View Poll Results: Which of the is the best Spider-Man storyline?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Death of Jean DeWolff

9 25.71%
  • If This Be My Destiny!

4 11.43%
  • Learning Curve

1 2.86%
  • Spider-Man: Blue

1 2.86%
  • Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut

3 8.57%
  • Spider-Man: Back in Black

2 5.71%
  • Kraven's Last Hunt

6 17.14%
  • Other

9 25.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Grim Hunt was a great story and brings Kraven back in a very good way, but Kraven was forgotten after this. I would love seen more story about Kraven training Ana and trying to built a legacy to his family.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Wow, I'm glad this thread picked up some steam! I haven't read KLH yet, which I have ordered and should be arriving tomorrow, but my vote as of right now would be the Death of the Stacys storyline.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watchdog View Post
    Wow, I'm glad this thread picked up some steam! I haven't read KLH yet, which I have ordered and should be arriving tomorrow, but my vote as of right now would be the Death of the Stacys storyline.
    Kraven's Last Hunt aka Fearful Symmetry was / is overrated, wayyy too grandiosely complicatedly dark for Spider-Man, but that is just my opinion, just as I believe Kraven the Hunter was most fun during the Stan Lee / Roy Thomas / Gerry Conway sixties-early seventies period.
    Last edited by ngroove; 08-16-2015 at 10:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Saga View Post
    Grim Hunt was a great story and brings Kraven back in a very good way, but Kraven was forgotten after this. I would love seen more story about Kraven training Ana and trying to built a legacy to his family.
    He was used in a Black Panther storyline, and an early Agent Venom arc where he's riding around on a big raptor, high on prehistoric spider innards, and chucking spears at Flash.

Kraven was also in the final arc of Scarlet Spider, trying to force Kane to kill him since apparently only Kane could since his blood was used for the resurrection and Kraven wanted to die for reasons

I miss Kraven fighting Spider-Man himself instead of one of his "amazing friends".

I was torn between "Destiny", Jean DeWolff, and Kraven's Last Hunt. I picked Destiny (aka the Master Planner saga) because although the other two were awesome stories, the MP sage as a Spider-Man story. The other two could more easily have been retooled slightly for other heroes, especially Jean DeWolff. Lifting the freaking machinery, that was a scene that makes comics history. I also loved seeing Peter telling off Betty at the end. This is the story that showed Peter Parker growing up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Kraven was also in the final arc of Scarlet Spider, trying to force Kane to kill him since apparently only Kane could since his blood was used for the resurrection and Kraven wanted to die for reasons
    It was explained in Grim Hunt. He didn't want to return to life, his wife brought him back because they believe Spider-Man drove him to suicide, rather than him just being batshit crazy.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I was torn between "Destiny", Jean DeWolff, and Kraven's Last Hunt. I picked Destiny (aka the Master Planner saga) because although the other two were awesome stories, the MP sage as a Spider-Man story. The other two could more easily have been retooled slightly for other heroes, especially Jean DeWolff. Lifting the freaking machinery, that was a scene that makes comics history. I also loved seeing Peter telling off Betty at the end. This is the story that showed Peter Parker growing up.
    The Death of Jean DeWolff was really good, especially the Sin Eater character.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by The Watchdog View Post
    "Other" was the winner.
    If you leave out what may be the most popular Marvel comic ever...

http://marvel.com/news/comics/23034/...cs_of_all-time
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets