Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

For Chapter 2, you're going to want to have Captain Marvel and use Absorb Energy.
    I finally beat the first set of Krees today. She and Iron Man (rotating between Repulsor Shield and Incendiary Rockets) were the key.
    I used them two with Black Panther and Scarlet Witch.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    For Chapter 2, you're going to want to have Captain Marvel and use Absorb Energy.
    I finally beat the first set of Krees today. She and Iron Man (rotating between Repulsor Shield and Incendiary Rockets) were the key.
    Yes, I haven't won a fight without Scarlet Witch yet in Chapter 2. Assignment 8 was brutal, it took me 20+ tries to beat the middle battle. (And I loved it.)

I've seen a lot of FB comments that the game is too hard. I really hope that they don't cave to pressure and make it as simple as MAA. I love that game, but it hasn't been challenging since level 50.
    Last edited by krisis; 06-19-2014 at 05:53 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

This game ruined the other Marvel games for me

I don't have much time to play, and this one is so cool that I barely touch the other games.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

I've gotten all the way to the first fight of Assignment 12 without Scarlet Witch or Captain Marvel. I've been using Sif, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Black Panther, and Iron Man.

Going to have to go back to grinding for CP, though, at least until I can level up Omega Sentinel and/or get another hero... those demon soldiers are brutal, lol. I didn't have any problem beating the Kree, though some of those fights lasted quite a while.

Sidebar: Crimson Dynamo is by far the easiest fight of Chapter 2, even with the bug making class bonuses not work. He probably should've been the first fight. What a joke.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I'm rather unimpressed with the game overall. It takes a long time to level heroes compared to MAA (I've spent money on gold offers there, so I'm biased).

The enemy dodge rate is through the roof.

I'm still investing more time in it right now compared to MAA, though that will switch back now that PvP has resumed.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I played through upto epic fight and to be honest while Captain Marvel was one of the four I used I never used that ability. Its her deadly crits and automatic crits on bruisers why she is so good to take. They kinda fixed light speed to last only one turn.

What level are your chars?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I'm rather unimpressed with the game overall. It takes a long time to level heroes compared to MAA (I've spent money on gold offers there, so I'm biased).

The enemy dodge rate is through the roof.

I'm still investing more time in it right now compared to MAA, though that will switch back now that PvP has resumed.
    PVP is main problem with MAAT, it is disruptive rather than addition to pve side. I need 100k for upgrade and training...good luck getting there. Defending is so hard as you got 8 buildings. Well, you can ignore ISO losing buildings, but that still leaves I think 3 only silver and 2 split ones.

One little gem either go full defense or no defense for specific building. You deny exp and gains are halved from defenseless buildings at least for now.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Atren View Post
    PVP is main problem with MAAT, it is disruptive rather than addition to pve side. I need 100k for upgrade and training...good luck getting there. Defending is so hard as you got 8 buildings. Well, you can ignore ISO losing buildings, but that still leaves I think 3 only silver and 2 split ones.

One little gem either go full defense or no defense for specific building. You deny exp and gains are halved from defenseless buildings at least for now.
    The other problematic thing about PVP is that its susceptible to vindictiveness. You're stuck on the same map with someone who knows where to find you at all times. If you happen to raze their base for silver at an inopportune time there's nothing to prevent them from leveling your base repeatedly for weeks every time they're online - and asking all of their allies on the same map to do the same.

I generally don't enjoy games that present any kind of club or league vengeance aspect, because I just do not have the time or inclination to give a crap.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

I never attacked anyone (don't care about PvP), and gladly, no one attacked me either. Don't know if I am lucky or if my neighbours are polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Atren View Post
    I played through upto epic fight and to be honest while Captain Marvel was one of the four I used I never used that ability. Its her deadly crits and automatic crits on bruisers why she is so good to take. They kinda fixed light speed to last only one turn.

What level are your chars?
    They're level 5 now.

I currently have-

Level 5
    Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Cyclops
    Hawkeye
    Iron Man
    Scarlet Witch

Level 4

Black Widow
    Iron Fist
    She-Hulk

Level 2
    Taskmaster
    16 Agents

Captain Marvel's Absorb Energy is great as is only needs activating once.
    Also, Scarlet Witch's Chaos Shield stacks (!).

