View Poll Results: WHAT IS YOU FAVORITE LINE FOR AUGUST?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • COSMIC DAWN

2 12.50%
  • CURSED DAWN

4 25.00%
  • GOTHAM'S DAWN

5 31.25%
  • HEROES DAWN

1 6.25%
  • INFINITE DAWN

0 0%
  • STEEL DAWN

4 25.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Let me just say, holy shit, we've killed Scooby Doo! Love this month's stuff!
    Yeah,PETA has been sending me a ton of hate mail.(j/k) Scooby is in a better place now and they say all dogs go to Heaven. Rest In Peace. Wait until you see how Shaggy's life changes due to this loss.

SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? 1969- THE WALKING DEADMAN #4 2015

Great work everyone.

Hero's Dawn
    ARSENAL #11
    CYBORG: MAN/MACHINE #6 of 6
    JUSTICE LEAGUE: NEW DAWN #15
    NATURE FORCE #15
    SENSATION COMICS #8
    THE FLASH #13

Cosmic Dawn
    BLACK ADAM AND THE MARVELS #8
    GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT #8
    HAWKWORLD #5

Cursed Dawn
    DOOM PATROL #3
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #5
    SENTINELS OF MAGIC #3
    THE ELITE #15
    THE MANY MYTHS AND WONDER WOMAN #8
    WINGS AND A PRAYER #3 of 4

Gotham's Dawn
    BATMAN #15
    DARKHAWK & THE RENEGADES#3
    DETECTIVE COMICS #5
    HARPER ROW: AGENT OF ARGUS #11
    NIGHTWING #13
    OUTSIDERS: THE SPEAR OF DESTINY #3 of 6

Infinite Dawn
    AGENTS OF THE MULTIVERSE #10
    EARTH-3 #6
    Earth-51: Vir Letum #4
    SEVEN SOLDIERS OF VIRTUE #9
    THE SECRET SIX #10
    SUICIDE SQUAD #8

Steel Dawn
    ACTION #14
    BLACK LIGHTNING #2
    CLARK KENT: JOURNALIST OF STEEL #15
    SUPERMAN #14
    THE UNCANNY SUPERBOY#7
    YOUNG JUSTICE #2

Quote Originally Posted by shaggydoo View Post
    Yeah,PETA has been sending me a ton of hate mail.(j/k) Scooby is in a better place now and they say all dogs go to Heaven. Rest In Peace. Wait until you see how Shaggy's life changes due to this loss.

SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? 1969- THE WALKING DEADMAN #4 2015
    And to think - you would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling vegetarians!
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Can't wait for the angry 90s EXTREME resurrection.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Can't wait for the angry 90s EXTREME resurrection.
    'DeathScooby Blood-Force #1' coming September?
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    Don't forget his sidekick, Dark Shag!
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

And to think - you would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling vegetarians!

LOL!! Good one!

I would read the hell out of DeathScooby Blood-Force. Maybe a Reign of the Scoobies to see who will take the mantle.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I would read the hell out of DeathScooby Blood-Force. Maybe a Reign of the Scoobies to see who will take the mantle.
    Special guest appearance by the most... questionable villain of the original series...

Spectacular Member VideoGameCinema's Avatar

HEROES DAWN

Justice League: New Dawn #15
    Flash #13
    Cyborg #6 (of 6)

STEEL DAWN

Superman #14
    Superman: One Million #2
    Supergirl: Unchained #2
    Young Justice #2
    Action #14
    Clark Kent: Journalist of Steel #15

COSMIC DAWN

Green Lantern's Light #9

CURSED DAWN

Curse of the Phantasm #4
    Jonah Hex: Purge Night #5
    Justice League Dark #5
    The Walking Deadman #4

GOTHAM'S DAWN

Batman #15
    Gotham City Sirens #3
    Cold Justice #15
    Detective Comics #6
    Nightwing #13

