Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

BANNED

The only hero more vesatile than Plas is the elemental man , metamorpho.

bane is so outclassed in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    From Police Comics #11

This is not only one of my all-time favorite of Cole's title splash pages, but the story it goes along with is absolutely bonkers!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    This is not only one of my all-time favorite of Cole's title splash pages, but the story it goes along with is absolutely bonkers!
    Yeah I wrote up a brief summary in the CCF Plastic Man thread.

The story starts in Olde Timey London where one of doctor Cyrus Smythe's experiments goes horribly wrong leaving his body paralyzed but his mind still conscious. His body is laid to rest however his brain survives trapped in a living hell vowing revenge on all mankind. Flash forward to the present (1942) Tad Wilkins ships off to war. At an airfield near London he is severely injured when an enemy bomb explodes also unearthing Smythe's living brain. His fellow soldiers rush him to the hospital thinking that Smythe's brain belongs to Wilkins. The doctors are able to save him however they assume Wilkins now has amnesia. Smythe resumes his research at Tad's home and Wilkins' family realizes he is acting strangely. Fearing he may kill someone they inform the police and Plastic Man is sent to help where he discovers the family home destroyed, his parents killed and a trail of giant feet and hand prints. Plastic Man follows and finds that Wilkins has turned into a giant. The destruction he causes attracts the attention of Si Ray and his mob who decide to join forces. In their second fight Wilkins eats Plastic Man whole and while inside Plastic Man is able to choke him. Upon dying Wilkin's body shrinks back to normal size however it's revealed that Cyrus Smythe's brain still lives!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That is amazing. Whose?

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Yeah I wrote up a brief summary in the CCF Plastic Man thread.
    Super cool!

I suppose Cole's Plastic Man is the perfect superhero book for me because it's a sort of combination of cool stuff I already love from '40s: gangster and other action pictures, comedy films the era (Woozy's basically Lou Costello, or Frank McHugh; a dude who always played comical sidekicks), as well as the bold cartoon physics of the Looney Tunes and Fleischer shorts.

There's a wonderfully silly gangster/thriller/comedy from 1941 called All Through the Night starring Humphrey Bogart that I think, with slight tweaking, could be a great Plastic Man movie... the changes mostly would involve Bogie having stretchy powers.

Plastic Man is one of my favorite character. How long before he really makes it back in the new 52?

I've got the two trade paperbacks collecting the first 12 issues of Kyle Baker's run. I'll have to hunt down the remaining, uncollected issues.

Now there's a series calling for the deluxe hardcover treatment!

wish plastic man could find the same success as harley quinn did.

the guy is built for comedy.

Lightbulb Slinky BBQ

Let's face it --- one of the reasons that comic books are so intriguing in our modern world is because human society in the modern age is fascinated by strength enhancements (i.e., steroids, genetic engineering, prosthetics, etc.).

This is understandable. After all, our modern world is governed by a demand for muscular flexibility (i.e., eTrade).

Plastic Man (DC Comics) is super-neat. More than Mr. Fantastic (Marvel Comics) and Bane (DC Comics), Plastic Man captures our curiosity about real material manipulation. He can bend and be resilient like plastic itself.

Maybe eco-terrorism comic book characters such as Poison Ivy (DC Comics) and fascism-consciousness characters such as Magneto (Marvel Comics) are taking over in the media today, but Plastic Man remains the ultimate comic book symbol of fun manipulation.

Plastic Man (Comic Vine)

pm.jpg

My all-time favorite Batman moment EVER involves this guy (Batman himself was not actually there). JLA readers will remember that classic moment, during Morrison's run.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

seriously, can we not have a plastic man on-going? or at least guest star in an on-going monthly?

I love me some Plastic Man. We need more of this guy, in the new 52. As long as DC doesn't mess with his character....
    Spectre: You did this. You have done what I thought impossible. You have forced peace. The whole world. It feels....ordered. The evil is still there in people, but they're afraid to act.

Superman: They know I'm watching.