• Hate it

11 22.92%
  • Depends

13 27.08%
  • Don't Care

4 8.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

No, it doesn't. It's just an unnecessary accessory in this day and age.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    No, it doesn't. It's just an unnecessary accessory in this day and age.
    As oppose to what? A generic power like flight? or giving her essentially the same origin as Hercules or about a billion other greek demigods. At least the invisible plane is something that is distinctive and exclusive to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    As oppose to what? A generic power like flight? or giving her essentially the same origin as Hercules or about a billion other greek demigods. At least the invisible plane is something that is distinctive and exclusive to her.
    Having flight under her own power is far more useful than having to drag several tons of steel around everywhere she goes. Why do you think Batman only drives to the area he has to work in before getting out?

I'm one of those who love a flying Wonder Woman, I just find that it takes something from her that she doesn't fly.

Of course, maybe she'd just jump around most of the time, just because she likes it better, but I really like the fact that she's also able to fly but won't really rely on it most of the time.

I like the idea of her flying judiciously.

On the other hand, I like the invisible plane concept though I don't want a simple design for the plane and it would really depend on the story of the machine, I just don't want it to be there for no reason like in the animated movie. I don't know, maybe if she was to go on a mission that requires stealth, the IP would be pertinent, and maybe she wouldn't be in her WW armor but in her Diana Prince identity, like a spy.

But as Wonder Woman, I have hard time picturing her in her Greco-roman garb with a plane. It doesn't make sense to me, I'd rather she fly then.
    Last edited by enish; 08-07-2015 at 12:47 AM.

Spectacular Member

Yes, it's mostly cringe. Just have her fly by her own ability (that she got from Hermes).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    I'll take a non-flying Wonder Woman if it means that she hails from an advanced society that designed the invisible plane, and as long as they've got a good reason for doing away with it other than just because Superman flies and there're another batch of flying superheroes waiting in the wings. Obviously, both would be amazing and perhaps somewhere along the road Hermes will supply it to her.
    So flying makes her like Superman, but making the Amazons low rent scifi Kryptonians is fine?

Well, if the Jet is invisible, but not the people inside, then yes; otherwise i think is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Narrative View Post
    So flying makes her like Superman, but making the Amazons low rent scifi Kryptonians is fine?
    What do you mean the amazons before post crisis were always advance tech. However, we should give them differences between the others who use advance tech .

I don't follow your logic?

And I just don't understand what is so bad with her flying anyway. Superman used to jump high before he could fly. The Amazons having high tech could also make them too much like Kryptonians, so the argument is not valid.

She's been flying for quite some time now. Add in the invisible plane if the story makes sense, I'm all for it, but I'm personally taken aback when I read things like "WW flying makes her too much like Superman".
    Do her eyes shoot laser beams? Does she have cold breath? Does she have solar flare explosion? Does the sun give her her powers? Is she vulnerable to kryptonite? Does she have a cape all the time?

No. But yeah, She's super-strong and super-fast. She's supposedly immortal or at least a long-life kind of person. She masters all sorts of armed and unarmed combat techniques. She also happens to be a deity of war. Among other traits of course, she's her own hero and that's what matters to me.

So back to the invisible jet, I wouldn't be sad if it ever went away but I don't mind it as long as the explanation is acceptable enough for me!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you mean the amazons before post crisis were always advance tech. However, we should give them differences between the others who use advance tech .

Amazons also engaged in homoerotic bondage and lost their strength when men bound them, so...........

BANNED

Perhaps in Snyder's eyes it would've. They set up Superman as this God who's high up in sky, maybe another flying super strong woman would undermine that. And they have a whole crop of flying powerhouses coming up so maybe they thought they needed one less flying superhero, plus it's easier to strip it off Wonder Woman. Can you imagine a non-flying Shazam or a non-flying Martian Manhunter? For some reason a non-flying Wonder Woman is perfectly fine

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i think the idea of the invisible jet is kinda cool when done a certain way. she looks absolutely ridiculous when the plane is invisible but she's still visible. in a sitting position holding onto nothing flying through the air. if the jet cloaks the pilot as well it would be pretty cool. Matt Wagner used it that way in his Trinity story and i believe it was used in that way in the Crisis on 2 Earths animated movie. a door opens up seemingly out of the sky and Wonder Woman steps out. kind of a cool image.
    Alex Ross did the same thing in the Truth story as well.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    When was it ever proven that Wonder Woman was still visible while in the plane? Those depictions were for viewer/reader benefit and nothing more, I believe.
    I believe that was the original intent as well, but for some reason readers and some artists took those images literally?

Amazons also engaged in homoerotic bondage and lost their strength when men bound them, so...........

I know that but it would be cool to see some mystic advance tech. Like in order to keep the Doom Gate in check they created machines in a seems that works on the magic by using purple crystals to reserve the Doom Gate magic. I mean I always see her Jet has one of these options when she is suppose to carry large moment of stuff or traveling in far out space. Other than that let her fly
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-09-2015 at 10:24 PM.

I don't think so. All the big heroes have at least one thing that's unnecessary and bit silly. Diana'a got the jet. Superman's got his cape. Batman has Robin.