INFINITE DAWN

Agents of the Multiverse #10
    Suicide Squad #9
    Earth-3 #6

Extraordinary Member

Uncanny Superboy #7

The introduction of the Matrix Supergirl interests me. If there aren't plans on what to do with her I'd be interested in plotting a title.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Uncanny Superboy #7

The introduction of the Matrix Supergirl interests me. If there aren't plans on what to do with her I'd be interested in plotting a title.
    Sounds good to me. Please pm me and we can work something out.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    My vote goes to Steel Dawn. Dispenser of Truth's trippy and inventive Superman titles were the highlights of this month's solicits for me.
    Thanks! Here's a little "behind the scenes" on the thought process in regards to the Hypertime stuff in Superman One Million:

With the 'Prime Hypertimeline Incarnation IX-1' business in Superman One Million, I actually had something specific in mind regarding that designation. For Hypertime, all the branching and converging parallel timelines that Morrison came up with and subtly brought back with Multiversity, there's always a Prime Timeline where the main books take place that always reasserts itself until the next shakeup over the 'imaginary stories'. There's a lot more to it (I even wrote a thing on this idea in the Superman thread), but as I think of it, it basically hashes out like this: There was the original Prime Hypertimeline I, with the original Golden Age Superman. Later (I'd say around when Siegel and Shuster lost full control of the comic, so with "The K-Metal From Krypton" and "How Superman Would End The War"), due to Krona splintering reality, we get a gradual transmogrification into Prime Hypertimeline II-1, or what we'd know as Earth-One (Earth-Two, in my setup, is left as a slightly altered castoff dimension created by the discarding of the original DCU, still out there itself but no longer 'Prime'). Through the reboots and timeline changes, both small resulting in the -# bits (like Superman shifting from Byrne's origin to Birthright without a full reboot), and full shifts, hashing out roughly like this:

I: The original DCU
    II: Earth-One
    III: Post-Crisis
    IV: Post-Zero-Hour
    V: Post-Infinite Crisis
    VI: New 52
    VII: Whatever the next reboot is, so that few of us will see anything in our lifetimes to contradict the next parts
    VIII: DC: New Dawn
    IX: DC: New Dawn 2.0

Kal Kent is from Prime Hypertimeline Ω, the last incarnation of the DCU as we know it after the last reality-altering cosmic shakeups have taken place. All-Star Superman took place here, as did DC One Million. The thing is, during the DC One Million crossover, like in previous situations such as in Flash #159 where Hypertimelines brushed up against one another too closely and unnaturally, it affected both realities; Kal mentioned in DC One Million #1 the team-up with the Superman Squad in All-Star Superman #6, while simultaneously making it clear he thought this was his first meeting with the original Superman. His timeline was temporarily affected; the 853rd century seen in DC One Million was warped by contact with timeline IV, and isn't quite what it'll be in my run (I always thought it seemed insufficiently futurey for the most part relative to the likes of the Legion of Superheroes, a weird clash of solidly but not mind-blowingly utopian and oddly out-of-place dystopian elements that I'm chalking up to more timeline shenanigans).

None of this is spoilery, or likely even that crucial to my run (though I can't say for sure - I'm making this up as I go along for the most part, as opposed to Man of Tomorrow which is much more solidly constructed and planned), just a little thing to show that wasn't completely just throwaway techno-babble. Anyway, my picks for the month.

HEROES DAWN
    Justice League: New Dawn #15
    The Flash #13
    Cyborg: Man/Machine #6
    Arsenal #11

CURSED DAWN
    Preacher: Between Heaven and Hell #5
    The Walking Deadman #5
    Hellblazer #11
    Sandman #5

GOTHAM'S DAWN
    Batman #15

INFINITE DAWN
    Earth-3 #6
    The Secret Six #10

STEEL DAWN
    Superman #14
    Superman One Million #2
    Krypto Unleashed #14
    Supergirl Unchained #2
    Superman: The Man of Tomorrow #8
    Buh-bye

That's great! It's clear that you've really thought this out! (...more than can be said for some of the actual writers and editors...)
    My fan fiction:

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Well done, DOT

Makes perfect sense to me. I am buying in!