Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What if the Secret Wars Battleworld carried on?

I've been really enjoying this event and surprisingly the books that have come out of it too. With the information coming out, it does look like post Secret Wars the status quo will essentially be reset and there will be a reversion to a single Marvel world and a few parallel ones and we will lose most of what was going on here.

So what if the Secret Wars world carried on, what book would you continue buying? What stories and Baronies would you like to explore more? For me the books I've really been enjoying, and will really miss are:

Siege
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps
    A-Force
    Giant Sized Marvel: AvX
    Spider-Verse
    Thors
    Guardians of Knowhere
    Years of Future Past

With a shout out for

E for Extinction
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew your Vows
    Armour Wars
    Age of Apocalypse
    Civil War
    StarLord and Kitty Pryde

Which books would you have loved to carry on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    there will be a reversion to a single Marvel world and a few parallel ones and we will lose most of what was going on here.
    Wow, big responsibility wiping out most life in the mutliverse, I wonder if that can actually hang on someones soul?

And no, I like alternate reality stuff but in moderation, once in a decade if that. It's a nice twist but all this alt-reality and time travel stuff from Marvel in the last few years is wearing real thin.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would only probably get a Battleworld book if that remains the planet of alternative realities combined. But only domains who did not excist in 616. So no the domains based on once in history books like Civil War, E is for extinction, Renew your Vows etc. But only ones like Age of Apocalypse, 2099 and Future Imperfect. Got what I mean?

Then the ones getting empty because they were once in 616 history, could be taken by alternatives we missed on Battleworld like Age of X and Heroes Reborn.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I would only probably get a Battleworld book if that remains the planet of alternative realities combined. But only domains who did not excist in 616. So no the domains based on once in history books like Civil War, E is for extinction, Renew your Vows etc. But only ones like Age of Apocalypse, 2099 and Future Imperfect. Got what I mean?

Then the ones getting empty because they were once in 616 history, could be taken by alternatives we missed on Battleworld like Age of X and Heroes Reborn.
    So carry on with a pre SW style earth and universe, but have Battleworld to play on? I do think they should keep some from of Battleworld and these books alive and the way you mentioned would give people the best of both worlds... though it does negate the (assumed) editorial justification for the event.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Wow, big responsibility wiping out most life in the mutliverse, I wonder if that can actually hang on someones soul?

And no, I like alternate reality stuff but in moderation, once in a decade if that. It's a nice twist but all this alt-reality and time travel stuff from Marvel in the last few years is wearing real thin.

That has already been done.

This is pretty much the first time I've ready and Marvel books in years, I think the last time I was collecting books monthly was around the time of Messiah Complex, so for me it was a cool event and still rather fresh.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

So what if the Secret Wars world carried on, what book would you continue buying?
    None. There's not even a chance of me continuing with the concept. I find it a complete and utter bore that's without a shred of substance.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

It would be cool if Battleworld could stick around in some form after SW. I would love it if Marvel Zombies and Weirdworld were to carry on.

That has already been done.
    The person responsible to restoring the 616 and other universes back to the way they were is responsible for restoring the multiverse, you leave a few hundred thousand universes out, that's a 7 billion few hundred thounsand human lives alone you've not restored. As we know of Marvel Multiverse, a different version of characters are their own people. The person restoring the world is as much responsible for their demises as the Beyonders are for killing everyone.

If they could make such a decisions as which worlds to restore, then why not also make them a slightly better place. Maybe leave a few people missing?
    Last edited by The Fury; 08-07-2015 at 06:57 AM.

Two things. First the Magneto in the Red Skull book is from Age of X. Second I believe it has been suggested that the upcoming Contest of Champions series will take place on Battleworld with Maestro as the ruler of that world. There is a president for this as well. The original Battleworld survived the end of the first Secret Wars with the Thing wandering around having adventures in one of his solo series. The original Battleworld fell apart when he transported himself back to earth. All those plants, animals, and aliens died when he left and he had no idea his leaving killed them all. Tragic.

I would love that honestly, plus it seems like that may be happening already. While we have a clear confirmation that alternate characters are coming to the MU it also looks like parts of Battleworld will be interegrated as well, seeing as how Weirdworld is surviving and the Black Knight has set up shop there with the Uncanny Avengers coming for him.

So I think we need to wait and see what else gets added from Battleworld.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    It would be cool if Battleworld could stick around in some form after SW. I would love it if Marvel Zombies and Weirdworld were to carry on.
    Weirdwolrd is living on in some form, the Black Knight book is set there.

I'm pretty sure that it does. I think Contest of Champions will be about those alternate heroes stuck on Battleworld.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    The person responsible to restoring the 616 and other universes back to the way they were is responsible for restoring the multiverse, you leave a few hundred thousand universes out, that's a 7 billion few hundred thounsand human lives alone you've not restored. As we know of Marvel Multiverse, a different version of characters are their own people. The person restoring the world is as much responsible for their demises as the Beyonders are for killing everyone.

If they could make such a decisions as which worlds to restore, then why not also make them a slightly better place. Maybe leave a few people missing?
    Well this is the "argument" that was had in one of the other Secret War threads, if you do return to the staus quo what do you do with all the duplicates? Can it be justified erasing them?

Quote Originally Posted by tahhat View Post
    Two things. First the Magneto in the Red Skull book is from Age of X. Second I believe it has been suggested that the upcoming Contest of Champions series will take place on Battleworld with Maestro as the ruler of that world. There is a president for this as well. The original Battleworld survived the end of the first Secret Wars with the Thing wandering around having adventures in one of his solo series. The original Battleworld fell apart when he transported himself back to earth. All those plants, animals, and aliens died when he left and he had no idea his leaving killed them all. Tragic.
    I never knew that about the original Battleworld. They may just keep the world alive and restore a version of the 616 world we had. A full earth like place.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I would love that honestly, plus it seems like that may be happening already. While we have a clear confirmation that alternate characters are coming to the MU it also looks like parts of Battleworld will be interegrated as well, seeing as how Weirdworld is surviving and the Black Knight has set up shop there with the Uncanny Avengers coming for him.

So I think we need to wait and see what else gets added from Battleworld.
    Do you think Battleworld will be part of the new 616 Earth? Or a parallel universe?