Default Batman elseword stories you'd like to see?

I want to see one where Batman kills and starts to go insane because of it. Like he kills Joker by accident or maybe in a heat of rage and gets away with it because well it's Joker but he starts being haunted by Joker's "ghost" and it's left to interpretation whether it's really Joker's ghost or just a hallucination. Joker as a ghost procedes to drive Batman mad egging him on to keep killing and it comes to a head when Batman finds his parents killer and does the right thing turns him in to the police but then system fails and his parents killer goes free and Batman/Bruce is understandably devastated and that's Joker's ghost appears saying "So what are you going to do now Batman? He can't be charged a second time your one chance to get justice for your parents and you blew it."

That's when Batman commits straight out premeditated murder only it's more challenging because now he has to worry about hiding the body, an alibi, and destroying evidence to which Joker's ghost is like "Not as easy as you thought it was is it? What are you going to do when Nightwing and the others find out? What will you do when Gordon finds out." Eventually it all gets worse and worse until the Bat Family have to take him in which leads into a confrontation where Batman ultimately flees and ends up bleeding to death from police inflicted gunshot would in the very ally his parents died in. Everything wraps up with a funeral for Bruce Wayne.

Astonishing Member

Interesting story. A little too bleak for my taste but I can't dispute its creative merits!

Personally, I've always wanted a story set in the universe of 'Tec # 500 ('To Kill a Legend'). I also wanted to see how the Bruce Wayne of that universe ends up becoming Batman (inspired by the man who saved his parents) and how different a Batman he would be and how different a universe it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Interesting story. A little too bleak for my taste but I can't dispute its creative merits!

Personally, I've always wanted a story set in the universe of 'Tec # 500 ('To Kill a Legend'). I also wanted to see how the Bruce Wayne of that universe ends up becoming Batman (inspired by the man who saved his parents) and how different a Batman he would be and how different a universe it would be.
    That's a good idea I wonder how different he would be. Really would be interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Well, for an else-worlds story with a different setting but familiar players, I'd love to see some kind of Swords and Sorcery story that sticks closer to the general interpretation of Batman's world for the characterizations and designs, but uses magic and riddle-of-steel style compents:

In a time of magic and madness, in the decrepit and depraved kingdom of Got-Häim, the city of no king, no law, and no mercy, the listless and rich bard Lord Weyn spends his days in revelry and relaxation entertaining the numerous nobles in the Palace of Arkham. But at night, Weyn discards his music and wastrel-guise to don the ancient and ensorcelled armor of the Dark Knight of Arkham, the ancient and almost forgotten Prince-Warlord of the kingdom, and atop this armor he bears the rainments of the Bat-Man, the nightmarish adjudicator of right and wrong, bringing some measure of justice to those forgotten by the Lords of Got-Häim. Armed with the knowledge of a knight of the court, a brigand of the narrow streets, and the monster hunters of the wasteland, he constantly battles the Mad Mage Strange for control of the Palace, the cat-warging Princess of the Thieves' guild Selene for control of the merchants' lanes, and the hideous Laughing Man of the haunted but still populated Necropolis of Arkham.

But news arrives of a great horde from the South, a horde lead by The Bane of Empires. The Bane seeks a great kingdom in which to establish his own tyrannical rule and establish hegemony over all. They are coming for Got-Häim. Weyn summons what allies he can, his Order of the Bat, and makes what treaties he must, including ceding territory to Selene, to prepare for the coming battle.

But the Laughing Man and the Mad Mage are making their own preparations...
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Well, for an else-worlds story with a different setting but familiar players, I'd love to see some kind of Swords and Sorcery story that sticks closer to the general interpretation of Batman's world for the characterizations and designs, but uses magic and riddle-of-steel style compents:

In a time of magic and madness, in the decrepit and depraved kingdom of Got-Häim, the city of no king, no law, and no mercy, the listless and rich bard Lord Weyn spends his days in revelry and relaxation entertaining the numerous nobles in the Palace of Arkham. But at night, Weyn discards his music and wastrel-guise to don the ancient and ensorcelled armor of the Dark Knight of Arkham, the ancient and almost forgotten Prince-Warlord of the kingdom, and atop this armor he bears the rainments of the Bat-Man, the nightmarish adjudicator of right and wrong, bringing some measure of justice to those forgotten by the Lords of Got-Häim. Armed with the knowledge of a knight of the court, a brigand of the narrow streets, and the monster hunters of the wasteland, he constantly battles the Mad Mage Strange for control of the Palace, the cat-warging Princess of the Thieves' guild Selene for control of the merchants' lanes, and the hideous Laughing Man of the haunted but still populated Necropolis of Arkham.

But news arrives of a great horde from the South, a horde lead by The Bane of Empires. The Bane seeks a great kingdom in which to establish his own tyrannical rule and establish hegemony over all. They are coming for Got-Häim. Weyn summons what allies he can, his Order of the Bat, and makes what treaties he must, including ceding territory to Selene, to prepare for the coming battle.

But the Laughing Man and the Mad Mage are making their own preparations...
    Okay I love this I wouldn't mind if Scarecrow made an appearance as a horrifying ghoul terrorizing local farmers either.

Lets see....How about Batman is killed by Joker. Only to become The Spectre. I would love to see this happen. Or a world where there is only Batman, no other DCU heroes. Just Bruce and Alfred. Or an Expanded mini series of Darkest Knight, where he is Green Lantern. Or an Elseworlds where Flashpoint Thomas Wayne , Earth 2 Dick, and Bruce team up. Lots of great possible stories here.

Mighty Member

it'd be interesting to see Batman in pre WW2 warlord dominated China. mostly because it would be interesting to see how he would interact with the KMT and the Communist parties respectively. and then, of course, to see how he might deal with the Japanese invasion as well. of course, to do it well you'd have to do years of research...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think it would be fun to see an almost true crime kind of take on him, as realistic as possible and told from Jim Gordon's perspective as he tries to apprehend a dangerous vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I think it would be fun to see an almost true crime kind of take on him, as realistic as possible and told from Jim Gordon's perspective as he tries to apprehend a dangerous vigilante.
    Isn't that really just Year One?

I don't know whether it have been done or not but I want to see Bruce Wayne decided to avenge his parents by becoming a determined detective at Gotham. To add the twist, it would be more interesting if he somehow fail and become a villain (He could become Two-Face, for example)
    Last edited by bonbon; 08-12-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Isn't that really just Year One?
    Nah, there's still a lot of ordinary superheroics there like punching people through brick walls, punching down trees and at the end he's accepted. I want a story where it really is just a guy in a suit, no crazy gadgets or super kung fu and I'd want a real world kind of reaction to that.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Nah, there's still a lot of ordinary superheroics there like punching people through brick walls, punching down trees and at the end he's accepted. I want a story where it really is just a guy in a suit, no crazy gadgets or super kung fu and I'd want a real world kind of reaction to that.
    So Death Wish with a cape? I'm not sure you can take Batman to that grounded a version without guns and still keep enough suspension of disbelief for it to work. Then again if it is an Elseworld's you could have Batman use guns I guess. It's the only way I really see it working.