Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I'm just curious: Why is this a problem for you?

I'm not trying to call you out or anything, I just want to know the reason.
    I've been thinking about that myself, and while i can't come up with a specific reason, i think it has to do with the article on newsarama i read about all the extreme heroes of the nineties. Deadpool came out of that time, and the fact that he's a mercenary is probably one of the big reasons. I don't care for guns, so any mercenary type would be a big negative for me. Plus, his healing ability while fighting off cancer, making him somewhat unpleasant to look at makes me kind of squeamish. I just don't get the appeal of characters like deadpool, or venom. oddly enough, I've never had a problem with Wolverine, though.
    Last edited by protege; 08-07-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbalee33 View Post
    Funny I have always taken it as an Avengers book, that is (finally) allowing X-Men at the big table.
    Finally? Wolverine has been an Avenger since 2005! Sunspot and Cannonball since 2012.
    This was supposed to be 50/50 or something. In Vol. 1 you had 4 Avengers (Cap, Wasp, Thor and Wonder Man), 4 X-Men (Wolverine, Havok, Rogue and Sunfire) and 1 mutant Avenger (Scarlet Witch).

I'm scared by this:
    She's always been cool, and her mutant gift comes with a curse, and her ability to absorb another person on contact is so isolating. We've added a few new wrinkles to Rogue's life that will test her mental toughness. She was recharged with Wonder-Man's ionic energy; that story will come to a head in the coming months. This weekend I happened to write a beat for her that will surprise fans, because it surprised me. I think it will pop up towards the end of year one.
    Same old Rogue's story.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Finally? Wolverine has been an Avenger since 2005! Sunspot and Cannonball since 2012.
    This was supposed to be 50/50 or something. In Vol. 1 you had 4 Avengers (Cap, Wasp, Thor and Wonder Man), 4 X-Men (Wolverine, Havok, Rogue and Sunfire) and 1 mutant Avenger (Scarlet Witch).

I'm scared by this:

Same old Rogue's story.
    Finally at the big table as in when they launched the book it was wuth the premise that the Avengers were publicly accepting the X-Men as equal heroes, showing the world that they are not the monsters they are portrayed as. Not just the idle member squeezed onto a team. They even turned the iconic mansion into the unity head quarters.
    I think this theory is now being extended to the Inhumans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post

I'm scared by this:

Same old Rogue's story.
    I'm kind of "wondering" if Wonder Man is going to turn up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbalee33 View Post
    Finally at the big table as in when they launched the book it was wuth the premise that the Avengers were publicly accepting the X-Men as equal heroes, showing the world that they are not the monsters they are portrayed as. Not just the idle member squeezed onto a team. They even turned the iconic mansion into the unity head quarters.
    I think this theory is now being extended to the Inhumans as well.
    yeah, but they should have done this years ago with the Xmen.

Looking forward to this. I'm intrigued by what he has in store for Old Man Rogers, and Rogue, being the only original members, and given the answer to this question...

When it comes to group dynamics and infighting, you have two characters in your cast, Steve Rogers and Rogue, who saw how disastrous things became when the Unity Squad couldn't work together back in the first volume of "Uncanny Avengers." So I imagine they might especially want to make sure that people are getting along?

Absolutely. If history repeats itself, disaster awaits. You'll see the lengths that Steve and Rogue will go for one another in our part of "Avengers" #0. We only have eight pages in that book, but I think fans will get a kick out of that story.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    yeah, but they should have done this years ago with the Xmen.
    Yes they should have, which was addressed by Steve Rogers in the first volume. Now they are extending it to the Imhumans. Really should have an Alien, an Atlantian, and a AI life form as well. Thats some unity

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Deadpool was born a human, Wade Wilson, and was given Wolverine's healing factor through Weapon X. So by definition he's a mutate, like Spider-Man. He is no mutant.

But even if he were 0.2 mutant, that's still 1.2 mutants out of 8 characters. They can't pass off a book that's 12.5% to 15% mutants as an X-Men book.
    He is a mutate, yes. But he does carry a mutant gene. It was revealed in his last solo that his daughter is a mutant.. but her powers hadn't manifested in the run.

What is the rationale for this team getting together? where is the headquarters?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What is the rationale for this team getting together?
    The same rationale it was in the first volume?

Astonishing Member

Duggan might want to let his editors know that it is Toro on the team--in every interview or article about the book thus far, he's been referred to as the "Human Torch", with people wondering whether it was Jim Hammond or Johnny Storm. Toro makes more sense, given that the team is now reaching out to Inhumans as well...but they've specifically said "Human Torch" a few times now.

What is the rationale for this team getting together? where is the headquarters?
    The rationale is what it was for the previous volume--an Avengers group that includes the 'feared-and-hated' minorities of the MU (just mutants in the last volume, but now mutants and Inhumans) to try and promote better relations, both within the superhero community and for the public as well by seeing these minorities accepted and embraced as Avengers.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

So glad that Rogue is leading the team!!

And this new Inhuman called Synapse sounds very intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    You mean he didn't draw people's limbs like they were stockings full of old potatoes.
    When I saw the first cover I thought it was a rush job. Sadly, it looks like it's Stegman's new style is to have everyone look they're going to break their ankles as soon as they step on the ground
    I really hope the writing is good, because the art and the roster have left me cold.

I don't think " rationale" enters into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Duggan might want to let his editors know that it is Toro on the team--in every interview or article about the book thus far, he's been referred to as the "Human Torch", with people wondering whether it was Jim Hammond or Johnny Storm. Toro makes more sense, given that the team is now reaching out to Inhumans as well...but they've specifically said "Human Torch" a few times now.

The rationale is what it was for the previous volume--an Avengers group that includes the 'feared-and-hated' minorities of the MU (just mutants in the last volume, but now mutants and Inhumans) to try and promote better relations, both within the superhero community and for the public as well by seeing these minorities accepted and embraced as Avengers.
    You know, rogue is suddenly standing out like a sore thumb; thanks to the terrigen mists, most of the mutants aren't around anymore,(are they even on earth?) and at least half of the ones that are left are bad guys. I think the public is more concerned with the proliferation of new humans, then where the mutants went.