I was going to get Sif next, but I had gotten Taskmaster's Archer passive in the roulette already. So I chose to get him first.
    I also hear he's really good.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 06-20-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The other problematic thing about PVP is that its susceptible to vindictiveness. You're stuck on the same map with someone who knows where to find you at all times. If you happen to raze their base for silver at an inopportune time there's nothing to prevent them from leveling your base repeatedly for weeks every time they're online - and asking all of their allies on the same map to do the same.

I generally don't enjoy games that present any kind of club or league vengeance aspect, because I just do not have the time or inclination to give a crap.
    Agreed. I got attacked today and went from 80k to 2k in the span of a few minutes... My friends and I bubbled his base for his trouble, but still, it was quite disheartening to see my buildings burning time and again. I spent 25k on a jet upgrade just to keep it out of his hands.

Shouldn't there be some kind of limit...? How are we supposed to play the game if we need to keep our best heroes on Defense all the time and, more than likely, that won't even work because the attacker has 12 minutes (up from 7!) to kill them all?
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I haven't attacked other players yet. I'm waiting until I have to for a task. I've been attacked several times but have not lost much silver or Isos because I tend not to keep much of those items in stock (although I am saving silver to train IM to 8).

I even have neglected to assign heroes and agents to buildings to defend. This is out of pure laziness and indifference.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 06-21-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Agreed. I got attacked today and went from 80k to 2k in the span of a few minutes... My friends and I bubbled his base for his trouble, but still, it was quite disheartening to see my buildings burning time and again. I spent 25k on a jet upgrade just to keep it out of his hands.

Shouldn't there be some kind of limit...? How are we supposed to play the game if we need to keep our best heroes on Defense all the time and, more than likely, that won't even work because the attacker has 12 minutes (up from 7!) to kill them all?
    On the bright side... because it gives them 12 minutes, if you're online you can heal your other buildings while they're still fighting.

Oh, and a new strategy occured to me last night.

Scarlet Witch, Taskmaster, Hawkeye and a fourth. Prefreably someone with both a good range attack with knockback, like Cyclops, Iron Man or Captain Marvel.

Get a Hex Sphere off with Scarlet Witch.
    Form an X, with Scarlet Witch in center.
    Then from that point on, use Witch just to cast Chaos Shield, unless you need to pick off someone that's near death but has an attack coming.

If you use Iron Man, alternate between Repulsor Shield and Missile Barrage.

If you use Captain Marvel, be aware that Absorb Energy backfires if she has a Chaos Shield. So either don't use Absorb Energy or keep her out of the formation, jetting around the map knocking enemies into area attack fields.

Plus, if you need a quick heal and you have Hawkeye's Explosive Arrow, target your own team if they have Chaos Shield up.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 06-21-2014 at 01:38 PM.

BANNED

Bad news for fans of this game...

https://www.playdomforums.com/showth...e-Gold-for-MAA

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Unfortunate news.

From the lack of activity in chat and PVP I got the sense that it didn't really gain the traction they needed in order to expand it. Honestly, it was a super-cool gaming experience, but it didn't feel like they beta-tested it enough. The cost of things was unbalanced and some of the UI elements/interactions were just bad.

That said, it amazes me that Playdom could let a free-to-play Marvel game with 3d sprite graphics fail. It hints of bad project management & product management.

(For example: Nowhere in the UI does it indicate which hero skills you will get at which level, and then you see them in the PVP roulettes, so you think you might want to buy some - and then discover they're on the skill tree! Plus, it never explains why you would want to pay to level up skills with no clear increasing benefit, like passives that grant buffs or movement changes. Meanwhile, skills that seem like they should get better when you pay for them - like Hawkeye and Hulk's proximity counters - are all L1 and their damage doesn't scale. None of that makes sense based on any of the rest of it! I'm still in the dark about it all after months of playing.)
    Last edited by krisis; 08-23-2014 at 06:26 AM.