Default Batman readers question about issue 614 of Detective Comics from 1990

In the issue batman saves some kids from a gang and later Bruce becomes thier benefactor and gives them money for college should they graduate. The teacher of the kids says Bruce needs to get to know the kids of which Bruce agrees. Was this ever picked up on again? Bruce meeting with the kids?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
    In the issue batman saves some kids from a gang and later Bruce becomes thier benefactor and gives them money for college should they graduate. The teacher of the kids says Bruce needs to get to know the kids of which Bruce agrees. Was this ever picked up on again? Bruce meeting with the kids?
    I couldn't remember so I had to look back at the issue to refresh my memory. To my knowledge, this was never followed up on.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Yes. This group of kids makes a few more guest shots in single issue stories. I loved this era in Detective comics. These stories had a lot of heart! Not to mention Breyfogles art is the fucking ****!!! Love his Batman, simply the best!!!