like the Nolan Batman reboot, time to pull out an obscure (to the public) adversary and develop a good story around that. Bringing Black Cat into the MCU could definitely work.
    Bane, Joker, Scarecrow and Two-Face were obscure?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    Well said. I started typing out a list, but stopped when I saw most of what I'd like to see reflected in this post.

I'd also like to see more of Robbie Robertson. Depending on what happens in Daredevil Season Two, it could be neat to bring the Kingpin in as a main antagonist in the MU. Spider-Man also seems like a good place for Daredevil to show up, if they want to bring him to film, especially if Civil War shows that crossover movies can be successful. It could be cool to start the movie with Spider-Man foiling a Shocker bank robbery before the opening credits to get the audience hyped from the start with a dynamic action sequence.

Oh, and bring back Danny Elfman to compose the score.
    I thought Kingpin would've been a great choice before I saw Daredevil. I know the character has a lot more character development than most villains but I think that also makes him less intimidating. He just seems like a big baby to me. Would've been a great new character but really just didn't seem like the kinpin to me.

All-New Member

I meant the first Nolan Batman movie. Ra's Al Ghul is an obscure Batman villain to the non-comic reading public. Scarecrow may not be as obscure, but he's not an A-lister either.

Minimal interaction and references to pre-existing MCU-stories and characters . Spider-Man has one of the very best supporitng casts and "worlds" to inhabit in popuar fiction, no need to dilute that with shoehorned Robert Downey Jr cameos and references to "The Battle of New York".

Astonishing Member

Spider Man origin not being linked to villain of the movie.
    Having Spider Man origin be set in the Oscorp Industries was boring.
    I like more when the stories do not get mashed up,as the hero origin with the villain for example.
    A new villain or at least a completely diferent characterisation of villains that had apeared before in the movies.
    A large suporting cast as Gwen,Harry,Flash,Betty Brant,J.J.J.,Mary Jane,Betty Brant,Harry and Liz Allen.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I think Mysterio would be a good starter villain.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Obscure to the public?

Definitely in the case of Scarecrow (maybe bane)