Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Josh Trank tweeted this about an hour ago, then deleted it. I took a screenshot since I had a feeling it wasn't long for this world:

It's nice to hear what he really thinks. However, I haven't liked any of what were purported to be his ideas. His agent never should've let him near this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    Josh Trank tweeted this about an hour ago, then deleted it. I took a screenshot since I had a feeling it wasn't long for this world:

Josh Trank - way to keep it classy! I'm sure he had nothing to do with the movie that critics have been destroying. But, I'm betting he was picked by the studio because he was a young, up-and-comer and because they probably believed he could deliver a decent movie on the cheap. I think that's why the "grounded" term was being brought up on many occasions when trying to describe the movie. It sounds like there is very little action in the movie and that the CGI is pretty bad. Wonder if it will make $100 million domestically? I'm betting even a really bad super-hero movie will make $250 million world-wide though. We'll see.

Sure hope Fox is willing to throw in FF movie rights in the negotiations with Marvel about making an X-Men television series.

I keep hearing it's not getting a China release this year as they've already hit their quota for movies they'll import, any source confirming it? Because if so I wouldn't bet on the international market saving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I keep hearing it's not getting a China release this year as they've already hit their quota for movies they'll import, any source confirming it? Because if so I wouldn't bet on the international market saving it.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/...o?ref_=tt_ql_9

No China release date. They only allow 34 American films a year. Looks like Fantastic Four didn't make the cut.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

If this is genuine, it speaks volumes on how bad this movie will be. Trank is getting out ahead of this and trying to minimize his role inthis debacle. Everyone could see this coming. Whoever was in charge of quality control must have been asleep at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
    If this is genuine, it speaks volumes on how bad this movie will be. Trank is getting out ahead of this and trying to minimize his role inthis debacle. Everyone could see this coming. Whoever was in charge of quality control must have been asleep at the wheel.
    It's genuine. It's appeared on a few websites already. I'm guessing Fox made him delete the tweet.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=123708
    http://nerdist.com/josh-trank-to-fan...rsion-of-this/
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

I mean I just saw the movie. It isn't terrible by any means. I'd probably rate it 2 out of 5 stars.

I really do hate Victor Von Doom in this movie as he looked dumb and his powers were way over the top and not what I think he's supposed to be known for. But at least his name is Von Doom and he's from Latveria.

CGI was meh but not terrible to me.

Reed was okay, Thing was sulky the entire time, Johnny wasn't nearly as interesting as his former counterpart and Sue was okay I guess.

The lead up to the machine was fine, using it and getting their powers was good it was when Doom showed up it got really bad to me and then the ending was pretty cringeworthy.

Have to say I'd prefer the original movies for sure.

Does it even count as a Marvel movie if Stan Lee didn't make an appearance? (Could have missed him, but I didn't notice).

Jesus. He's almost as bad as some professional athletes. Like, I get that he got ripped online to an obscene degree, but don't lash out. It's only going to be used against you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    It isn't terrible by any means. I'd probably rate it 2 out of 5 stars.
    2/5 is pretty much a "D" grade. So, not "terrible," just plain "bad"?

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    2/5 is pretty much a "D" grade. So, not "terrible," just plain "bad"?
    Yeah that'd probably be accurate. But I guess I'm sounding light because except for a very very few exceptions I enjoy about any movie I watch.

Trank's final appearance on the Fatman on Batman podcast next week should certainly be interesting. He and Kevin Smith have done a 4 parter over the last month, detailing everything he'a done creatively. And thankfully it's done in real time (not done in one go and chopped up), so we should get some genuine dirt on what went down soon.

Excellent, now we just need this movie to flop and Fox might finally consider selling back to Marvel.

Dang. Didn't think Fantastic 4 would be THAT bad. Shame. This is one of my favorite comic creations of all time and they still haven't gotten their due. At least Fox is probably giving up at this point at trying to make this work, if they ever tried in the first place. The rights need to revert back to Marvel Studios ASAP. Too bad it won't be in time for Infinity War. I haven't seen the film, but from what I've heard it's not worth my salt. Tired of seeing this franchise shitted on.

I'm pleased that this movie looks like a bomb, right out the gate. I like Teller, MBJ and Jamie Bell. I love Chronicle and what Trank did with that movie. I know that each one of them will be able to leave this turd in their rear-view mirrors.

At this point, it seems pretty clear that Marvel Studios/Disney does not need anything from Fox. While Fox fumbles around trying to make movies work, Marvel Studios can continue doing business as usual.

Nothing is written in stone, but MS does have a plan for the MCU until 2019. They didn't need Spider-Man, but I am certain they are really happy to have Spidey involved in some way. Despite how much fun I had watching FF:RotSS, all the live-action F4 movies have been pretty bad. Fox made an average movie about Daredevil and the licensing deals eventually lapsed and went back to Marvel. Marvel waited a while and finally found what they felt was the right outlet for Daredevil, namely a MA-rated show on Netflix. I think they've done well with the show, given there's a season 2.

I don't mind Fox owning movie license for the X-Men. As far as I am concerned, if they can just give more spotlight to some of the other X-Men (I want more attention on Cyclops, Storm, Psylocke, Colossus, Gambit and Rogue) and keep the tone of the movie like that of X-Men, X2, First Class and DoFP, then I will gladly keep going to every Fox produced X-Men movie. I don't even care if they never set foot in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Give them a bit more colour in their outfits and expand that spotlight and I will continue watching Fox.

Marvel would love to have full control of F4. I am more than optimistic now that they will have full control of F4 like they do with Daredevil. I am just counting the days. Fox really messed up with this movie. Stay strong, Marvel Studios. Don't negotiate for anything. Ant-Man has better domestic numbers than The Wolverine. Let that sink in. Stay strong and keep focus on plans until 2019.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/